Re: 2024 Presidential Polling

We're going to end up with that ignorant, cowardly, amoral thug who will turn our democracy into a putinocracy. The SCOTUS could have settled the immunity question 19 weeks ago, but are using an old tactic to make an issue moot--delay, delay, delay till it doesn't matter. The 6 know FULL WELL what they are doing, and they don't give a shit about the damage they are doing. "God and Jesus must rule over earthly laws!" So they aid the personification of a human "demon".
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

sikacz wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:23 pm Even with 53 percent thinking trump has committed serious crimes, there’s more support for a second trump presidency. On a side note, haley would do even better against biden.
Yes Haley is a more moderate candidate in line with Romney and McCain in past years. That's why she received funding from the Kochs and others who won't support Trump.

Biden scores higher among age 18-29, 53% to 49% and 65+ 49% to 43% age ranges, while Trump scores higher among voters between 30 and 64 years of age.

Trump scores higher among white voters 53% to 40% and Hispanics 46% to 40%, while Biden scores higher among Black voters 66% to 23%. Among other races/ethnicities, Trump scores higher 45% to 43%.

The difference is stark with higher ed graduates, those with a B.A.+ Biden leads 54% to 38%, among those without a B.A. Trump leads 54% to 36%.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

YankeeTarheel wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:23 pm We're going to end up with that ignorant, cowardly, amoral thug who will turn our democracy into a putinocracy. The SCOTUS could have settled the immunity question 19 weeks ago, but are using an old tactic to make an issue moot--delay, delay, delay till it doesn't matter. The 6 know FULL WELL what they are doing, and they don't give a shit about the damage they are doing. "God and Jesus must rule over earthly laws!" So they aid the personification of a human "demon".
The last time I remember SCOTUS being involved in an election, they anointed Bush over some little hanging chads...

The answer does not lie there.

VodoundaVinci wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:29 pm It's like 2016 all over again - Voters want Haley and admit Trump is a criminal but they'd *still* rather see Trump than Biden in the White House. For Gaads sake, dump Trump and put Haley up. If the majority wants to see Biden get waxed then give US Nikki Haley instead of the pompous, pathological lying criminal that can't shut his racist, bully mouth. We are gonna get a Republican president in 2024. Let's make it a better one than Trump. Please?

Like 2016 and the Democrats, we are gonna screw the best candidate (Sanders) and force the POS candidate (Clinton) and end up with the worst possible outcome. Time for Joe to Go but not with Trump. WTF has happened to America?

VooDoo
I feel the same.

Hopefully Haley runs as an independant. Maybe America is fed up enough to shun the two cheating, lying parties and elect an independent/3rd party candidate because clearly, neither Trump nor Biden has what America needs or wants,

I don't see it happening but it's the only hope I have left for America.

VooDoo
Tyrants disarm the people they intend to oppress.

I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

VodoundaVinci wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:12 am Hopefully Haley runs as an independant. Maybe America is fed up enough to shun the two cheating, lying parties and elect an independent/3rd party candidate because clearly, neither Trump nor Biden has what America needs or wants,

I don't see it happening but it's the only hope I have left for America.

VooDoo
Given a three way choice, she would get my vote. She’d likely get my vote in a two way choice as well. The two party monopoly has run its course. It’s time to end it. It’s been time for many years now. The laws created by the two parties to limit other parties from participating should have been found illegal long ago.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Americans are split down the middle, each side thinks they're right. And now according to polling, more people think Trump is the right person to handle the economy, immigration, and the Middle East and Biden isn't. Older Democrats have to face that their party is no longer the party of the white working class, union workers and the middle class and Republicans are no longer the party of the wealthy, elite and educated.

Biden has been a poor communicator about what he's done and his path ahead. If he doesn't do it in the State of the Union speech then it's probably downhill until November. The power of the presidency is addictive not only for presidents but their spouses and families, like Trump I think Biden got addicted to the office and couldn't say one term was enough.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:22 am Americans are split down the middle, each side thinks they're right. And now according to polling, more people think Trump is the right person to handle the economy, immigration, and the Middle East and Biden isn't. Older Democrats have to face that their party is no longer the party of the white working class, union workers and the middle class and Republicans are no longer the party of the wealthy, elite and educated.

Biden has been a poor communicator about what he's done and his path ahead. If he doesn't do it in the State of the Union speech then it's probably downhill until November. The power of the presidency is addictive not only for presidents but their spouses and families, like Trump I think Biden got addicted to the office and couldn't say one term was enough.
Agree.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Talking about candidates that go back on their word….
https://www.usnews.com/news/elections/a ... -president
Promises and positions of candidates are obviously pretty meaningless unless of course it’s a candidate like biden who has been fixated on banning guns since the early 1990’s. That seems to be one position he hasn’t flipped on other than his corporatist leanings.

sikacz wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:22 pm Talking about candidates that go back on their word….
https://www.usnews.com/news/elections/a ... -president
Promises and positions of candidates are obviously pretty meaningless unless of course it’s a candidate like biden who has been fixated on banning guns since the early 1990’s. That seems to be one position he hasn’t flipped on other than his corporatist leanings.
It seems that some people are fixated on their gun. I am reminded of the days I was in Jr. ROTC in High School back in the late 1960s. If I had ever called that M1 Garand a gun my butt would get a royal chewing out. The upper ranking cadet would remind me that is not a gun but a weapon per the US Army manual. I would then have to recite in front of the other cadets the old army saying. point at my rifle "This my Weapon" pointing at my crotch " This is my gun" Pointing at my weapon" This is for killing" pointing at my crotch, "This is for fun" Some rope get fixated on playing with their gun. and don't want to look at the big picture.

Biden with a capital B. may have weapon control as a part of the his wishes, but I don't see that as going through Congress and I rather focus on the bigger picture of what he wants as to foreign relations and domestic policy, as compared to the Orange Cheetolini who would love to take all the weapons except those belonging to his MAGA followers. Example Germany 1932. Only certain supporters of Hitler were allowed to own weapons except for a few hunting rifles . To have a weapon you had to have sworn a blood oath and belong to the SS, SA, Gestapo, and Military forces. Later the SA was disbanded and not allowed weapons after the night the long knives where Ernst Rhom and others were purged by killings.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

I’d be more forgiving of biden if he hadn’t started to push the gun agenda right from the beginning of his administration. It shows a lack of understanding that to me is unforgivable. I won’t trade any right away just because some feel biden is a safer option. We are past voting for safer options and if getting to fix means taking a temporary dip even lower so be it. I’d rather face the fascists and other phobics fully armed rather than disarmed. I fully understand the fascist disarmament of the past, but regardless of who wins they are not going away and being armed is the better option.

This! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

In 2020 we had insurrectionists and Trump supporters literally talking like it was time and appropriate to start shooting Democrat's, Liberals, and anyone they felt was responsible for the election being stolen. We are living in a nation of partisan hate and America seems fractured and fragmented beyond repair. And into this world, this situation, all Biden seems to think about is disarming me and mine. Literally throwing us and our self defense to the wolves.

Sorry ro be a single issue voter but this is not the time in history to be disarmed and have our 2A Rights pulled apart. If Joe could shut his yap about the gun control silliness I'd vote for him against Der Trumpenfuhrer openly.

VooDoo
Tyrants disarm the people they intend to oppress.

I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

If he renounced his position right now and made it a pledge he wouldn’t touch guns in any manner, I could find my way to forget temporarily he is an authoritarian neoliberal corporatist.
PS that’s three other issues I have with him other than guns.

Compare Biden to TOS. You have three choices vote for ether Biden or TOS or don’t vote. Voting for Biden may try to outlaw guns but that will never fly especially since many remember Clinton’s AWB. They didn’t take away any guns you just could buy a “AW” . The ban was for 10 years and then they were sold again. TOS is wanting a full dictatorship and that might get you loss of your guns. Look at the other dictatorships and how many have the freedom to buy guns. Only guns allowed are with the police and military along with some special secret service run by the dictator. Common people., that’s you and me, aren’t allowed to have guns. Get caught with a gun and it is off to the Gulags or reeducation camps.

So there is your choice. If you don’t vote you have no say and just accept the consequences. If you do vote you could have a choice of a democracy or a good chance of a dictatorship in which you still lose you guns.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

highdesert wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:39 pm Sen Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska and Sen Susan Collins, R-Maine both endorsed Nikki Haley yesterday.
https://www.politico.com/live-updates/2 ... s-00144496
There’s a definite movement a foot. The compromise candidate that would satisfy most voters is likely Haley.

Rant on other comments: As for voting instructions on how I or anyone should vote, that just sounds like replay of the previous elections. The you can only vote for crowd needs to tone down their opinion. Fabulous if someone thinks biden can’t or won’t do something. The reality is that is just an opinion, just like mine. I don’t like the gamble and I’ve said my reasons. So far nothing I hear is changing my perspective. By all means vote for your candidate, but if you want them to win then listen to some of the voices here and do something constructive like get the dems and biden to backdown and change policy. Otherwise, I will vote and vote whoever I like or even a blank if appropriate, but I won’t vote for trump or biden. So instead of trying to say what someone can or cannot do or explain what choices I have, do something constructive, change the narrative. The real evil is choosing between bad choices and not trying to change flawed losing positions.

Well said, Sika.

I won't vote for Biden and I sure as shit won't vote for trump. I am done voting for anyone that runs on a platform of fucking rights over for votes and contributions. Being from California, it is clear where it leads, even from the "benevolent" Democrat dictators. Fuck 'em. I'm done. I'll vote for almost anybody that isn't running on restrictions on rights, even if my politics don't align.

Going through polling data and this is interesting from TIPP polling. Among American voters 42% identify as Independents, 30% as Democrats and 28% as Republicans according to the latest Gallup data.
For Democrats, the top issues are:

33% Gun violence/Gun control
29% Economy
25% Climate change
22% Immigration/Border security
21% Abortion
19% Health care
16% Election 2024
16% Crime
16% Homelessness

For Republicans, the top priorities are:

58% Immigration/Border security
50% Economy
23% National debt/Federal government spending
22% Crime
16% Terrorism/National security
15% Homelessness

Independents’ priorities:

37% Economy
33% Immigration/Border security
23% Homelessness
21% Trust in government/Politicians
16% Home affordability
16% Health care
15% National debt/Federal government spending
15% Gun violence/Gun control
Gun control is a Democratic priority because anti-gunners control that issue within the DNC.