TV and movie guns

1
Here are of my favorite handguns from TV and movies. I'm watching Supernatural right now. Here's Sam Winchester's Taurus 92:
sam winchester.jpg
sam winchester.jpg (20.29 KiB) Viewed 3008 times
And Dean Winchester's 1911:
dean winchester.jpg
And here's Christian Bale's (forgot the character'sname) modified Berettas from Equalibrium:
Equalibrium Beretta.jpg
Yet she persisted.

Re: TV and movie guns

5
AZAndy wrote:Battlestar Galactica was chock-full of interesting stuff-- a COP derringer, Vektors, old-school .32 Skorpions.
And the rifles were all Beretta Cx4 Storms.
""If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you." -- LBJ

Re: TV and movie guns

6
I want one of those double action single action revolvers that never run out of bullets like in Roy Rogers.

CDFingers
Image
Image
.
The Wheel is turnin and you can't slow down; you can't let go and you can't hold on.
You can't go back and you can't stand still--if the thunder don't get you then the lightnin' will.

Re: TV and movie guns

10
Image


ATeam and their Ruger Mini carbines.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer-Kissinger
Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired.-Swift

Re: TV and movie guns

12
Hey, blondie! There are two kinds of spurs, ones that come in through the door and ones that come in through the window! Hahahaha!!

I read somewhere that Sergio Leone used cartridge conversion models because he could not find a safety-approved way to shoot blanks from a cap-and-ball revolver.
Last edited by Deep13 on Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yet she persisted.

Re: TV and movie guns

14
Deep13 wrote: he could not find a safety-approved way to shoot blanks from a cap-and-modelball revolver.
reenactors do it routinely. officers, artillerists and cavalry carry handguns, occasionally as many as 4 at a time. use lots of crisco. wonder wads are usually banned, though i've seen them fly past. time to give 'em the bayonet. (kidding. fixing bayonets on the field is a banning offense.)
never submit! (click "submit" button now.)

Re: TV and movie guns

15
lurker wrote:
Deep13 wrote: he could not find a safety-approved way to shoot blanks from a cap-and-modelball revolver.
reenactors do it routinely. officers, artillerists and cavalry carry handguns, occasionally as many as 4 at a time. use lots of crisco. wonder wads are usually banned, though i've seen them fly past. time to give 'em the bayonet. (kidding. fixing bayonets on the field is a banning offense.)
Now, Just how can you have a true re-enactment without fixed bayonet?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer-Kissinger
Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired.-Swift

Re: TV and movie guns

16
it's a safety thing, reenacting would be a lot less fun if people actually died. the sacrifices we make for our art do not include real live death. heatstroke, ticks, freezing temps, burns, food poisoning, you name it. death we try to avoid.
never submit! (click "submit" button now.)

Re: TV and movie guns

20
I had a toy one of these when I was a kid. Still, the first hand gun I bought was a single action revolver. Maybe I dug the Lone Ranger more than Man from UNCLE.

Image


CDFingers
Image
Image
.
The Wheel is turnin and you can't slow down; you can't let go and you can't hold on.
You can't go back and you can't stand still--if the thunder don't get you then the lightnin' will.

Re: TV and movie guns

21
CDFingers wrote:I had a toy one of these when I was a kid. Still, the first hand gun I bought was a single action revolver. Maybe I dug the Lone Ranger more than Man from UNCLE.

Image


CDFingers
If anything would put you off semi-automatics, it would be that abomination...
Image


"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

Re: TV and movie guns

22
senorgrand wrote:
CDFingers wrote:I had a toy one of these when I was a kid. Still, the first hand gun I bought was a single action revolver. Maybe I dug the Lone Ranger more than Man from UNCLE.

Image


CDFingers
If anything would put you off semi-automatics, it would be that abomination...
I'm a revolver man, true.

CDFingers
Image
Image
.
The Wheel is turnin and you can't slow down; you can't let go and you can't hold on.
You can't go back and you can't stand still--if the thunder don't get you then the lightnin' will.

Re: TV and movie guns

23
+1 Tom Mason's AKM.

I always thought when watching, "Falling Skies," how the producers kept the Leader of the rebellion with that iconic rifle as a conscious design element. More underdog "freedom fighter" throughout history has used the AK and the symbolism was strong for their leader, even as other fighters in the series used and traded one form of AR or another.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron