Re: Be like Sweden

Hm...How?
Cool at the bottom, frost-bitten at the top?
Long and skinny?
Home to depressing, dark movies?
Neutral between East and West?
Speak a language only comprehensible to other Swedes, and maybe some Norwegians and Danes?
Or make lots of meatballs?
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Looks like that site is using a revoked SSL certificate. Browsers aren't going to like that at all. Firefox doesn't even give me the option to proceed manually.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

How about this one?
https://www.realworldsurvivor.com/2019/ ... -preppers/

The break down is this: They are so worried about Russia that they pushed out a basic prepping guideline to 9.9 million households in the country. The whole damn country was encouraged to start prepping.

https://www.dinsakerhet.se/siteassets/d ... gelska.pdf

That link is to the actual agency that provided the pamphlet.
Never smile too big, the gods may mistake it for hubris.

this looks relevant:
"States and organisations are already using misleading information in order to try and influence our values and how we act. The aim may be to reduce our resilience and willingness to defend ourselves. The best protection against false information and hostile propaganda is to critically appraise the source:•Is this factual information or opinion? •What is the aim of this information? •Who has put this out? •Is the source trustworthy? •Is this information available somewhere else? •Is this information new or old and why is it out there at this precise moment? Be on the lookout for false information7• Search for information – the best way to counteract propaganda and false information is to have done your homework.• Do not believe in rumours – use more than one reliable source in order to see whether the information is cor-rect. • Do not spread rumours – if the information does not appear trustworthy, do not pass it on."
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

This appears to be the full guide in English.
https://www.dinsakerhet.se/siteassets/d ... gelska.pdf
If Sweden is attacked, resistance is required
If Sweden is attacked by another country, we will never give up. All information to the effect that resistance is to cease is false.
Sweden is technically neutral, they were in WWII. Norway to their west and Denmark to their southwest are NATO and Finland to their east is also neutral. Sweden reintroduced conscription because of fears about the Russian bear to their east.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Yes very troubling. Is it just drug wars; the right wing blames it on unemployed immigrants; or Russia interfering in Sweden?
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

The Viggens were incredible aircraft for their time. It came out not too long ago that the USA funded much of the program. We need to support Sweden in their efforts to protect themselves from the Russians but everyone knows that the Trumpers won't do that.

SpaceRanger42 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:36 pm I would move to Sweden in a heartbeat if they added geeky, overweight, deviant, leather crafts person to their list of desirable occupations to fast track to residency :)
It is C-O-L-D in the winter there. Maybe live there (or a comparable spot in Alaska) for a while before you commit. Nice place, though.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

:yahoo: No way, I am into it. Hygge lifestyle for the win! Find a good gaming group, learn the language and I am golden.
And my wife would wish me bon voyage as there is no way I cold talk her into moving into that climate. I can't even get her to consider Montana or Colorado.
Never smile too big, the gods may mistake it for hubris.

SpaceRanger42 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:50 am :yahoo: No way, I am into it. Hygge lifestyle for the win! Find a good gaming group, learn the language and I am golden.
And my wife would wish me bon voyage as there is no way I cold talk her into moving into that climate. I can't even get her to consider Montana or Colorado.
Maybe some day, eh? It's always nice to look at options like Sweden or Montana or a tropical island. :yes:
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt