Mn primary

Just got back from the polling place. My wife and I are baby sitting 2 grand kids so they had a civics lesson today.

My state has an abysmal turn out traditionally for primaries. Really stupid and this was a very full ballot for both parties but the most are for DFL candidates. The gop is going all out because they feel if they can turn Mn red it will be a major coup.

If any Minnesotans read this thread and haven't already voted please go vote. Cheeseheads over the border do the same.

Re: Mn primary

At my polling place (city of ~20k with 5 precincts total) there were just over 300 votes cast when I voted late this afternoon. I usually vote in the morning so I'm not sure what the typical afternoon volume is like, definitely wasn't anywhere near as busy as a morning on a general election day.

I know there is not a lot of Mn members on this board so I didn't expect a lot of responses to this thread. To those that voted well we did our bit. Tomorrow I have the Carlton county meeting for the DFL,

I'll find out then how it turned out. On thursday the wife and I will be working the DFL booth for the county fair. I hope there is enough interest so we get to talk to a lot of people.

Very cool! I hope high voter turnout is a trend and that it notches up in November.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt