Re: I wouldn't just ask this of any forum...

Hey, don'tcha just hate it when someone puts up a thread, there's a goodly number of replies...and the OP is never heard from again? :whistle: :D

I'd forgotten about this thread and just noticed it incidentally. Thanx muchly for all the input. Alas, I'm in "Necessities Only" mode these last few months (and for the foreseeable future), so I've been going the saucepan route. I will be revisiting all the great advice at some future time, and I do appreciate the help.
If liberals interpreted the Second Amendment the way they interpret the rest of the Bill of Rights, there would be law professors arguing that gun ownership is mandatory. - Mickey Kaus, The New Republic

YankeeTarheel wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:42 pm Oops...just use the saucepan method. Add a tsp of olive oil and another of butter or margarine to the water.
:crazy: That sudden realization you’re in deep with heathens and barbarians.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Mason wrote:We have an AROMA brand 8 cup that gets used multiple times a week for at least three but maybe five years now. Brown rice takes much longer than white but comes out fine. It has four buttons white, brown, steam, warm. They all do what they say.
Recommend Aroma brand. We got one as a wedding gift. Used the heck out of it. Still works, but I mostly cook stove top these days.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

BTW something worldly to throw out at the next post-Covid soiree you attend: Zojirushi the huge Japanese small appliance manufacturer is essentially named “Elephant Brand” (as in 象印 Zo-Shirushi).
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

wings wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:27 am
Bisbee wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:44 am
YankeeTarheel wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:42 pm Oops...just use the saucepan method. Add a tsp of olive oil and another of butter or margarine to the water.
:crazy: That sudden realization you’re in deep with heathens and barbarians.
What did you expect?

At least it isn't tartar sauce.
If you've never tried it, you don't know what you're missing. I've made rice on a stovetop without even thinking about it for over 40 years. And I don't give a flying fuck what anyone thinks...my family loves it and the butter and olive oil are a trick I learned from a Bahamian chef who cooks at a little obscure restaurant that the Prime Minister frequents, and we saw former Senator Tom Harkin dining at....
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."