Re: Joe Biden 2020

sikacz wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:42 pm
sig230 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:35 pm
featureless wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:32 pm
HuckleberryFun wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:31 pm Serious accusations like Tara Reade?
Yeah, no. :lol:
highdesert wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:10 pm Everyone on the left was traumatized by Trump's win in 2016 and this brings home memories of Comey and HRC e-mails.

[snippage]

If the story has legs, I expect it to on walk on it's own after the election. It's not time sensitive.
Yup. But it would fucking suck if Biden's impeachment begins after inauguration. Sweetpotato Hitler will have a couple of months to whip such up.

Like I say, I don't know one way or another, but grow tired of the full time polar opposite blitz from various media groups.
If Biden wins I am near positive that there will be an immediate attempt at impeachment.
There is no logic to this. The house will continue to be democrat controlled after the election and most likely into the next session. Why would the democrats try to impeach a future democrat president. Let's stay within the constitutional possibility/reality.
The Democrats can prevent articles of impeachment but that is pretty much irrelevant. The Republicans can call for impeachment and campaign for impeachment and point to the Democrats as proof that they are shielding Biden and it will sell.

The goal is to disrupt government and to make sure government succeeds only as a tool to move funds from public to private pockets.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

The Democrats can prevent articles of impeachment but that is pretty much irrelevant. The Republicans can call for impeachment and campaign for impeachment and point to the Democrats as proof that they are shielding Biden and it will sell.

The goal is to disrupt government and to make sure government succeeds only as a tool to move funds from public to private pockets.
^^THIS^^
They are positioning themselves to undermine the next Administration after they lose the election. Trumping up charges (pun intended) to bring against Biden for “investigation” factors into their strategy. Sowing doubt, even in the face of credible sources saying there is nothing to it (does no one trust Politifact & Co anymore?) is it’s own reward.

HuckleberryFun wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:25 pm

^^THIS^^
They are positioning themselves to undermine the next Administration after they lose the election. Trumping up charges (pun intended) to bring against Biden for “investigation” factors into their strategy. Sowing doubt, even in the face of credible sources saying there is nothing to it (does no one trust Politifact & Co anymore?) is it’s own reward.
The Reptilians will do everything they can to disrupt everything the Dems try to do and they will even use the courts as a tool to do this.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Still is just hot air sig. The controlling party decides what happens even in the house. An impeachment process for biden is just noise. If the democrats lead correctly and attack issues relevant to the people there will be no impeachment proceedings possible. The governing party holds committee as far as I know. Unless you think the dems will have hearings on biden just to build unity your argument still makes no sense. This argument is just an attempt to create fear and unease. It’s pandering to the lowest instincts of partisanship.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

I failed today. I admit it.

I tried phone-banking for Indivisible this afternoon. After 3 hangups and a Trumpian thrall I had something I haven't had in years: An anxiety attack.

Last one I had was not long after the election, my son and I went to a local range for the first time. I had never been and the place was chock-full of redhats. My son, then, home for the holidays from his senior year, had to calm ME down and it's usually the other way 'round.

I don't think I could do cold-calling even if I was paid, and paid well to do it. But I had to give a try, to try and help. I'd probably be the crappiest salesman on the face of the planet.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

CDFingers wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:34 pm
YankeeTarheel wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:29 pm My son, then, home for the holidays from his senior year, had to calm ME down and it's usually the other way 'round
One of the reasons I do archery. Hang in there.

CDFingers
Oh, since then I've been to ranges numerous times and after that first time, I just stopped caring. Besides, I seem to get a lot of "gun envy". Even the RSOs are intrigued.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

YankeeTarheel wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:29 pm I failed today. I admit it.

I tried phone-banking for Indivisible this afternoon. After 3 hangups and a Trumpian thrall I had something I haven't had in years: An anxiety attack.

Last one I had was not long after the election, my son and I went to a local range for the first time. I had never been and the place was chock-full of redhats. My son, then, home for the holidays from his senior year, had to calm ME down and it's usually the other way 'round.

I don't think I could do cold-calling even if I was paid, and paid well to do it. But I had to give a try, to try and help. I'd probably be the crappiest salesman on the face of the planet.
Thank you for your service. (Pins a virtual Civic Virtue Medal, with Oak Leaf Cluster on your chest)
Volunteers like you make all the difference.

HuckleberryFun wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:42 pm

Thank you for your service. (Pins a virtual Civic Virtue Medal, with Oak Leaf Cluster on your chest)
Volunteers like you make all the difference.
I don't think I did a fucking bit of good, Huck.. :no: :blush: :confused: But at least I tried. Time for beer.

featureless wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:52 pm
No, you certainly did not fail, my friend. Anxiety is a mother fucker. Panic attacks feel like you're going to die. Existential dread society unite! :love:
Thank you. We have given "till it hurt" to the Biden campaign and to various Senate campaigns, as well as my local US Rep. Her opponent is full-blown Trumpian piece of shit, with lying, dishonest attack ads, claiming our Rep, a decorated war vet, is "unpatriotic".

Nathaniel Rakich at 538 - where the leaders were 3 days before the presidential election.

2020: Biden+8.6 - ?
2016: Clinton+3.9 - lost
2012: Obama+0.3 - won
2008: Obama+6.7 - won
2004: Bush+2.3 - won
2000: Bush+3.6 - won
1996: Clinton+13.8 - won
1992: Clinton+7.6 - won
1988: Bush+10.1 - won
1984: Reagan+17.7 - won
1980: Reagan+2.2 - won
1976: Carter+0.03 - won
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Polling data must have shown the Biden camp the candidate needed to reassure his supporters of his commitment to firearm prohibition two days before the election.

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/132 ... 36225?s=20
Joe Biden
@JoeBiden
It’s long past time we take action to end the scourge of gun violence in America.

As president, I’ll ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, implement universal background checks, and enact other common-sense reforms to end our gun violence epidemic.

HuckleberryFun wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:00 pm Abusive bad boy biker or the nice safe guy with the sidecar? America finally decides which boyfriend is “better.“
727B205A-781F-411A-93FE-E3C4E5A0586F.jpeg
LOL. Remember in 2016 when women would definitely vote for a woman. Remember when no woman would vote for a man that said "Grab em by the...." I would not gamble on that picture.
EAT,SLEEP,RANGE,REPEAT

GeorgiaRN wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:12 pm
HuckleberryFun wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:00 pm Abusive bad boy biker or the nice safe guy with the sidecar? America finally decides which boyfriend is “better.“
727B205A-781F-411A-93FE-E3C4E5A0586F.jpeg
LOL. Remember in 2016 when women would definitely vote for a woman. Remember when no woman would vote for a man that said "Grab em by the...." I would not gamble on that picture.
A disturbingly large number of people out there seem to like being in an abusive relationship.

Biden team launches transition website
While the Biden campaign has been careful not to officially declare victory, it is projecting confidence and moving ahead with transition plans, launching buildbackbetter.com -- the official Biden transition website.

"The American people will determine who will serve as the next President of the United States," the site says. "Votes are still being counted in several states around the country. The crises facing the country are severe -- from a pandemic to an economic recession, climate change to racial injustice -- and the transition team will continue preparing at full speed so that the Biden‑Harris Administration can hit the ground running on Day One."

The statement is all that currently exists on the website but illustrates how the campaign has been quietly working on transition plans behind the scenes, even as the race remains undecided.
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/live-up ... d=73960714
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Wino wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:28 pm https://www.huffpost.com/entry/biden-ma ... ccounter=1

Will be nice to have "paws" in the White House, again. Turd couldn't stand the competition.
I was thinking the same thing. This is the first POTUS in a century who didn't have a dog. That should have been the first clue to every Trump voter that he was not qualified to be POTUS. :D
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt