Re: Henry BigBoy X-broken firing pin

That's frustrating F4. I don't have a Henry. My buddy went to a tactical lever gun course. Apparently that's a thing. Anyway, lots more shooting than one would normally do with a lever gun in a short amount of time. All of the Henry's were problematic, he says, and several required the on-site gunsmith. Rest of the rifles were good to go for the high volume shooting.

I'm not bashing Henry. They are very nice guns. And these were being used outside the usual scope of lever gun usage. Like hundreds of rounds, I think. But they are increasingly being marketed for this kind of use. Not the typical old 30-30 that gets used once a year for deer hunting.

I've got a Henry 22lr and it is nothing but great to shoot. Henry's customer service is well regarded.

cooper wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:01 am That's frustrating F4. I don't have a Henry. My buddy went to a tactical lever gun course. Apparently that's a thing. Anyway, lots more shooting than one would normally do with a lever gun in a short amount of time. All of the Henry's were problematic, he says, and several required the on-site gunsmith. Rest of the rifles were good to go for the high volume shooting.

I'm not bashing Henry. They are very nice guns. And these were being used outside the usual scope of lever gun usage. Like hundreds of rounds, I think. But they are increasingly being marketed for this kind of use. Not the typical old 30-30 that gets used once a year for deer hunting.

I've got a Henry 22lr and it is nothing but great to shoot. Henry's customer service is well regarded.
A google-foo does show these having some 'issues'. Very disappointing and not high usage. Not slamming it, trying to shoot all tacticool-esque. Just plinking.

If this one does brakes again, he'll fix and trade for some other lever 38/357..cuz levers are fun.

cooper wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:49 pm Here's hoping it's the last fix for that rifle. As you said -- levers are fun, and 38/357 is a great recreational chambering for it. If he has more trouble, I bet he would come out ahead trading in a used functioning Henry and getting a new Rossi. I've been happy with mine.
Yup, he'll definitely trade it for another lever..Great fun at the range, until it broke...

Well if he decides to get rid of it there’s a line of people who want the .357 X model. Given how uniquely popular this model is; I wouldn’t be surprised that QC hasn’t suffered a bit? However, Henry has a sterling reputation for warranty service … my brother just had his .45/70 sent back from the recall with a $50 gift certificate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F4FEver wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 8:31 am Went shooting yesterday...son has Henry X in 38/357...broke firing pin for the second time. Back to Henry..anybody else have this issue?
Shipped about a week ago, enroute back today..really fast but that tells me this is a known problem with these...hope it's a better firing pin.

New bolt assembly complete and new feed ramp.
Last edited by F4FEver on Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

F4FEver wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:36 am
F4FEver wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 8:31 am Went shooting yesterday...son has Henry X in 38/357...broke firing pin for the second time. Back to Henry..anybody else have this issue?
Shipped about a week ago, enroute back today..really fast but that tells me this is a known problem with these...hope it's a better firing pin.
Excellent. Everyone raves about Henry's customer service.