Re: "Assault weapons" ban is one thing, but full auto??

senorgrand wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:11 pm I think scotus gave the dems something they could run on, which shows how out of touch they are. I support a law to ban bumpstocks, as long as it's not just one part of a christmas tree of prohibitionist bullshit. put it in the senate as a stand alone bill and have the vote before the election.

but I also agree that executive is getting much too powerful
It’s really no different than SCOTUS said in Roe, Congress do your job.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

senorgrand wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:11 pm I think scotus gave the dems something they could run on, which shows how out of touch they are. I support a law to ban bumpstocks, as long as it's not just one part of a christmas tree of prohibitionist bullshit. put it in the senate as a stand alone bill and have the vote before the election.

but I also agree that executive is getting much too powerful
From what little I've read on the proposed bill, shit like reduced trigger springs could qualify you for a felony under the proposed law of "increased rate of fire." Ambiguity is fucked in these laws when they carry a potential interpretive felony and loss of rights with them.

featureless wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:31 pm Honestly, I never bothered to read it as I really don't care about bump stocks. I really do care about the government's making people felons with the stroke of a pen.
...which is exactly what the Democrats have done in Illinois (and in 10 other States) and it is why there will be no more votes from me for Democrats. Where I am, no other Party or group has done more to circumvent the Constitution and turn law abiding citizens like mice elf into felons/potential felons with the stroke of a pen.

VooDoo
Tyrants disarm the people they intend to oppress. Hope is not a Plan.

Dot 'em if ya got 'em!

VodoundaVinci wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:39 pm
featureless wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:31 pm Honestly, I never bothered to read it as I really don't care about bump stocks. I really do care about the government's making people felons with the stroke of a pen.
...which is exactly what the Democrats have done in Illinois (and in 10 other States) and it is why there will be no more votes from me for Democrats. Where I am, no other Party or group has done more to circumvent the Constitution and turn law abiding citizens like mice elf into felons/potential felons with the stroke of a pen.

VooDoo
Same in California.

featureless wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:45 pm
VodoundaVinci wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:39 pm

VooDoo
Same in California.
I have no desire to give them approval to do it on a federal level. If I voted for them they would most certainly take it as approval of these policies and others they have been running on. I really don’t get how anyone doesn’t see voting as support for a platform or agenda. Especially when biden and dems are being very clear on what they want.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

It is largely white privilege that allows people to “sit this one out” and allow a fascist into office. Only the MAGAts are militaristic about voting for TOS in this election. Minorities are the ones obviously negatively impacted by his presidency in the social sense. But all society will be injured by this man in that office.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

It’s getting a bit pointless to start throwing out privilege statements. I can say the same that people willing to accept the dems and biden’s current agenda are privileged and don’t care if minorities and threatened groups can defend themselves. If fascist are in power, I prefer to be able to be armed without some privileged ass like biden telling me what I can or cannot have. People here who have a problem with how some of us are going to vote should have had more concern for the policies and candidates a bit earlier. I’m not going to rubber stamp their platform and I know a few others here won’t either. If the fascist become more than a hypothetical threat, I’ll at least be armed.

featureless wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 5:33 pm Agree, Sika. Biden has too many strikes against him without any consideration of his goal of fucking the 2A. 350 million people and these two turds are our options? No thanks. Imma sit this one out or write in.
Yes. The dems messed up, biden should have been a one term president like some here said he would be in 2019.

sikacz wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:19 pm
featureless wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 5:33 pm Agree, Sika. Biden has too many strikes against him without any consideration of his goal of fucking the 2A. 350 million people and these two turds are our options? No thanks. Imma sit this one out or write in.
Yes. The dems messed up, biden should have been a one term president like some here said he would be in 2019.
Shit. Biden said he would be.

featureless wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:07 pm
I thought so, but didn’t want to say since I didn’t remember exactly, only vaguely that he said so. So he’s also a liar and breaks promises.

Bisbee wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 5:59 pm It is largely white privilege that allows people to “sit this one out” and allow a fascist into office. Only the MAGAts are militaristic about voting for TOS in this election. Minorities are the ones obviously negatively impacted by his presidency in the social sense. But all society will be injured by this man in that office.
White privilege? Tell me, Bisbee, what has Biden done for blacks? He rode the BLM wave and then, poof. I'n fact, the black community is perplexed by Biden's abandonment of them in favor of LGBTQ (not that LGBTQ don't need protections). He's busy implementing Trump's policies on the lighter brown folk from south of the boarder. How about Asians? And gun control is nothing if not systemic racism, a policy his administration is fully behind.

