New (to me) BPCR from CPA Rifles

Last week, I took possession of a CPA Silhouette rifle. It's a .40-65 cal and top of the line. Badger half-octagon barrel, MVA Soule sight with Hadley eye cup. It originally belonged to a late family friend and shooting buddy of my father's. Dad received it from the man's estate after his death and has now passed it on to me. I'm not sure it has ever actually had more than 20 rounds through it (given that our friend passed only a year after he ordered it), and most of those I shot when I picked it up. Now, I need to get a mould, more brass, and work up a load.

For those not familiar CPA is Paul Shuttleworth's company up in PA and specializes in recreating (with a few small improvements) the Stevens Model 44 1/2 from 1902. This is a thing of beauty. Here it is next to its BPCR companion, my Pedersoli Sharps (sans Vernier sight). Also, with my Stevens Model 418 in .22lr and my great grandfather's Stevens (Savage) 311A double 16ga. I didn't really plan to be a Stevens collector (and the 311 isn't exactly what you'd call a high-end classic double), but hey.... It is what it is.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk