Donnie Jr. releases provocative book defending Daddy.

Talk about anything you like but keep it civil. This is a public forum, the views and opinions expressed here do not necessarily reflect those of the LGC.

Moderators: Inquisitor, admin, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

TrueTexan
Verified Member
Verified Member

Donnie Jr. releases provocative book defending Daddy.

#1 Post by TrueTexan » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:36 pm

I wonder who did the ghost writing for him?
Donald Trump Jr. released a book Tuesday that rails against the left as he admitted he had caught the political bug and may consider running for office in the future.

In “Triggered: How the Left Thrives on Hate and Wants to Silence US,” the president’s son fiercely defends his father and slams mainstream media and political opponents including Hillary Clinton.

“This is the book that the leftist elites don’t want you to read!” screams a blurb on Amazon, adding that “no topic is spared from political correctness.”

The book quickly rose to third on Amazon’s list of bestselling books after the president on Monday encouraged his 66.5 million Twitter followers to order a copy.

“A great new book that I highly recommend for ALL to read,” Trump tweeted.

Trump Jr, known for his virulent attacks on traditional media including The New York Times and the Washington Post, accuses social networks of trying to sensor him and other conservatives.

“This ‘shadow banning’ amounts to a complete suppression of freedom of speech. It can’t be allowed to continue,” he writes in the book, taking aim at Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.

While Ivanka Trump was thought to be the most political of the president’s four adult children owing to her role as a White House advisor, Trump Jr hinted Tuesday that he may be tempted to run one day.

“I don’t rule anything out. Right now I like the campaigning part. I actually enjoy some of that fight,” he told CBS in an interview.

“I like getting out there and being with real people and seeing the difference that my father and his policies are making in their lives.

“I’m interested in winning 2020 for my father right now. We’ll worry about everything else later,” the 41-year-old added.

“Triggered” is published by Center Street, a known publisher of conservative books.

Trump Jr was to sign copies at a Barnes and Noble in Manhattan later on Tuesday.
https://www.rawstory.com/2019/11/trump- ... ng-father/

Triggered: How the Left Thrives on Hate and Wants to Silence US If anybody would now about hate and suppression it would be the Trumpers. Will this become the Mein Kampf of the Trump era, since daddy can't even write a complete sentence longer than 128 characters, much less a paragraph.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer-Kissinger
Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired.-Swift

K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Donnie Jr. releases provocative book defending Daddy.

#2 Post by K9s » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:43 pm

These grifters are all cashing in before the election. They will all get nifty well-paid jobs on Fox News and some will have right-wing radio shows of their own. They will have speaking tours and give speeches to likeminded fascists across the world. They will take bribes... errr... consulting fees from right-wing political groups funded by Russia and the Kochs. I hope someone keeps track of all these payments.

This poison isn't going away but at least the rest of America knows it is there now. It has been this way for a decade or more, but most of the country didn't even know it existed. Manafort, Giuliani, etc didn't just appear out of thin air in 2015.
The border between civilization and savagery is porous and patrolled by opportunists. Resist fascism. Vote like your democracy depends on it.

lurker
Verified Member
Verified Member

#3 Post by lurker » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:48 pm

oh sweet jesus. is this the locust swarm? the pale horse? (funny, i don't remember the orange horse) i may be an atheist, but i'm ready for the endtimes now, just get it over with.
:wacko:

K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member

#4 Post by K9s » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:53 pm

lurker wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:48 pm
oh sweet jesus. is this the locust swarm? the pale horse? (funny, i don't remember the orange horse) i may be an atheist, but i'm ready for the endtimes now, just get it over with.
No one said the end times would be pleasant.

They voted for the anti-Christ. They got him.
The border between civilization and savagery is porous and patrolled by opportunists. Resist fascism. Vote like your democracy depends on it.

TrueTexan
Verified Member
Verified Member

#5 Post by TrueTexan » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:23 pm

Now the RNC is pushing his book.
The Republican National Committee engaged in an effort to artificially inflate the reported “sales” of a new book President Donald Trump’s eldest son.

Donald J. Trump, Jr. is the author of the new book, Triggered: How the Left Thrives on Hate and Wants to Silence Us.

Zeke Miller, a White House reporter for the Associated Press, noted on Tuesday that the RNC is now pushing the book.
https://www.rawstory.com/2019/11/rnc-r ... -jrs-book/

Get a book with every 2020 MAGA hat. I don’t think we have any worries since most of the Thumpers can only read beer cans and Trump’s twitter.
The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer-Kissinger
Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired.-Swift

YankeeTarheel
Verified Member
Verified Member

#6 Post by YankeeTarheel » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:16 pm

TrueTexan wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:23 pm

Get a book with every 2020 MAGA hat.
Size XXXS. And a "Reed th' tran-strip!" tee shirt in XXXl! :roflmao:
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." -- Mark Twain
My son says: "Don't argue with an idiot. They'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!" -- YT

BKinzey
Verified Member
Verified Member

#7 Post by BKinzey » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:21 am

Does the book come with crayons or do you have to supply your own?

TrueTexan
Verified Member
Verified Member

#8 Post by TrueTexan » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:53 am

BKinzey wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:21 am
Does the book come with crayons or do you have to supply your own?
Colored Sharpies extra not included.

TrueTexan
Verified Member
Verified Member

#9 Post by TrueTexan » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:59 am

With Veterans Day coming Monday we should remember the real sacrifices they made for their country. Also we should remember what Donnie Jr. wrote in his book at election time and vote accordingly.
Donald Trump Jr. faced fierce criticism from veterans and others on Twitter for appearing to compare the sacrifices by U.S. troops killed in combat to the financial ones he claimed his family made when his father became president.

President Donald Trump’s eldest son drew scorn for how he described a visit to Arlington National Cemetery the day before his father’s inauguration in January 2017 in his new book “Triggered: How the Left Thrives on Hate and Wants to Silence Us.”

“I rarely get emotional, if ever. I guess you’d call me hyper-rational, stoic,” wrote Trump Jr. “Yet, as we drove past the rows of white grave markers, in the gravity of the moment, I had a deep sense of the importance of the presidency and a love of our country.”

In that moment, I also thought of all the attacks we’d already suffered as a family, and about all the sacrifices we’d have to make to help my father succeed — voluntarily giving up a huge chunk of our business and all international deals to avoid the appearance that we were ‘profiting off of the office.’

Frankly, it was a big sacrifice, costing us millions and millions of dollars annually. Of course, we didn’t get any credit whatsoever from the mainstream media, which now does not surprise me at all.

Robert Maguire, research director for the Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, used a Twitter thread to explain how, financially, the Trumps had “done no such thing.”
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-t ... fb7f64dc66

K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member

#10 Post by K9s » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:21 pm

I heard that story of his "sacrifice" and wondered if any Trump voter would ever hold that against him.

I guarantee you that when he runs for office it should be plastered everywhere he campaigns.

YankeeTarheel
Verified Member
Verified Member

#11 Post by YankeeTarheel » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:26 pm

"Supposing he's a loser?" Trump to first-disposable wife Ivana on naming him "Junior".

It was the ONE time Trump was prescient...and right.
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." -- Mark Twain
My son says: "Don't argue with an idiot. They'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!" -- YT

highdesert
Carpal Tunnel

#12 Post by highdesert » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:12 am

Donald Trump Jr. and Trump campaign senior adviser Kimberly Guilfoyle [ex wife of CA Gov Gavin Newsom] came prepared with snappy rejoinders for liberal protesters who might taunt them on Sunday at the University of California at Los Angeles, where they promoted Trump Jr.'s new book, “Triggered: How the Left Thrives on Hate and Wants to Silence Us.”

But when unruly heckling drowned out the couple’s answers, leading the pair to walk offstage, it wasn’t leftists who cut the event short. Instead, the rebukes came from a crowd of young people who rank among the most ardent and extreme supporters of President Trump. As first reported by the Guardian, a number of conservatives — some in telltale “Make America Great Again” caps and pro-Trump attire — began to shout at the president’s son and political adviser 20 minutes into an event moderated by Turning Point USA founder Charlie Kirk, after learning a question-and-answer session had been canceled.

Video from the event showed a chant that started out as “U-S-A! U-S-A!” turning quickly into angry cries of “Q-and-A! Q-and-A!” Minutes later, Trump Jr. and Guilfoyle stormed off the stage. The chaotic scene contradicted Trump Jr.'s central thesis that liberals have grown so intolerant of dissenting voices, conservative politicians can no longer engage in civil discourse. It also exposed an increasingly hostile fissure between conservative student groups like Turning Point USA and a hard-right faction of young Trump devotees who have flocked to self-professed “American Nationalist” Nicholas Fuentes and his “America First” movement.

Turning Point USA and a spokesman for Trump Jr. did not immediately return requests for comment early Monday morning. At the Sunday event, Trump Jr. appeared to think the first shouts of dissent had come from left-leaning counterprotesters. “Name a time when conservatives have disrupted even the furthest leftist on a college campus,” he said to the crowd. “It doesn’t happen that way. We’re willing to listen.” A member of the audience interrupted with a shout: “Then open the Q&A!”

“See what I mean?” Trump Jr. answered. “And that is the problem. And the reason oftentimes it doesn’t make sense to do the Q&A is not because we’re not willing to talk about the questions, cause we do. No. It’s because people hijack it with nonsense looking to go for some sort of sound bite. You have people spreading nonsense, spreading hate, trying to take over the room.” The roar of the crowd shouting “Q&A!” grew louder, threatening to completely overpower Trump Jr. and Guilfoyle inside Moore Hall on UCLA’s campus.

Guilfoyle lost her composure. She shouted back at the young men, insulting their appearances and manners. “No, it’s because you’re not making your parents proud by being rude and disruptive and discourteous,” she responded. “We are happy to answer a question. Respect the people around you so that they can hear.” When the crowd continued to demand a chance to ask questions, Guilfoyle snapped, “Let me tell you something, I bet you engage and go on online dating because you’re impressing no one here to get a date in person.”

That response only inflamed the protesters, whose loud chants soon led the pair to leave the stage. Fuentes, 21, appeared to take credit for the protests on Sunday evening, tweeting that he and his followers don’t disagree with Trump Jr. Instead, he said their complaint was with Turning Point USA. On Sunday, he shared dozens of tweets celebrating the event’s shutdown and denigrating Turning Point USA.
The host of an ultraconservative podcast and YouTube show called “America First,” Fuentes has appeared on YouTube with bloggers who advocate for a white ethnostate. He has used slurs and promoted anti-Semitism in his broadcasts, which has put him at odds with Daily Wire editor Ben Shapiro. Fuentes marched in Charlottesville with white supremacists during the deadly Unite the Right rally in 2017, the Boston Globe reported.

For weeks, Fuentes has been railing against Turning Point USA, which once invited him to speak at Iowa State University, and the more mainstream wing of the pro-Trump movement. On Nov. 4, he directed his fans to show up to Turning Point USA events and heckle speakers during question-and-answer segments. The 21-year-old’s fans have been harassing Kirk at several recent Turning Point USA events on college campuses. “They’re literally campaigning for Trump and they have to discriminate against his voters,” Fuentes said in a YouTube video last week. “We’re going to make it known that that’s exactly what it is: a controlled conversation. People do not go to a ‘free speech’ thing and get dragged to the back of the line, kicked out, because they don’t fit the profile of what a questioner is supposed to look like.”

Two men at Sunday’s event, identified as Joe and Orion Miles, told the Guardian they believe the pro-Trump movement has been spoiled by “fake conservatism” and that deep state operatives harm the president’s agenda. They claimed victory on Sunday for shutting down the event. “It was an absolute disaster for them,” the pair told the newspaper. “We wanted to ask questions about immigration and about Christianity, but they didn’t want to face those questions.”

Meanwhile, the liberal protesters Trump Jr. might have expected to interrupt his book talk showed up in smaller numbers. About three dozen anti-Trump demonstrators played the drums and held “Trump/Pence Out Now” signs outside. One Trump critic occasionally shouted and booed from the audience inside Moore Hall, leading Kirk, Trump Jr. and Guilfoyle to call her “triggered.” Less than a half-hour later, she was drowned out by the far-right agitators.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... rotesters/

:lol:
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

lurker
Verified Member
Verified Member

#13 Post by lurker » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:13 am

:hmmm: interesting tactic. protest against TheRump wearing their regailia.

K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member

#14 Post by K9s » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:24 am

lurker wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:13 am
Those were actually pro-Trump MAGA white nationalists, not decoys. The Trumps want to control the MAGA with Turning Point USA and their own paid attack dogs, but they have unleashed something they cannot control. Turning Point was trying to muzzle the white nationalist MAGA crowd, and they weren't having it.

lurker
Verified Member
Verified Member

#15 Post by lurker » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:31 am

K9s wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:24 am
lurker wrote:
Those were actually pro-Trump MAGA white nationalists, not decoys. The Trumps want to control the MAGA with Turning Point USA and their own paid attack dogs, but they have unleashed something they cannot control. Turning Point was trying to muzzle the white nationalist MAGA crowd, and they weren't having it.
yes, i understand that, but there might be a useful tactic here. me, i'd have to shower afterwards with lysol and brillo pads, but some people are thicker-skinned.

K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member

#16 Post by K9s » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:48 am

I see what you mean now.

Personally, I have a camo Browning cap for "red state camo" and I usually wear boots. I've never seen a MAGA hat in person here in the South, but it probably would be good camo for a Trump rally.

lurker
Verified Member
Verified Member

#17 Post by lurker » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:50 am

i see MAGAts a couple of times a day here. sometimes it's hats and t-shirts, sometimes banners on their property, especially out in the sticks. i'm planning to get an "86-45" hat or a "DUMP TheRUMP" t-shirt at some point so i can respond in passive-aggressive kind. because that's what it is, passive-aggressive. someone wants to get confrontational, it's on them to start it.
Last edited by lurker on Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

highdesert
Carpal Tunnel

#18 Post by highdesert » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:57 am

K9s wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:24 am
lurker wrote:
:hmmm: interesting tactic. protest against TheRump wearing their regalia.
As big tent and "inclusive" as both parties like to think they are, they can't control everyone on their end of the political spectrum. The Democratic Party doesn't speak for everyone on the left. Thought it was funny that Donnie, Jr like Daddy is comfortable when he controls the script but he and his current squeeze Guilgoyle can't handle any opposition. Guilyfoyle used to preach to the choir on Fox.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

max129
Verified Member
Verified Member

#19 Post by max129 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:21 pm

Here is the original Guardian article

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... supporters

max129
Verified Member
Verified Member

#20 Post by max129 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:03 am

I am seeing this news everywhere. What a strange outcome for a book tour.