Re: Orange spirochete indictment thread

One tiny win, yes. But consider this tiny pebble one of many keeping up a huge boulder with an eroding base at the edge of a precipice. Even just looking at it this one fallen pebble is legally not insignificant. Jack Smith is using the, “death by a many, many lethal cuts,” method. Any one of them alone will lead to a slow bleeding out of his future. So long as TOS doesn’t get an infusion in the next presidential election he’s a goner. (And he knows it.)

It’s extraordinary to me to think back on Jan 6 and realize if he’d just had some patience and walked out of office with dignity that he would actually stand a chance now at being re-elected! But egotists often have that failing: lack of wisdom when filled with fear.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

We mean if he was a rational individual…
In some alternate reality…
Like, “The Man in the High Castle.”
Yes, I realize the absurdity of my own ideas.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Greengunner wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:22 am He's got a really really really really good shot at being president again.
I do not believe that for one second. A long, long, long shot, yes. I do not believe there exist sufficient numbers of stupid to elect him again.

CDFingers
The wheel is turning and you can't slow down. You can't let go and you can't hold on.
You can't go back and you can't stand still. If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

CDFingers wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:24 am
Greengunner wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:22 am He's got a really really really really good shot at being president again.
I do not believe that for one second. A long, long, long shot, yes. I do not believe there exist sufficient numbers of stupid to elect him again.

CDFingers
Never discount the stupidity of the American voters.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

sikacz wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:21 am If both parties continue to push divisive agenda, yes there is a good chance he will get re-elected. The political parties are made up and lead by stupid people as well.
Divisiveness is good for clicks, so Mass Media will continue to "cover" it. The only remedy is to read everything and decide upon the correct course of action using critican thinking.

We may be doomed.

CDFingers
The wheel is turning and you can't slow down. You can't let go and you can't hold on.
You can't go back and you can't stand still. If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

The actual agendas of the two parties will have almost noting to do with results. Remember that in 2016 the Republican Party refused to even have a party platform.

What will matter are some outside influences; a third party candidate, news and disinformation during the thirty days or so before voting, the ability between now and the 2024 election for local groups to hijack control of voting policy at local levels.

Looking at the evidence the Trump/GOP machine seems to have the distinct advantage and between financing and encouraging third party challenges like Manchin and the "No Labels" carny blowoff and local county level voter control and manipulation and poll watchers may well become THE determining factor in the election.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

Jim Jordan demands Jack Smith hand over Trump indictment documents

House Oversight Committee members James Comer (R-KY), Jim Jordan (R-OH) and Anna Paulina Luna (R-FL) signed a letter demanding “all documents and communications” between Smith’s office and Justice Department pertaining to Trump.

"It’s time Jack Smith and the DOJ answer to Congress," Luna wrote on X. "Jack has until December 15 to provide me, along with @RepJamesComer and @Jim_Jordan , with ALL communications and documents about indicting @realDonaldTrump and where he got his authority to do so.""

The documents requested include information about his ability to summon grand juries in Washington D.C. and Florida and grant immunity to witnesses, and accuses Smith of overstepping prosecutorial bounds.

"The Supreme Court has consistently overturned criminal convictions against public officials and private parties based upon broad theories of prosecution brought under general criminal statutes," the letter reads.

"Yet you have used just such a theory in your prosecution of President Trump."

Smith is the chief prosecutor behind two criminal indictments against Trump: one accusing the former president of election interference in Washington D.C. and another of illegally holding onto classified documents in Florida.
Full article:https://www.rawstory.com/jordan-smith-trump-demand/

Gym Jordan(R-OH), James Comer (R-KY), and Anna Paulina Luna (R-FL) will stoop to new lows to try and protect their blessed leader. Just muddying the water and trying to delay along with winning point and Favors from TOS if he is elected.
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Maybe they are stupid enough to think they have the power to interfere in an ongoing investigation and prosecution. Or they are smart enough (or they listen to smarter advisers) to know they will lose in the courts and even the SCOTUS won't let them, BUT, yet again, it's a way to delay, delay, delay and try to get TOS elected, in the WH, then all his legal troubles go away when he crowns himself King Donald the First of His Name.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Stall, Stall, Stall then ignore.

Gish Gallop. Toss out some utter nonsense that the opponent needs to research and then counter and ignore the response and toss out another absurdity.

It has been the primary tactic of the Christian Cult of Ignorance and perfected in the support or Young Earth Creationism.

It was good enough for Moses and it's good enough for me!
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

'We have so much evidence': Trump says he wants judges to let him relitigate 2020 election

Donald Trump on Saturday said he hopes judges will let the 2020 election "be prosecuted" in court, bragging that he and his legal team have "so much evidence" that the election was stolen from him for President Joe Biden.

The former president was speaking in the Iowa city of Ankeny when he started talking about how he believes the 2020 election was "rigged." He said he believed that in part because he was told he would win if he hit certain metrics, and that he hit those but lost anyway.

He then started talking about the criminal charges he's facing in connection with the 2020 election, saying he hopes to bring election fraud evidence into court.

"If the judges allow us --- somebody's gotta allow this thing to be prosecuted," Trump said at his campaign event. "We wanna show how we won the election, not for the purposes of... what we want to do, is we want to win this one that's coming up because it's a lot simpler. Think to the future. But you have to learn from history. If you don't learn from history, you're a fool."

He then transitioned back to the 2020 election and the evidence he purportedly has.

"So I hope that's going to happen because we have so much evidence. We know it and they know it. The only thing they don't want to talk about is the election because they're guilty as hell," he claimed. "They cheated."
https://www.rawstory.com/trump-2020-re ... -evidence/

He has so much evidence, in his wet dreams. He is sleeping, on the pillow guys pillows and get those weird dreams. If he really had evidence then it would already be before the courts and cases dismissed. Actually the real,evidence points to him being convicted and sentenced to hard time.
Last edited by TrueTexan on Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Donald Trump Headed 'Directly to Conviction' for Jan. 6: Legal Analyst

Trump has consistently argued that he is protected by "presidential immunity" from any charges in connection with the 2020 election, because he was still president at the time of the allegedly illegal offenses. But that argument was shot down Friday, both in a civil case and then by Judge Chutkan in Special Counsel Jack Smith's prosecution in D.C.

After the civil decision, Tribe made a prediction:

"This is why we can confidently expect Judge Chutkan to reject Mr. Trump’s immunity defense in his DC trial for criminally trying to overturn the election and seize power, a trial in which I fully expect him to be convicted, thereby losing much of his current support in the polls," Tribe wrote early Friday.

After Chutkan's decision was handed down, Tribe took a victory lap on social media.

"The prediction I made 2 hours ago proved right more quickly than I expected: Trump is now headed directly to conviction in DC for corruptly plotting to upend the Constitution’s system for transferring the executive power to the winner of the quadrennial presidential election," Tribe wrote later Friday.
https://www.rawstory.com/trump-directly-to-conviction/

TOS Don’t pass go. Don’t collect $200.00 Go directly to jail.

One of Trump's co defendants in the Georgia case just threatened a witness in fairly start and unequivocal terms.

From a Salon.com article:

"Trevian Kutti, a former publicist for Kanye West who was charged in the case for allegedly pressuring election worker Ruby Freeman to admit to baseless fraud allegations, appeared to threaten Freeman in a potential violation of her bond agreement during an Instagram Live session flagged by the liberal outlet Medias Touch.

"Everybody’s alive. There’s no murder weapon. As a matter of fact, there’s a woman sitting somewhere who knows this whole thing is a lie,” Kutti said in an apparent reference to Freeman. “Who knows I never did anything to her. Who knows I never. Who knows she begged me for help. There’s a woman sitting somewhere who knows that I’m going to fuck her whole life up when this is done.”

I wonder if she'll be shown the same deference Trump has so far enjoyed or if they'll consider this a violation of her bond.
www.schayden.com

An illuminating historical perspective that resonates today, on the indictment of and failure to convict Jefferson Davis of treason. The 14th Amendment and impeachment of Andrew Johnson both played significant roles in the trial, but this parallel is the one that makes my blood run cold.
“More than six years having elapsed since the last hostile gun was fired between the armies then arrayed against each other,” Ulysses S. Grant told Congress in 1871, “it may well be considered whether it is not now time that the disabilities imposed by the Fourteenth Amendment should be removed.” Over the objections of the first Black members of Congress, Congress voted for a general amnesty.
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2023 ... -president

Looking ahead.

In the article, published on The Atlantic's website on December 4, Frum warns that a dangerous "constitutional crisis" may await the U.S. in 2025.
'Unthinkable': Conservative warns US could suffer most 'terrible constitutional crisis' since the Civil War

"By Election Day 2024," Frum warns, "Donald Trump will be in the thick of multiple criminal trials…. A second Trump term would instantly plunge the country into a constitutional crisis more terrible than anything seen since the Civil War. Even in the turmoil of the 1960s, even during the Great Depression, the country had a functional government with the president as its head. But the government cannot function with an indicted or convicted criminal as its head."

Frum continues, "The president would be an outlaw, or on his way to becoming an outlaw. For his own survival, he would have to destroy the rule of law."

The former George W. Bush speechwriter goes on to describe the actions Trump would be likely to take if he returns to the White House.

"From Trump himself and the people around him," Frum explains, "we have a fair idea of a second Trump Administration's immediate priorities: (1) Stop all federal and state cases against Trump, criminal and civil. (2) Pardon and protect those who tried to overturn the 2020 election on Trump's behalf. (3) Send the Department of Justice into action against Trump adversaries and critics. (4) End the independence of the civil service and fire federal officials who refuse to carry out Trump's commands. (5) If these lawless actions ignite protests in American cities, order the military to crush them."

The Never Trumper continues, "A restored Trump would lead the United States into a landscape of unthinkable scenarios. Will the Senate confirm Trump nominees who were chosen because of their willingness to help the president lead a coup against the U.S. government? Will the staff of the Justice Department resign? Will people march in the streets? Will the military obey or refuse orders to suppress demonstrations? The existing constitutional system has no room for the subversive legal maneuvers of a criminal in chief."
https://www.alternet.org/trump-engoron-2666446755/

The dream government of the Rightwing. We don't need no stinkin' Constitution, We are the Repugs and we make up the rules and laws that suit us as we go along.