I get that Trump is fucking horrid. And his ability to destroy decorum has created a dumpster fire of public discourse. But Biden's primary qualification is that he's not Trump.

Had Biden stepped aside for someone younger, we wouldn't be in this fucking mess. Almost any other candidate would have beaten Trump according to early primary polls. And I'd have voted for almost anyone aside from these two.

Besides, you can rest assured Biden will get CAs electoral votes without my help.

sikacz wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:20 pm
I thought so, but didn’t want to say since I didn’t remember exactly, only vaguely that he said so. So he’s also a liar and breaks promises.
I'll retract this statement, sorta true and sorta false. A quick search says some of his team said that, Biden was noncommittal. So I was wrong. But the media ran with it anyway.

featureless wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:29 pm
sikacz wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:20 pm
I'll retract this statement, sorta true and sorta false. A quick search says some of his team said that, Biden was noncommittal. So I was wrong. But the media ran with it anyway.
I’ll go back to my first then. Any way I look at it, biden should have not run again. It was by some an expectation he wouldn’t. I’m really amazed that we think there are so few people that can lead us.

featureless wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:26 pm
Had Biden stepped aside for someone younger, we wouldn't be in this fucking mess. Almost any other candidate would have beaten Trump according to early primary polls. And I'd have voted for almost anyone aside from these two.

Besides, you can rest assured Biden will get CAs electoral votes without my help.
Historically, had Biden stepped aside, Trump would almost automatically win. Study history. The last time a Democrat stepped aside (or was pushed) after a complete term and another Democrat won was in 1856, before the Civil War. Study history so we don't repeat it.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Speaking of history, do we remember what happened in 2016 when the Democrats played flippy dick with the favored candidate and forced a candidate (Hillary Clinton) instead of nominating the only candidate that consistently beat Trump in the polls? That's more relevant history, IMO. It's not like a 2020 rematch - it's like 2016 all over again. The Dems are playing with fire.

VooDoo
Tyrants disarm the people they intend to oppress. Hope is not a Plan.

Dot 'em if ya got 'em!

VodoundaVinci wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 1:36 pm Speaking of history, do we remember what happened in 2016 when the Democrats played flippy dick with the favored candidate and forced a candidate (Hillary Clinton) instead of nominating the only candidate that consistently beat Trump in the polls? That's more relevant history, IMO. It's not like a 2020 rematch - it's like 2016 all over again. The Dems are playing with fire.

VooDoo
Yeah, but dem true believers don’t understand that point.

I agree, it feels like 2016 again. And many folks who supported Bernie felt disgusted by the bait & switch and voted for the Greens. And that evening, when the counts started coming in from the EC, we all felt our stomach drop at the announcement of #45 going to a race-baiting bigot. It was poetically fitting that his tenure in office ended with the sacking of the Capitol, representing the highest institution of our democracy.

Don’t let complacency happen again. This is a cultural war with real legal and social consequences. Our own feelings of disappointment should not allow 45 (now a felon facing multiple more counts) to slide into another term of office.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

A bump stock is stupid, it's mechanically impossible to be accurate with one, and they're not as easy to use as people seem to think. Personally, I find "binary" triggers that fire on the "pull" AND fire AGAIN on the release to be a lot more problematic. But hey, if you really want to waste a lot of ammo, I guess it's your money...
"In every generation there are those who want to rule well - but they mean to rule. They promise to be good masters - but they mean to be masters." — Daniel Webster

sikacz wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:50 pm Well you got four months to get another candidate other than biden and retool the democratic platform. Side note some countries have full elections in less.
Just keep ignoring the inconvenient fact that every time the Dems have done that since the Civil War, they lost the Presidential Election.

"The definition of insanity is -- doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."--Albert Einstein.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

YankeeTarheel wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 5:00 pm
sikacz wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:50 pm Well you got four months to get another candidate other than biden and retool the democratic platform. Side note some countries have full elections in less.
Just keep ignoring the inconvenient fact that every time the Dems have done that since the Civil War, they lost the Presidential Election.

"The definition of insanity is -- doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."--Albert Einstein.
Then you get the trump you deserve. Many of us have said what we want and need. I get biden emails asking support all the time, yet he has no interest in the issues I want or don’t want. It is definitely insanity to keep voting for the lesser bad choice, every time the choices have become worse. Do yourself a favor, don’t quote my posts. You won’t change my opinion and I’m not likely to change yours.