'Awful time to go broke': 'Electoral blowouts' facing GOP as states being bled dry of cash

1
Donald Trump's legal problems are starving state Republican parties of much-needed campaign cash.

A growing number of state GOP operations are nearly broke — or are already bust — and the former president's takeover of the Republican National Committee requires the party to run its donations through his Save America PAC, which spent more than $50 million on Trump's legal fees last year, wrote Democratic strategist Max Burns for MSNBC.

"Republican Party chairs know from Democrats’ past examples that starved state operations lead to electoral blowouts at the ballot box," Burns wrote. "But the Republican National Committee isn’t coming to the rescue with a fire hose of cash, and that gives Democrats a clear roadmap for capitalizing on the GOP’s historic weakness this November."
https://www.rawstory.com/republican-party-fundraising/

TOS is well known for sucking the money well dry in his own ventures, Trump University, Trump Casinos, Trump Wine, etc etc. Almost everything he touches goes broke. Even his prize golf courses run red. He's the Con Artist juggling scams and schemes, till it all collapses.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: 'Awful time to go broke': 'Electoral blowouts' facing GOP as states being bled dry of cash

6
TrueTexan wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 3:46 pm TOS is well known for sucking the money well dry in his own ventures, Trump University, Trump Casinos, Trump Wine, etc etc. Almost everything he touches goes broke. Even his prize golf courses run red. He's the Con Artist juggling scams and schemes, till it all collapses.
I have wondered for decades how his sycophants thing this guy is the consummate "Business Man" and entrepreneur when in c=fact he's a lying con man and everything he touches loses other peoples money.

Get a clue, Ever Trumpers......the guy has been a loser for decades.

VooDoo
Tyrants disarm the people they intend to oppress. Hope is not a Plan.

I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Re: 'Awful time to go broke': 'Electoral blowouts' facing GOP as states being bled dry of cash

7
The MAGA crowd will walk barefoot over broken glass to vote for Trump. There is literally nothing he could say or do that would stop them. He doesn’t need to spend money and he doesn’t need to debate.

As stated, Trump has bled the RNC dry. He’s refashioned the party into his personal cash cow. If he loses, the RNC will be left penniless and in a shambles. They’ll devolve into a farce of finger pointing and infighting. Trump’s trials will all go forward and the traitor will finally get what he deserves.

If he wins, the trials will all disappear, the RNC gets a lifeline, and the anti democracy activists take over the government. They’ll operate as if they have a mandate from the people to dismantle our democratic institutions and they’ll be a lot more successful than they were last time around.

Unfortunately, he’s pretty obviously going to win.
Whatever I said above, just pretend I included the obligatory “both sides,” especially if I said something mean about Trump (don’t want to hurt any feelings).

www.schayden.com

Re: 'Awful time to go broke': 'Electoral blowouts' facing GOP as states being bled dry of cash

9
Greengunner wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 7:59 pm The MAGA crowd will walk barefoot over broken glass to vote for Trump. There is literally nothing he could say or do that would stop them. He doesn’t need to spend money and he doesn’t need to debate.

As stated, Trump has bled the RNC dry. He’s refashioned the party into his personal cash cow. If he loses, the RNC will be left penniless and in a shambles. They’ll devolve into a farce of finger pointing and infighting. Trump’s trials will all go forward and the traitor will finally get what he deserves.

If he wins, the trials will all disappear, the RNC gets a lifeline, and the anti democracy activists take over the government. They’ll operate as if they have a mandate from the people to dismantle our democratic institutions and they’ll be a lot more successful than they were last time around.

Unfortunately, he’s pretty obviously going to win.
Exactly and well stated. The only thing I'd like to add is that into this scenario of Democracy being dismantled and America falling into authoritarianism, the Democrats and Joe Biden seek to disarm US or limit our choice of arms to pea shooters. The US Republic is crumbling and the democrats want me disarmed.

VooDoo
Tyrants disarm the people they intend to oppress. Hope is not a Plan.

I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Re: 'Awful time to go broke': 'Electoral blowouts' facing GOP as states being bled dry of cash

10
senorgrand wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 4:34 pm Trump was massively outspent by Clinton. He still won. I think this year, dems have an even larger enthusiasm gap to make up.
senorgrand wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 6:13 pm Field is much more important to dems that reps. Reps wake up early on election day and vote, like the swallows coming to roost in Capistrano. Dems need to be peeled away from binge watching old episodes of black mirror to find a reason to vote.
Yes and yes. As the saying goes, Democrats protest and Republicans vote.

Latest Economist/YouGov poll.
Would you say you are mostly voting FOR Joe Biden or AGAINST Donald Trump?
I’m mostly voting FOR Joe Biden 48%
I’m mostly voting AGAINST Donald Trump 51%
Would you say you are mostly voting FOR Donald Trump or AGAINST Joe Biden?
I’m mostly voting FOR Donald Trump 75%
I’m mostly voting AGAINST Joe Biden 23%
Regardless of who you prefer, who do you think would win the presidential election if Joe Biden were the Democratic candidate and Donald Trump were the Republican candidate and one of them were to win?
Joe Biden 34%
Donald Trump 42%
Not Sure 24%
https://d3nkl3psvxxpe9.cloudfront.net/d ... URRSN3.pdf

Biden has spent a lot of money on political ads and he's still running neck and neck with Trump in national polls and he's behind Trump in most swing states.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: 'Awful time to go broke': 'Electoral blowouts' facing GOP as states being bled dry of cash

11
A PEW report from April 24th made me realize that the race is closer than I expected. I was working under the premise that everyone willing to vote for Trump had voted in the primary, giving a picture of his support. However as stated, if the survey is correct, the race is closer than I thought.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

There are more, but this is from the first two pages. Note, I am not praising Trump, I am just looking at an article which I found interesting.
"Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” Matt. 25:40

Re: 'Awful time to go broke': 'Electoral blowouts' facing GOP as states being bled dry of cash

12
I have little faith in polling at this point, even from generally-reliable pollsters like Pew, because so much polling is done either by telephone (lots of folks won't answer calls from numbers not set in their phones' directories) or other ways (poll respondents self-select).

That said, because I have so little faith in polls, I echo the sentiment that the one poll that matters is actual voting. I haven't missed an opportunity to vote in decades.
Eventually I'll figure out this signature thing and decide what I want to put here.

Re: 'Awful time to go broke': 'Electoral blowouts' facing GOP as states being bled dry of cash

13
I refuse to believe that the orange spirochete has any chance what so ever. I find it interesting that at the NRA meeting, all the coverage was how 45 is a friend to gun owners and not about him floating a third term. See? The media wants a horse race rather than a guaranteed loss by the former president and future felon. When he's defeated, they'll move on to another horse race that they invented.

I loathe corporate media.

CDF
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Re: 'Awful time to go broke': 'Electoral blowouts' facing GOP as states being bled dry of cash

14
Polling scientists interview a sample of registered or likely voters on a number of issues. As Neil Newhouse once commented, polling is like going to your doctor for an annual blood panel. A phlebotomist takes a vial or two of your blood, they don't drain all your blood, because that sample when analyzed in a lab is enough to tell your doctor what's right and what's wrong.

We don't rely on the results of one or two polls/surveys, there are multiple polls and for accuracy they're averaged, so outliers don't dominate. Politicians aren't going blindly into elections without polling on issues they intend to run on and on voters they need to sway. People can deny the accuracy of polls, but don't be surprised when election results parallel polling results.

This election is very close and it's about Biden the incumbent, even though Democrats try to make it about Trump. Spin doctors in the Biden campaign say the polls are wrong, but there are too many polls saying the same thing.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: 'Awful time to go broke': 'Electoral blowouts' facing GOP as states being bled dry of cash

16
highdesert wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:47 am Polling scientists interview a sample of registered or likely voters on a number of issues. As Neil Newhouse once commented, polling is like going to your doctor for an annual blood panel. A phlebotomist takes a vial or two of your blood, they don't drain all your blood, because that sample when analyzed in a lab is enough to tell your doctor what's right and what's wrong.

We don't rely on the results of one or two polls/surveys, there are multiple polls and for accuracy they're averaged, so outliers don't dominate. Politicians aren't going blindly into elections without polling on issues they intend to run on and on voters they need to sway. People can deny the accuracy of polls, but don't be surprised when election results parallel polling results.

This election is very close and it's about Biden the incumbent, even though Democrats try to make it about Trump. Spin doctors in the Biden campaign say the polls are wrong, but there are too many polls saying the same thing.
The only poll that counts is the one the day of and day after the election. All the early polls can change and how many people and where are polled I could go to some areas of Texas and they would be strongly in favor of Biden while down the road a bit those other voters would be for TOS. The polls now are basically a tossup, because the number of people polled is so small compared to the number that are actual voters, voting. Also how many will say I will vote for TOS when they really are voting for Biden and vice versa. But these polls keep the talking heads employed. As my statistic professor would have said. Statistic's never lie, but Statistician's do.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: 'Awful time to go broke': 'Electoral blowouts' facing GOP as states being bled dry of cash

17
TrueTexan wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 7:08 pm
highdesert wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:47 am Polling scientists interview a sample of registered or likely voters on a number of issues. As Neil Newhouse once commented, polling is like going to your doctor for an annual blood panel. A phlebotomist takes a vial or two of your blood, they don't drain all your blood, because that sample when analyzed in a lab is enough to tell your doctor what's right and what's wrong.

We don't rely on the results of one or two polls/surveys, there are multiple polls and for accuracy they're averaged, so outliers don't dominate. Politicians aren't going blindly into elections without polling on issues they intend to run on and on voters they need to sway. People can deny the accuracy of polls, but don't be surprised when election results parallel polling results.

This election is very close and it's about Biden the incumbent, even though Democrats try to make it about Trump. Spin doctors in the Biden campaign say the polls are wrong, but there are too many polls saying the same thing.
The only poll that counts is the one the day of and day after the election. All the early polls can change and how many people and where are polled I could go to some areas of Texas and they would be strongly in favor of Biden while down the road a bit those other voters would be for TOS. The polls now are basically a tossup, because the number of people polled is so small compared to the number that are actual voters, voting. Also how many will say I will vote for TOS when they really are voting for Biden and vice versa. But these polls keep the talking heads employed. As my statistic professor would have said. Statistic's never lie, but Statistician's do.
It's typical that when people don't agree with political polls, they attack the polls instead of questioning their candidate. Polls aren't perfect but either are candidates. If Democrats want to dismiss the polls, then they do it at their own party's peril. Right now a lot of Democrats are whistling past the graveyard, rather than face the reality that Biden is behind and could very well lose on November 5th.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: 'Awful time to go broke': 'Electoral blowouts' facing GOP as states being bled dry of cash

18
The sad thing is biden could have been a good president, but he chose early on to replay agendas from decades past like gun control. He had an opportunity to break away from the past, the pandemic crisis gave him the opportunity. Instead one of his first pushes was on gun control, why. It’s as if it’s a matter of pride with him. He keeps insisting the original AWB was right. He refuses to support a push for universal healthcare or even just push for and educate the public on it. There are other issues as well that have popular support he could have stood behind but hasn’t. I guess it was too much to expect him to be anything but the person he has has let slip in public over the decades. A man who refuses to listen to differing opinions, is dismissive of those that present them and above all always sees his position as right without question regardless of public opinion or evidence. Unbending and infallible to a flaw. A flaw that makes him incapable of change or growth and destined to drag the nation down with his pride and arrogance. This has always been his election to lose. It’s a referendum on his presidency not on the last guys. And as many polls show many in the electorate would prefer anyone but these two.
Image
Image

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Re: 'Awful time to go broke': 'Electoral blowouts' facing GOP as states being bled dry of cash

19
sikacz wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:59 am The sad thing is biden could have been a good president, but he chose early on to replay agendas from decades past like gun control. He had an opportunity to break away from the past, the pandemic crisis gave him the opportunity. Instead one of his first pushes was on gun control, why. It’s as if it’s a matter of pride with him. He keeps insisting the original AWB was right. He refuses to support a push for universal healthcare or even just push for and educate the public on it. There are other issues as well that have popular support he could have stood behind but hasn’t. I guess it was too much to expect him to be anything but the person he has has let slip in public over the decades. A man who refuses to listen to differing opinions, is dismissive of those that present them and above all always sees his position as right without question regardless of public opinion or evidence. Unbending and infallible to a flaw. A flaw that makes him incapable of change or growth and destined to drag the nation down with his pride and arrogance. This has always been his election to lose. It’s a referendum on his presidency not on the last guys. And as many polls show many in the electorate would prefer anyone but these two.
You have just described TOS to a point.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest