Pat Robertson died at 93.

to the global Christian Broadcasting Network, tried a run for president and helped make religion central to Republican Party politics in America through his Christian Coalition, has died. He was 93. Robertson’s death Thursday was confirmed in an email by his broadcasting network. No cause was given.

Robertson’s enterprises also included Regent University, an evangelical Christian school in Virginia Beach; the American Center for Law and Justice, which defends the First Amendment rights of religious people; and Operation Blessing, an international humanitarian organization.

For more than a half-century, Robertson was a familiar presence in American living rooms, known for his “700 Club” television show, and in later years, his televised pronouncements of God’s judgment, blaming natural disasters on everything from homosexuality to the teaching of evolution.
https://apnews.com/article/pat-robertso ... 545cac793e
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: Pat Robertson died at 93.

To paraphrase Dorothy Parker, "how could they tell?"

Just about every picture of him that I've seen over the last couple decades featured a facial expression one associates with evacuating a large smelly fecal mass, which fits well with most of what he had to say about the world.

In short, I've always found him to be over-filled with fecal matter.

I'm told it's not nice to celebrate the passing of public figures, but I'm certainly not going to mourn.
Eventually I'll figure out this signature thing and decide what I want to put here.

May the racist, misogynist, anti-Semitic christo-fascist burn in the Hell I don't believe in!

I will NEVER forgive the SOB for what he said after 9-11. My home is 25 miles west of the Twin Towers. Everyone either knew someone lost, or knew someone who lost somebody that day. We had a live-in nanny then and she lost 4 members of her church. Everyone in this area was personally wounded, but all the prick could do was say we were being punished for not following HIS variant radical Southern Baptist cult dogma.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

I hear ya, YankeeTarheel. I don't think I lost anyone I knew that day, but I did lose a piece of my confidence in the world at large.

I had lost confidence in any variation of the religion he claimed to represent decades before.
Eventually I'll figure out this signature thing and decide what I want to put here.

I don’t wish to speak ill of anyone who has just passed but for someone as influential as Robertson to say as many ignorant and divisive things makes me believe he paid less attention to the spiritual growth of others and more on the material elevation for himself (including fame & power). And that, by definition, describes more of a grifter than a religious leader.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Bisbee wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:04 pm I don’t wish to speak ill of anyone who has just passed but for someone as influential as Robertson to say as many ignorant and divisive things makes me believe he paid less attention to the spiritual growth of others and more on the material elevation for himself (including fame & power). And that, by definition, describes more of a grifter than a religious leader.
Yah think?

Grifters who pose as religious men do deserve a one-way ticket to the version of hell they employ to scare others.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

I'll shed the same amount of tears for Robertson as he would for me - which is zilch!! Great month for this POS to go bye bye !! Wish he'd take the orange putz with him !
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

cooper wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:56 pm I mean. Happy Pride Month. Am I right?
Awesomeness!!!

I like the suggestion that the Canadian fires were really Hell opening its doors to admit Pat Robertson.
I don't believe it, but I like it!

Tangentially, can someone explain to me how the Devil can embrace Evil, can seek to get "souls" to do evil, but when they get to Hell he then punishes them?
Shouldn't he celebrate them in death? Because if he punishes them, then he REALLY is on the side of Good. See? Christians have yet another oxymoron idea, just to scare (and fleece) the people.

Now the Greeks had a better idea of Hades, the God of the Dead. Hades dispensed JUSTICE. The good when to the Elysian Fields and the evil were punished.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."