Re: Orange spirochete indictment thread

sig230 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:31 am Even if he were indicted today it is unlikely a trial could be concluded before November 2024. Until he is found guilty and all the appeals are concluded he will continue to campaign.

An an indictment will solidify his power base making it a definite possibility that the gets elected as President.

And I am quite sure he already has ghost writers building his new book that will be titled "My Fight!"
A source might have leaked the indictment story to the Independent, because it's a British newspaper and leaking it to an American one could lead to prosecution for violating grand jury secrecy. It's a waiting game.

Yup Trump will use every delay tactic to make sure it doesn't get to trial before November 2024, if Trump is even nominated next summer by Republicans. This summer the Fulton County DA in GA is due to release indictments on Trump's attempt to interfere in the GA election in 2020.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

5 criminal indictments are waiting for him, possibly 6, or even 7, depending on how you count them.
1) NYC. Trump is facing charges of not just illegal campaign fund use, but also conspiracy to obstruct. That's 2
2) Fani Willis is looking at both election interference and RICO--that's 2 more.
3) Jack Smith is looking at Jan 6 in DC.
4) Smith is looking at the documents in DC as well as...
5) Looking at the documents in Mar-a-Lago, but #4 & #5 may be combined.

Then, of course, there are the civil suits....
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

As Jack Smith, a special counsel for the Justice Department, closes in on the end of an investigation into former President Donald Trump’s possession of hundreds of classified documents, his team has made use of the work of another special counsel who previously investigated Trump’s ties to Russia, according to a person familiar with the investigation. A lengthy section of the Mueller Report, which examined ties between Russia and Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign, has been instructive to the current inquiry’s prosecutors, who are viewing Trump’s actions around federal requests to return the classified documents as part of a broader pattern, the person said. Robert Mueller, a former director of the FBI, released his highly anticipated report in April 2019, shortly after then-Attorney General William Barr released a short summary of the report that was viewed by many in hindsight as downplaying the report’s findings.
Prosecutors have looked closely at Section II of the Mueller report, titled “Factual Results of the Obstruction Investigation.” That 142-page section goes into vivid detail, with extensive footnotes and copies of emails and text messages, about Trump taking steps to thwart the work of federal prosecutors investigating Russia’s effort to influence the 2016 election.
It is unclear if the special counsel’s office has decided to use any material from Mueller’s investigation in building their case. There are limits to how prosecutors can use evidence from prior investigations. Called 404(b) evidence, information from a previous criminal investigation can be used to show a target’s motive, intent or that an action wasn’t a mistake or accident. But, under the Federal Rules of Evidence, prosecutors cannot submit evidence from previous bad actions in order to show that a person acted consistent with certain character traits.

The Mueller investigation would be helpful for prosecutors in learning how to deal with Trump, said a former federal prosecutor who worked on a similar case, and requested anonymity to speak more freely. But using evidence from the Mueller investigation or pointing out sections of the Mueller Report to grand jurors could be an unnecessary tangent, given how heated the political debate around Mueller’s investigation became. “Any association with Mueller is not going to be helpful for Jack Smith,” the former prosecutor said.
https://time.com/6285723/trump-classifi ... er-report/
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Considering all the dog whistles from Trump to his minions to riot, and his nasty name calling of prosecutors I call that the orange POS be held without bail. Besides him being a flight risk too.
The a-hole is outright trying to cause another insurrection.

Did anyone see his video today? He was almost in tears. LOL
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

:drunklep: Loving this. Indictment #2 with numerous counts; expect more to come over next few weeks. I'm giddy in a really good way !! :thumbup: :roflmao:

Cooper got his Thursday indictment - CONGRATS !!! lol
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Former president Donald Trump said Thursday night that he’s been charged by the Justice Department in connection with the discovery that hundreds of classified documents were taken to his Mar-a-Lago home after he left the White House — a widely anticipated but also seismic event in the nation’s political and legal history. Several Trump advisers confirmed the charges. Trump said he has been summoned to appear in federal court in Miami on Tuesday at 3 p.m. A seven-count indictment has been filed in federal court naming the former president as a criminal defendant, according to people familiar with the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe a case that has yet to be unsealed.

A spokesman for special counsel Jack Smith, who has been running the investigation since November, declined to comment. Trump has long insisted he did nothing wrong, and accused investigators of pursuing him for political reasons. The charges cap a high-stakes investigation that began in early 2022 and slowly built steam over the summer, until FBI agents conducted a court-ordered search of Trump’s home in early August which turned up 103 classified documents, even after Trump’s advisers had claimed they had conducted a diligent search in June for such papers and handed over all they could find.
https://archive.fo/sMts5#selection-591.0-691.196

Trump is saying it, no comment from US DOJ or Jack Smith.

I would love for it to be J6 related rather than docs !! That would surprise the orange ahole and everyone else, too!! Seven counts - that's 27 less than Bragg's . LOL
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Like everyone else here, I am grinding my teeth over how slowly the investigation of 1/6 has gone. We may never get a conviction, but it would speak better of our justice system to at least try to hold him accountable for attempting to overthrow the Republic.

Espionage Act violations come pretty close though. It sent the Rosenbergs to the chair. I'll settle for the Hanssen treatment.

Charges are normally read at an arraignment, I assume Trump's 3 pm Tuesday appointment at the federal courthouse in Miami is his arraignment on the 7 charges. We'll probably also find out who the US District judge is who will preside over the FL trial.

Jack Smith's DC grand jury could have taken testimony for these charges, but that grand jury could also be investigating Trump's J6 involvement. Be patient, Jack Smith and his DOJ lawyers want a very solid case.

YankeeTarheel wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:02 pm 5 criminal indictments are waiting for him, possibly 6, or even 7, depending on how you count them.
1) NYC. Trump is facing charges of not just illegal campaign fund use, but also conspiracy to obstruct. That's 2
2) Fani Willis is looking at both election interference and RICO--that's 2 more.
3) Jack Smith is looking at Jan 6 in DC.
4) Smith is looking at the documents in DC as well as...
5) Looking at the documents in Mar-a-Lago, but #4 & #5 may be combined.

Then, of course, there are the civil suits....
Yup don't get how anybody cold still be a trump fan. Anybody on the fence about trump(altho not sure how anybody could be)...re-watch the Access Hollywood tape then the video of the attempted coup, violent insurrection...
Considering all the dog whistles from Trump to his minions to riot, and his nasty name calling of prosecutors I call that the orange POS be held without bail. Besides him being a flight risk too.
The a-hole is outright trying to cause another insurrection.
But violence by who against whom? Not really a 'target', like the capital nor a 'certification', like the election. Just a big, violent riot somewhere? That will certainly not sway Jack Smith. trump is desperate, great to see.

If Judge Aileen Cannon gets this case, it's a slam dunk for turd freedom. I really get slapped in the face with the irony of turd or his acolytes talking about "Weaponizing" DoJ to go after him. No one since Nixon has ever used DoJ as wrongly as DJT. Anyone supporting this POS has to have mental problems or an intense hatred of democracy. I reiterate that the single worst thing in our entire national history was the election of turd as POTUS.

Wino wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:34 am If Judge Aileen Cannon gets this case, it's a slam dunk for turd freedom. I really get slapped in the face with the irony of turd or his acolytes talking about "Weaponizing" DoJ to go after him. No one since Nixon has ever used DoJ as wrongly as DJT. Anyone supporting this POS has to have mental problems or an intense hatred of democracy. I reiterate that the single worst thing in our entire national history was the election of turd as POTUS.
Cannon got slapped down on her rulings in the Maraloco warrants case. She lost at the 11th Circuit and two of the judges on that three just panel there IIRC, were Trump appointees. Looks like there are 27 judges in the US District Court for the Southern District of FL, courts usually randomly assign judges. Trump will probably try to get a judge recused that he doesn't like.

Lots of traffic on other firearm related boards about the indictment and all universally saying the indictment is simply political and meant to draw attention away from the Biden crime family.

Unfortunately but as expected, the indictments have only solidified support from his base.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

I suspect any solidification taking place is a diminishing number of support base for this POS. The diehards will never change, but others will. I can't imagine any one having empathy for turd and what he has brought on himself and the damage done to this nation.

sig230 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:03 am Lots of traffic on other firearm related boards about the indictment and all universally saying the indictment is simply political and meant to draw attention away from the Biden crime family.

Unfortunately but as expected, the indictments have only solidified support from his base.
That was always the risk in prosecuting Trump, it would make Trump into a martyr and he'll play that card until his last breath. Reports are that after Trump released a video last night about the indictments, his campaign sent e-mails to donors asking for money. All the indictments and trials could backfire on Democrats and both chambers of Congress could end up in Republican hands in 2024. The precedent has been set, in the future we'll see former presidents of either party indicted and tried in state and federal courts.

Former French president Nicolas Sarkozy was sentenced to 3 years for corruption, the first time a former French president was prosecuted. He won't go to prison, he'll be on house arrest with electronic monitoring. His case is on appeal.

highdesert wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:27 am Former French president Nicolas Sarkozy was sentenced to 3 years for corruption, the first time a former French president was prosecuted. He won't go to prison, he'll be on house arrest with electronic monitoring. His case is on appeal.
That is the ideal situation for the country. TOS in House Arrest at Mar-A- Loco with a shock collar, that activates if he tries to leave and electronic monitoring. that forbids him from leaving. Also no electronic commucations allow except one TV that is locked onto the golf channel. Limited visitors to one lawyer and Melania and only with guards present at all times. Also no Big Macs.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,