Rudy Giuliani's attorney gets 'lashing' from judge after client doesn't show for court

U.S. District Court Judge Beryl Howell rebuked an attorney for Rudy Giuliani after his client failed to attend a hearing in his defamation case.

Politico's Kyle Cheney reported that Giuliani declined to attend a Tuesday hearing ahead of a jury trial to determine how much he will have to pay two Georgia election workers — Ruby Freeman and Wandrea "Shaye" Moss — after he was found liable for defaming them.

"Ruby Freeman and Shaye Moss were in court in D.C. for what could have been their first pretrial confrontation with Rudy Giuliani as part of their defamation suit," Cheney reported. "But Rudy didn't show, and his attorney got a lashing from Judge Howell for the absence."

Howell has ordered a jury trial to begin next week.

"Giuliani's position that the long-standing jury demand in this case was extinguished when he was found liable on plaintiffs' claims by default, is wrong as a matter of law," Howell wrote in a filing this week.
https://www.rawstory.com/rudy-giuliani- ... for-court/

Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Were you too hungover to show up for the court or do you believe that you are as exempt as your former Client TOS.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: Rudy Giuliani's attorney gets 'lashing' from judge after client doesn't show for court

Rudy Giuliani attacks poll workers' lawyers — and claims they're tied to Hunter Biden

Fresh from the latest day of the civil trial brought against Rudy Giuliani by Georgia poll workers Ruby Freeman and Shaye Moss, Giuliani declined to discuss the case directly with reporters — but he lashed out at Freeman and Moss' attorneys, and claimed they had ties to Hunter Biden, reported Politico's Kyle Cheney.

Giuliani, a former federal prosecutor and mayor of New York City who helped former President Donald Trump push conspiracy theories about the 2020 election, is accused of defaming Freeman and Moss with false claims that they were stuffing ballots during the vote count in Atlanta.

A judge has already found for the poll workers on summary judgment, and the remainder of the trial is about assessing damages.

"I'm not going to discuss the case right now because it seems to get the judge annoyed," said Giuliani to reporters. "The reality is that I've never seen that many lawyers ... [from] the most expensive law firm in America, this is multi millions of dollars being spent, it can't be ignored that the chief lawyer represented Burisma and is close to Hunter Biden."

"Gottlieb represented the crooked company Burisma, which is alleged to have paid $5 million to Hunter Biden and $5 million to Joe Biden in a communication to a highly reliable FBI source," Giuliani continued.

Giuliani was pivotal in pushing a claim that President Biden, when he worked in the Obama administration, pressured Ukraine to remove a prosecutor general who was supposedly planning to investigate Burisma. This has been repeatedly debunked.
https://www.rawstory.com/giuliani-2666572621/

Rudy, Rudy, Rudy. All that hair dye and booze has just made you as goofy as your bestie client, TOS.
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: Rudy Giuliani's attorney gets 'lashing' from judge after client doesn't show for court

Giuliani Won't Testify, Despite Pledge To 'Definitively Clear' His Name By Doing So

As the second half of his trial kicked off this week, Giuliani had told reporters that he would “definitively clear” his name by taking the stand and proving that his lies about two Georgia election workers weren’t lies at all.

“When I testify, the whole story will be definitively clear that what I said was true,” Giuliani said on Monday, “and that, whatever happened to them — which is unfortunate about other people overreacting ― everything I said about them is true.”

So it came as a surprise days later when Giuliani, through an attorney, revealed that he wouldn’t actually testify. With no defense witnesses, the civil trial instead moved on to closing statements.
Giuliani conceded in a court filing earlier this year that he’d made false statements about the two Georgia election workers who brought the defamation suit. He then refused to turn over key documents ahead of the trial, leading to a default judgment.

In this second half of the trial, jurors will decide what damages to award Ruby Freeman and daughter Wandrea “Shaye” Moss, whom Giuliani repeatedly and baselessly accused of committing voter fraud in the 2020 election.

Freeman testified Wednesday that she’d been “terrorized” as a result of Giuliani’s lies, saying that she’d endured threatening letters and voicemails, violent and racist social media messages, and in-person confrontations.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/rudy-gi ... f3b6741772

Rudy you might just windup sharing a cell with your bestie, TOS.

What we are witnessing are the delusional ramblings of emperors, seen naked in the daylight with all their grandeur stripped from them along with their power. See how they rage like babies who soil themselves!
“Waaaaaa!” :rollbaby:
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Wino wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:46 pm WHOA!! Almost $75M apiece. They should now sue turd!! They will never see the money from dead beat Rudy!
Now sue TOS and at least then they could put a lien against MarALoco get the title and kick TOS out then make it a shelter for the homeless people.

Greengunner wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:51 pm
Wino wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:46 pm WHOA!! Almost $75M apiece. They should now sue turd!! They will never see the money from dead beat Rudy!
Imagine if he actually had to pay and it wasn't just a symbolic amount. Alas...
Yeah, not much point in these numbers when the award will never be realized.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

highdesert wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:33 am Large awards are often reduced by the trial judge and appellate courts. Rudy tied his wagon to Trump's and this is the result. It could be hard for them to collect, Giuliani lost his law license in NY and he's fighting to keep his DC one.
License or not, I doubt he can earn that much and not sure if he has any assets either. It’s a message only and likely makes sure that rudy dies a pauper. But, I doubt either person collects anything significant.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:56 am
highdesert wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:33 am Large awards are often reduced by the trial judge and appellate courts. Rudy tied his wagon to Trump's and this is the result. It could be hard for them to collect, Giuliani lost his law license in NY and he's fighting to keep his DC one.
License or not, I doubt he can earn that much and not sure if he has any assets either. It’s a message only and likely makes sure that rudy dies a pauper. But, I doubt either person collects anything significant.
Giuliani had a cozy senior position at a NY law firm which he lost with his Trump shenanigans. . Last I heard he was trying to sell his NYC condo. Yup the two poll workers will have to sue Giuliani to try and collect and I doubt they have the resources.

Trump should give him free room and board at Bedminister or Maraloco, but that's unlikely to happen.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:11 am
sikacz wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:56 am
Giuliani had a cozy senior position at a NY law firm which he lost with his Trump shenanigans. . Last I heard he was trying to sell his NYC condo. Yup the two poll workers will have to sue Giuliani to try and collect and I doubt they have the resources.

Trump should give him free room and board at Bedminister or Maraloco, but that's unlikely to happen.
Talk about a dumb ass. He sure screwed up his life.

Rudy Giuliani Back On Newsmax Doing The Same Ol' Thing After $148 Million Verdict

Rudy Giuliani is still repeating the same falsehoods that left him with a $148 million debt.

The former Donald Trump attorney doubled down on his election fraud nonsense on Newsmax Monday, days after two Georgia election workers, Ruby Freeman and Wandrea “Shaye” Moss, won a $148 million defamation verdict against him.

Giuliani had insisted to reporters at the start of the trial that the things he said about the women were true, even though he had previously conceded they were false. He pledged to prove it on the stand, then declined to testify when the time came.

The mother and daughter filed another lawsuit against Giuliani on Monday, seeking to permanently bar him from continuing to spread the same lies about them.

Hours later, the former New York City mayor was back at it in an interview with Newsmax host Rob Schmitt.

“Your initial allegations ― do you still believe them to be true?” Schmitt asked.

“Yeah. Well, of course they’ll sue me again for when I say that, but yeah, I do,” Giuliani said. “But they want me to lie. They basically, they are suing me in order to lie to them.”

“If if I showed you the evidence right now, and I think you’ve played it on your air, people would see that what I said was absolutely true,” he added.

Giuliani also called the trial unfair and corrupt, claiming it was part of “a fascist system, run by the Biden regime.”
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/rudy-giu ... 1b953517e8

One of the definitions of insanity is, "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Seems that Rudy is following that same rules as TOS. Hopefully he get the same results as TOS and will follow TOS right to jail.

Tell a lie often enough and loud enough and people will believe it : From the Jewish Virtual Library:
T he OSS psychological profile of Hitler described his use of the big lie:

His primary rules were: never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it.

Deja vue all over again

Hit him again, Judge! Slap him with another fine until he learns to stop he-self from telling lies about other people and affecting their lives through “ST” (stochastic terrorism). They ain’t learned nothing yet… no consequences for their actions. And the victims have not been vindicated, are not living their lives free from fear of undue reprisals. Rudy is still on national TV calling for a witch-hunt!

When will this stop?
When will we stop this?
Damn, my Asian upbringing is seeing Singapore’s public caning as more and more attractive and I don’t like it. But Americans seem to be dropping the ball on this matter.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Rudy Giuliani Files For Bankruptcy

Rudy Giuliani filed for bankruptcy in New York on Thursday, court records show.

In the filing, the former New York City mayor listed nearly $152 million in debts, including legal fees and unpaid taxes. He lists his assets at between $1 million and $10 million.

The filing comes one day after Giuliani, Donald Trump’s former personal attorney, was ordered to immediately pay $148 million in damages to two election workers he defamed.

The election workers, Ruby Freeman and daughter Wandrea “Shaye” Moss, won a defamation suit against Giuliani earlier this year. The attorney had falsely claimed that Freeman and Moss tampered with election results in Georgia’s Fulton County, leading to racist harassment and threats against the two Black women. The election workers said they were sent threatening letters and voicemails, targeted on social media with racist and violent posts and even confronted in person.
“The filing should be a surprise to no one,” Ted Goodman, an adviser to Giuliani, said in a statement. “No person could have reasonably believed that Mayor Rudy Giuliani would be able to pay such a high punitive amount. Chapter 11 will afford Mayor Giuliani the opportunity and time to pursue an appeal, while providing transparency for his finances under the supervision of the bankruptcy court, to ensure all creditors are treated equally and fairly throughout the process.”

Just days after being awarded the damages, Moss and Freeman filed another suit against Giuliani, accusing him of continuing to defame them even after being found liable for the false statements he made about them and their role in the 2020 election.

According to the new lawsuit, Giuliani “engaged in, and is engaging in, a continuing course of repetitive false speech and harassment ― specifically, repeating over and over the same lies that Plaintiffs engaged in election fraud during their service as election workers during the 2020 presidential election.”
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/rudy-giu ... a984263149

Rudy,Rudy, Rudy when're you going to learn that you are not TOS and to keep your mouth shut.