Re: tv ad

Fuck this and fuck that are for regular folk like me on forums, not potential leaders. What a faker.

If he had a message about money in politics, and a mature one, I'd be with him. The NRA isn't special. He only contributes to the problem.

I kind of understand his frustration with the NRA. It's not the organization now that it was when it was founded. It still promotes gun safety education and the like, but it is has taken on the 'persona' of a politics only organization. It attracts mostly, it seems, the far right, no compromise extremists. I was a member for the sake of access to local gun clubs that required one to be a member, ostensibly for the insurance. My membership renewal coincided with their impending endorsement of a presidential candidate. I waited, they stated, I quit.
I'm not for banning any type of semi-auto rifle, but, It does seem that we need to restrict access to mature, well adjusted adults. How do we do that? Hell, I have no idea. The Las Vegas shooter was no kid, that's for sure. But most seem to be young immature males barely out of their teens, if that. That is a place to start. I may piss off some here by saying so, but perhaps an age limit based on firearm types.
Background checks? Hell yes!! The NRA might have a lot of members out west, where there is no requirement except proof of state residency to buy a gun. They might not pass one. Is that what concerns them most, a drop in paying dues members? (Just a fumbling thought) Here in Michigan, a cursory background check at the state and local levels to purchase handguns has been the norm for as long as I can remember. I have never felt it was an intrusion or privacy violation. Just common sense.
Bud.

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure"---- Dan Quayle, 1990.

Running for Congress in New Mexico.
UNION ENDORSED | Weekly Alibi ENDORSED | Moms Demand Action’s “GUN SENSE” Candidate | Endorsed DEMAND UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE |Endorsed PRIDE FUND TO END GUN VIOLENCE | NM’s 1st LGBTQ Member of Congress
“As a former police officer and community organizer, voters know Pat is someone looking out for them. That, and his real-world legislating experience is needed in Washington now more than ever. “
Poorly crafted message; condemn violence, support lawful gun owners and criticize the NRA for not focusing enough on gun safety.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Yeah, I'm not impressed with this ad. He's not just attacking the NRA; what he's attacking are "pro gun policies" as he says right in the video. You don't get my support, buddy.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Wonderful... employ the conservative playbook and use anger as a hook for libs.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi