GECO .45 acp review

It's from Germany.

https://geco-munition.de/en/ammunition/ ... #!31/33/28

When we look at center fire rifle ammo, or when we look at revolver ammo, or even if we look at other common semi auto ammo choices, we see all kinds of bullet weight offerings, all kinds of velocities. Not so with .45 acp. It's pretty much always 230 grains at like 850 fps. So it is with this ammo.

I shot ten rounds, barrel off a bag at 15 yards, for group size. I compared it to American Eagle .45 acp, doing the same thing. I got very comparable group sizes. If I throw out two flyers in each set, I get three inch groups. This is just ten rounds each, so a box of each done that way would expose the most accurate between the two.

It is clean. It provided more sparks (burning powder I suppose) than did the American Eagle. Neither gave me any residue I could easily see. Very inexpensive: about seventeen bucks a box of fifty at my LGS.

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-gea ... /p/1531713

Might do it again. If you see it, shoot it and let us know.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Re: GECO .45 acp review

What was the test gun? 1911? Lever Action?

I haven't seen a big difference between GECO and Blazer Brass. They are all about the same price (AE is a little higher). It bugs me that 45 ammo costs significantly more than AK Golden Tiger ammo. I love to shoot 45 but the cost is getting prohibitive.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Marlene wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:39 pmGecko45?
Maybe if you hold it sideways?
K9s wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:47 pm What was the test gun? 1911? Lever Action?
Yeah, it was lame of me not to say it was my Springfield 1911 stainless mil-spec.

P1010179.JPG

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

I had never heard of that. Great to know that SOMEONE with dignity and honesty is representing the gun community.

It took a while to read that whole thing. I think I am ready to guard a mall now!

Last edited by K9s on Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

K9s wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:47 pm What was the test gun? 1911? Lever Action?

I haven't seen a big difference between GECO and Blazer Brass. They are all about the same price (AE is a little higher). It bugs me that 45 ammo costs significantly more than AK Golden Tiger ammo. I love to shoot 45 but the cost is getting prohibitive.
That’s when you start reloading.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,