Hello from Pittsburgh!

Hey All - New forum member and LGC member here. Veteran (out in 2013) and didn't like the rhetoric pushed by NRA.

Grew up in rural PA with a gun in my hand and then I learned there is a whole beautiful world out there...then I landed in Pittsburgh.

So here I am trying to go to the range with some like minded folks!

What do I shoot?
-Px4 Storm Compact - 9mm
-AR15 that I custom built ;)
-Working on an AR10...eventually
audentes Fortuna iuvat

Re: Hello from Pittsburgh!

Pred106 wrote:Thank you!

Its not a bad place to live, for sure. Honestly, I saw a reddit post on r/firearms referencing this group and I thought I would step in and say hello!
Glad you did. Kick off your shoes and stay a spell. :) Reddit post, huh? I've not idea what that means, but I'm curious what they're saying about us there. (I'm almost entirely inept when it comes to internet groups and social media. I am from a generation that learned to type on a mechanical typewriter. ;)
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

Bacchus wrote:
Glad you did. Kick off your shoes and stay a spell. :) Reddit post, huh? I've not idea what that means, but I'm curious what they're saying about us there. (I'm almost entirely inept when it comes to internet groups and social media. I am from a generation that learned to type on a mechanical typewriter. ;)
No worries! My usual hangout is at reddit.com/r/liberalgunowners/ which typically has the same viewpoint as this forum.
audentes Fortuna iuvat

Hello from Utah!
Pred106 wrote:No worries! My usual hangout is at reddit.com/r/liberalgunowners/ which typically has the same viewpoint as this forum.
I can't say I've seen that to be true, it seems like the scummy elements of the conservative crowd seep in in small amounts over there and taint a lot of the discussions. I've seen a fair bit of veiled racism there, but haven't here. That's one of the main reasons I post here and not there.

Pred106 wrote:Hey All - New forum member and LGC member here. Veteran (out in 2013) and didn't like the rhetoric pushed by NRA.

Grew up in rural PA with a gun in my hand and then I learned there is a whole beautiful world out there...then I landed in Pittsburgh.

What do I shoot?
-Px4 Storm Compact - 9mm
Welcome from FL! Ive got a bcg and ch for your 10 build. They are on the trading post thread.
Listen to the LGC podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the ... 80021?mt=2

"None of us is as smart as all of us." - K. Blanchard

321FLSurfer wrote:
Pred106 wrote:Hey All - New forum member and LGC member here. Veteran (out in 2013) and didn't like the rhetoric pushed by NRA.

What do I shoot?
-Px4 Storm Compact - 9mm
Welcome from FL! Ive got a bcg and ch for your 10 build. They are on the trading post thread.
\

Oh thank you! I will have to take a look. I was considering just purchasing a full built rifle since ive been reading that AR10s are pretty finicky and not all parts fit together.
audentes Fortuna iuvat

Pred106 wrote:
321FLSurfer wrote:

What do I shoot?
-Px4 Storm Compact - 9mm
\

Oh thank you! I will have to take a look. I was considering just purchasing a full built rifle since ive been reading that AR10s are pretty finicky and not all parts fit together.
Mine work pretty well. The first two on the left were sight-in, that almost-but-not-quit subMOA group in the center was 100yds with a front rest, butt on the shoulder. If you do a build make sure your upper and lower are from the same mfg, make sure your gas tube is the right length, and consider an adjustable gas block (although mine aren't, I have read this can solve a lot of AR10 feeding problems).

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201707 ... 9e28bb.jpg[/img]
Listen to the LGC podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the ... 80021?mt=2

"None of us is as smart as all of us." - K. Blanchard

Howdy, neighbor. Squirrel Hill here. Where in the city did you wind up?

Another new member checking in from Greater Pittsburgh (aka Forest Hills). Mostly grew up in rural Louisiana (near Ft. Polk), my dad taught "quick kill" at Ft. Benning and I still have some of his training balls for air rifles.

Anyone up for a local meeting? I'm happy to help organize and have a few places we can meet (without firearms, state law wins) and am a member of the PMSC so we might be able to meet there.

jet wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:13 pm Another new member checking in from Greater Pittsburgh (aka Forest Hills). Mostly grew up in rural Louisiana (near Ft. Polk), my dad taught "quick kill" at Ft. Benning and I still have some of his training balls for air rifles.

Anyone up for a local meeting? I'm happy to help organize and have a few places we can meet (without firearms, state law wins) and am a member of the PMSC so we might be able to meet there.
:welcome:
i'm retired. what's your excuse?