Re: Vintage Watches

Nice watches. I do have a simple, rather restrained Rolex Date brushed stainless I bought over 25 years ago. A couple of years later the price on that exact model doubled! Never had either a Bulova or a Patek Philippe..
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

The Rolex is an insurance replacement from 1996 for a 1976 Submariner I bought new for $224. Some watches and cars have outperformed the stock market, but nothing I own.
I: ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED
II: NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY
III: KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET
IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT'S BEHIND IT

The only vintage watch I have is a Certina that was given to my grandfather on his 50th birthday in 1963.
It still runs but it needs to be serviced and I'm trying to find another one like it because the lugs are pretty much worn through.
Attachments
20200512_221832.jpg
20200512_221747.jpg

Found this 70's Omega in a box of watches in the basement... I haven't worn it since the mid 70's.
My everyday watch in in the shop so I'm wearing this. I'm stunned it still works after 45+ years.
I: ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED
II: NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY
III: KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET
IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT'S BEHIND IT
Attachments
Omega.jpg

Crystals are replaceable. They come in all sizes and, of course, synthetic sapphire is the very best material. I just replaced the crystal on a Raymond Weil Tango for less than $17!
RaymondWeil (2).jpg
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

I had a very special pocket watch that got stolen during a cross town move back in the late 1960s. It was a striking pocket watch made for the blind. In addition to the normal dial there was a lever on the side that when raised caused the watch to strike the hours and quarter hours. It was made by Hamilton but in a simple heavy Sterling Silver case. It had been given to my great grandfather when his eyesight began to fade.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim