Re: Orange spirochete indictment thread

Trump demands judge be 'thrown off the bench' after delay in testimony is denied

Donald Trump on Tuesday demanded that fraud trial Judge Arthur Engoron be "thrown off the bench" after he ruled that the former president's Monday testimony must go forward.

"We have totally proven our Case," Trump insisted in a post to Truth Social on Tuesday afternoon.

Trump lashed out at Michael Cohen as the attorney general's "sole witness" and called for the former fixer to be "prosecuted for his lies."

"The Judge and the A.G. falsified the value of Mar-a-Lago and other Assets to make me look as bad as possible, and got caught," the former president complained. "For anyone else, what they did would be considered FRAUD, and they would be thrown off the 'bench' and out of office."

Trump's rant came after Engoron denied a request to postpone Trump's Monday testimony while he appealed a gag order that the judge put in place. A previous attempt to appeal the gag order failed.

Engoron issued the gag order after Trump attacked his court clerk by name on Social Media and accused her of running the trial.
https://www.rawstory.com/donald-trump-off-the-bench/

The delusional TOS still believes he the President and his orders and demands must be obeyed, because the President is the same as a King.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

N.Y. appeals court upholds Judge Engoron’s ruling that Trump committed 'widespread fraud'

Former President Donald Trump was dealt a major blow by the New York Court of Appeals on Thursday in the midst of his ongoing civil fraud trial in the Empire State.

On Thursday afternoon, MSNBC legal reporter Lisa Rubin tweeted that appellate judges denied Trump's request to stay (or halt) Judge Arthur Engoron's ruling in favor of New York Attorney General Letitia James, who won a summary judgment in September in her initial claim that Trump committed "pervasive, widespread fraud in financial statements." She linked to a copy of the appellate judges' ruling in the initial post.

"What that means practically is that the provisions of the below order are enforceable and that if [independent financial monitor Judge Barbara Jones] is the agreed-upon receiver, Trump and his co-defendants owe her a bunch of information and advanced notice about their ownership structure and future activity," Rubin added in a separate tweet, which showed a screenshot of an October order from Judge Engoron.

In September, the Associated Press reported Engoron ruled that Trump "committed fraud for years while building the real estate empire that catapulted him to fame and the White House." That summary judgment order also ordered that the former president's business licenses in New York be suspended, meaning he would no longer have the legal ability to make decisions on behalf of his businesses anywhere in the state. While Thursday's appellate court ruling upheld Engoron's conclusion that Trump committed fraud, it halted his order suspending Trump's standing as a corporate officer in New York-based businesses.

The ex-president's civil fraud trial may end prior to the Christmas holidays, as both he and his immediate family have already been compelled to testify in the case. Attorney General James is seeking $250 million in financial penalties, and she may still ultimately prevail in her goal of stripping Trump of his ability to do business in New York depending on the final verdict.

Lawyers representing Trump in his New York civil fraud trial have recently tried for a third time to get Engoron to issue a "directed verdict," arguing that the state has failed to bring compelling evidence to justify the allegations against him. A retired New York Judge told the Daily Beast that the motion for a directed verdict was akin to a "hail Mary pass," and that she couldn't recall a single instance in which she issued a directed verdict at the defendant's request in her 35 years on the bench.
https://www.rawstory.com/trump-organiz ... I#cxrecs_s

Anybody want to buy some used property in New York.?
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Raw Story says this was
a major blow by the New York Court of Appeals
. The reporter doesn't know the basics of the New York court system. In NY state the Supreme Court is a trial court like a superior, district, circuit...court in the other 49 states. The New York Court of Appeals is the highest court in NY state, equivalent to a state supreme court. This was a ruling by the appellate division of the NY Supreme Court and not the New York Court of Appeals.
https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef ... _PLUS_Ig==
Last edited by highdesert on Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Greengunner wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:43 pm Some quasi indictment news. Trump is currently selling scraps of the clothes he wearing when he showed up for his mugshot. I didn't post any links. Y'all can google it. I "almost" admire the shamelessness. His grift knows no limit. I also "almost" admire the disdain he has for his supporters. He thinks they're total suckers and he's right.
I can just imagine a bidding contest to buy his hash marked Depends he wore that day!!! :sorry:
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

His penchant for grifting suckers knows no bounds. He shows no loyalty to anyone but himself. This is the kind of parent that raises sociopaths or kids who invests thousands of dollars and countless hours in therapy when they become young adults.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Wino wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:51 pm
Greengunner wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:43 pm Some quasi indictment news. Trump is currently selling scraps of the clothes he wearing when he showed up for his mugshot. I didn't post any links. Y'all can google it. I "almost" admire the shamelessness. His grift knows no limit. I also "almost" admire the disdain he has for his supporters. He thinks they're total suckers and he's right.
I can just imagine a bidding contest to buy his hash marked Depends he wore that day!!! :sorry:
Hopefully soon, He will be selling parts of his Orange jumpsuits.

Someone must have told him about the old Holy Relic grift from the Crusades and he decided to get in on it. How many tons of wood were sold as splinters of the True Cross? How much rope could be woven from the strands of saint's hair, and yards of sail from patches of the shroud of Turin?

NFTs completely miss the point. Too much like a real business.

I'm just afraid that a century from now, they really will be relics of the Orange Martyr of the Church of MAGA, whose true followers may be recognized by their red caps.

Trump lawyer accuses New York AG Letitia James of 'trying to kill the Trump family'

During a recent speech in Phoenix, Arizona, Alina Habba — the personal lawyer to former President Donald Trump — baselessly accused New York's top law enforcement official of trying to "kill" her client.

The Independent reported that Habba, who spoke at the four-day AmericaFest conference last week, said she had "been attacked and been attacking Miss Letitia James, the attorney general for the state of New York who is trying to kill the Trump family, their organization and the presidency," and that this attack has been continuous "for the last 11 joyous weeks."

"[James] said 'I’m going to turn every page on the Trump Organization. I’m going to go in there. I’m going to get Trump and I’m gonna go home,'" Habba said, accusing James of conducting a "witch hunt" against the former president. "That's what we're dealing with." "She can bring her witch hunts, but I am the witch hunt slayer," Habba added.

Habba has been representing Trump in the ongoing civil fraud trial in New York, which could conclude before the end of 2023. James' office is seeking $250 million in damages, and to have both the former president and his two adult sons permanently banned from holding officer positions in any New York-based corporation in the future.

Judge Arthur Engoron, who is overseeing proceedings, already ruled in a pre-trial decision that Trump committed fraud in financial statements filed with the state that artificially inflated the value of his real estate profile in order to obtain more favorable tax and insurance benefits. Trump's appeal failed in December, with appellate judges siding with Engoron.

Habba herself has been accused of unethical behavior in a lawsuit filed by a former employee of Trump's golf resort in Bedminster, New Jersey. Alice Bianco, who was a server employed at the resort in 2021, said her supervisor at the time forced her into a "quid pro quo" arrangement in which she would have sex with him in order to keep her job. Bianco accused Habba of "grooming" her and pretending to be her friend in order to mine information, then effectively muzzling her by making her sign an illegal non-disclosure agreement in exchange for receiving a "paltry sum" of money. Bianco's lawsuit is seeking to have Habba referred to the New Jersey Office of Attorney Ethics for unethical behavior, to keep the initial sum of money and to recover legal expenses.
https://www.alternet.org/lawyer-james-trump/

Habba needs to have her license to practice law pulled just like Rudy is probably losing his.

I am extremely skeptical that either of the federal cases against Trump will even begin before the election, despite the proposed March and May dates, and I have zero expectation the either will be finished before the election. While I think a guilty verdict would hurt Trump's chances in the general, there simply won't be one because the trials will still be underway (assuming they've even begun).

Trump isn't just going to win the nomination, he's absolutely crushing everyone else and he's going to win overwhelmingly. The GOP has gone from wanting to forget about Jan 6th, to embracing it and praising the rioters as patriots and political prisoners. Also, the SCOTUS is going to hear a case that could upend the convictions of hundreds of Jan 6th rioters. Biden is exceedingly unpopular and Trump is beating him in head to head polls.

I am beginning to see a "through the looking glass" future where Trump wins the election, orders his DOJ to dismiss the charges against him, hundreds of Jan sixth rioters are set free and the GOP openly embraces anti democracy political violence.

I feel like we're all smugly watching as the charges against Trump mount, patting ourselves on the back because we think he's finally going to get what's coming to him, and we're blind to the train that's speeding down the track coming right at us.

I'm terrified for this country and I'm seriously considering leaving.
www.schayden.com

Channel that energy into a dystopian novel, Greengunner! I’d like to read it to see how we can avoid such dark futures.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

'We're Being Overrun': Tommy Tuberville Cheers Trump’s Xenophobic Comments

Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-Ala.) welcomed former President Donald Trump’s xenophobic comments about migrants “poisoning the blood” of the U.S. — but said he was disappointed that they didn’t go far enough.

“I’m mad he wasn’t even tougher than that,” the Trump ally told The Independent’s Eric Garcia on Tuesday. “When you see what’s happening at the border? We’re being overrun. They’re taking us over.”

At a Saturday rally in New Hampshire, Trump had declared that people coming to the U.S. are “poisoning the blood of our country” — language that has been compared to that of dictators such as Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini. He used similar language in an interview earlier this year, saying at the time that people are coming to the U.S. “with disease.”

In recent weeks, Trump has also referred to his political foes as “vermin,” vowing to “root” them out, and pledged to be a “dictator” only on “day one” if he retakes the White House.
But Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), another loyal Trump ally, downplayed the former president’s remarks during a Sunday interview on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

“You know, we’re talking about language? I could care less what language people use as long as we get it right,” Graham said, referring to the influx of migrants at the U.S.-Mexico border and the resulting negotiations in Washington over tougher immigration and border policy.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-po ... 42c0bf8399

What else can we expect from a washed up football coach and a Sen. that sounds like a cartoon rooster. Tuber is another name for an underground vegetable, potatoes. Very likable vegetable but without any smarts. Tommy Tuberville reminds you of the potato but not as likable.

F’em, both my nieces are half Hispanic, from Mexico and that half includes twenty percent Native American. I wonder whose blood is actually poisoned and who was here first. One of my niece’s husband is a Mexican American Texan and his Native American part is from the Pueblo people’s. The first arrivals crossed this land north and south, east and west just like many nomadic people hundreds of years before there was a USA. A USA that in forming displaced first arrivals whenever it was convenient. These twits have no understanding of history or how people populated parts of this globe.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Plagiarized this from another site - Pretty much sums turd up - “Trump is the poor man’s idea of a rich man, the weak man’s idea of a strong man, and the stupid man’s idea of a smart man.” I'll add on my own - "A fascist's idea of a leader."
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Wino wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:56 am Plagiarized this from another site - Pretty much sums turd up - “Trump is the poor man’s idea of a rich man, the weak man’s idea of a strong man, and the stupid man’s idea of a smart man.” I'll add on my own - "A fascist's idea of a leader."
… “Florida Man’s idea of a leader.” -FIFY

We're seeing some interesting shit here.

Starting with CO and their ballot decision to be followed by other states, what's moving across the county by and large is a refusal to accept him as a legitimate candidate. I don't even think he will remain viable among his base, but ya never know. So many folks will "feel" he mounted an insurrection that it won't matter when he's found guilty somewhere or anywhere. And now we're seeing all kinds of evidence of him pressuring folks not to certify the vote despite verifiable numbers. We see the Russian dossier missing. All kinds of folks suing is sorry butt all over the place. Him glitching at campaign stops. Him making false claims that media now feels confident enough to call him out about. I think it's over for him.

I am not ashamed to point and laugh. Those scum buckets were too mean and cruel for too long, and they deserve repeatedly to be hoisted upon the petard du jour. Sux to be them.

CDFingers
The wheel is turning and you can't slow down. You can't let go and you can't hold on.
You can't go back and you can't stand still. If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

Trump recorded pressuring Wayne County canvassers not to certify 2020 vote

Then-President Donald Trump personally pressured two Republican members of the Wayne County Board of Canvassers not to sign the certification of the 2020 presidential election, according to recordings reviewed by The Detroit News and revealed publicly for the first time.

On a Nov. 17, 2020, phone call, which also involved Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel, Trump told Monica Palmer and William Hartmann, the two GOP Wayne County canvassers, they'd look "terrible" if they signed the documents after they first voted in opposition and then later in the same meeting voted to approve certification of the county’s election results, according to the recordings.

"We've got to fight for our country," said Trump on the recordings, made by a person who was present for the call with Palmer and Hartmann. "We can't let these people take our country away from us."

McDaniel, a Michigan native and the leader of the Republican Party nationally, said at another point in the call, "If you can go home tonight, do not sign it. ... We will get you attorneys."

To which Trump added: "We'll take care of that."

Palmer and Hartmann left the canvassers meeting without signing the official statement of votes for Wayne County, and the following day, they unsuccessfully attempted to rescind their votes in favor of certification, filing legal affidavits claiming they were pressured.

The moves from Palmer, Hartmann and Trump, had they been successful, threatened to throw the statewide certification of Michigan's 2020 election into doubt.

The revelation of the contents of the call with the former president comes as he faces four counts of criminal conspiracy to defraud the United States and its voters of the rightful outcome of the election. Efforts to prevent certification of Democrat Joe Biden’s 154,000-vote victory in Michigan are an integral part of the indictment.

The call involving Trump, McDaniel, Hartmann and Palmer occurred within 30 minutes of the Wayne County Board of Canvassers meeting ending on Nov. 17, 2020, according to records reviewed by The News.
Full long article: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 004514007/

Not just another smoking gun, but a smoking cannon. Sounds like it is right out of the playbook of his Daddy's lawyer and later TOS"s lawyer, Roy Cohn, AKA the Mafia's Lawyer.

Supreme Court Rejects Special Counsel Request To Rule On Trump Immunity Claim Immediately

The Supreme Court on Friday denied a request from special counsel Jack Smith to step in and immediately rule on Donald Trump’s claim that he is immune from prosecution for his actions leading up to the Jan. 6 assault on the Capitol because they were “official” acts and part of his job.

U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan earlier this month ruled that Trump’s attempt to overturn the election and remain in power was not part of his official duties and he would have to stand trial on the charges listed in Smith’s indictment.

Trump appealed that ruling to the Circuit Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia, which had the effect of putting the case on hold until that question was resolved. Smith last week asked the high court to step in immediately, describing the issue as one of paramount concern to the nation.

The appeals court has already fast-tracked its schedule and set to hear the case on Jan. 9. The Supreme Court now will almost certainly not review the case — if it chooses to at all — until that appellate ruling.

Friday’s decision likely means that Chutkan’s planned March start to Trump’s trial on the coup-attempt-related charges will be delayed.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/scotus-t ... 135b84?agi

Delay, Delay, Delay that is the strategy of TOS and his lawyers.

TrueTexan wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:15 pm
Supreme Court Rejects Special Counsel Request To Rule On Trump Immunity Claim Immediately

The Supreme Court on Friday denied a request from special counsel Jack Smith to step in and immediately rule on Donald Trump’s claim that he is immune from prosecution for his actions leading up to the Jan. 6 assault on the Capitol because they were “official” acts and part of his job.

U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan earlier this month ruled that Trump’s attempt to overturn the election and remain in power was not part of his official duties and he would have to stand trial on the charges listed in Smith’s indictment.

Trump appealed that ruling to the Circuit Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia, which had the effect of putting the case on hold until that question was resolved. Smith last week asked the high court to step in immediately, describing the issue as one of paramount concern to the nation.

The appeals court has already fast-tracked its schedule and set to hear the case on Jan. 9. The Supreme Court now will almost certainly not review the case — if it chooses to at all — until that appellate ruling.

Friday’s decision likely means that Chutkan’s planned March start to Trump’s trial on the coup-attempt-related charges will be delayed.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/scotus-t ... 135b84?agi

Delay, Delay, Delay that is the strategy of TOS and his lawyers.
And that's that. Doesn't matter how much evidence you've got if the trial never starts. Fuck Garland for dragging his feet for so damn long. All this shit should have happened over a year ago.
www.schayden.com

Yes, delay is what we are seeing. I believe the orange strategy is to delay until after he's re elected so he can quash them all but Georgia and rule as a vengeful god. He makes some unfortunate assumptions.

To understand the assumptions, first we have to look at the silent orange voters out there who helped put him in in the first place. All these accusations, pieces of evidence, moves by states, other revelations--these are each a little ax chip at the base of the tree of inevitability. Each weakens his inevitability as the nom. I think the silent orange ones want to win R, not necessarily with T.

So, he's the assumed nom, which I seriously doubt. All his noise and lies and innuendoes all have turned out to be without any evidence behind them. If the D's were good, they would continually illustrate that with eight by ten color glossies with the circles and the arrows. That's how stubborn facts will sink his ship before it gets to run for president.

Second, in the general election, if he's there, the curtain easily may be pulled back showing the emptiness that is his policy quiver. Compared to the centrist and successful Dem, it's paltry.

It may not matter if the trial starts on time or if he's convicted. There's no there there, and if the D's play it well, he will be defeated. A recent case in point is the year end economic reports showing Joe to have perhaps had a hand in the soft landing. That will be hard to deny.

CDFingers
The wheel is turning and you can't slow down. You can't let go and you can't hold on.
You can't go back and you can't stand still. If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will