Re: Let's see and talk revolvers.

YankeeTarheel wrote:
cooper wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 10:04 pm Very nice revolvers. I chuckled at the "...no wonder they lost so many wars." That little island ruled the world--they punched above their weight for a very long time...to the detriment of many.
It was sea power, built up during the reign of Elizabeth I. 150 years later Britain dominated the seas.
The City-State of Venice was incredible powerful because of its sea power.
Yup. Pretty much all dominant hegemonic states throughout history have been sea powers (with a few exceptions.).

But to topic - I think we let’s have that old school Victorian steam punk charm. I hate the manual safety though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

INVICTVS138 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 1:36 pm
YankeeTarheel wrote:
cooper wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 10:04 pm Very nice revolvers. I chuckled at the "...no wonder they lost so many wars." That little island ruled the world--they punched above their weight for a very long time...to the detriment of many.
It was sea power, built up during the reign of Elizabeth I. 150 years later Britain dominated the seas.
The City-State of Venice was incredible powerful because of its sea power.
Yup. Pretty much all dominant hegemonic states throughout history have been sea powers (with a few exceptions.).

But to topic - I think we let’s have that old school Victorian steam punk charm. I hate the manual safety though!

The added safety is only on the Singapore Police guns. Not sure why.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

If you zoom, you can see where I took the ceramic hone for my kitchen knives and took the sharp corners and edges off the hammer spur. Also, now that I notice, Rule One: a gun is always loaded. The accursed rimmed cartridge. But the double action revolver in .357 is in my opinion the superior self defense weapon, especially with rounded hammer spur.

Here's the Vaquero, same place, different time.
vaquerotopcrop1.jpg
CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Henry Revolvers

Brand new, kinda pricey, Thunderer grip option too. SA/DA..Swing out cylinders..

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/henr ... -nra-2023/

I considered selling/trading my Beretta/Uberti Stampede, with 'Thunderer' grip but decided to not. SAO, gate fed unique and I have a more 'modern' revolver, 686/7, that cost $600(used)...

Talked to a LGS and altho they are listed with distributors, non in circulation yet..
Last edited by F4FEver on Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Henry Revolver with the birds head style grip is positively yummy. Not likely to run out and grab one/order one but if I run into one at the LGS/Range I might be in trouble.

VooDoo
Tyrants disarm the people they intend to oppress.

I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Mmmmmm. Yum. My Wife has 2 LCRx 3" revolvers in .38 and I hand load for them as they are her heart throbs.

She needs 2 of them because a neighbor was down in her basement doing laundry and someone(s) kicked the front door in and were searching the house for loot and all she could think of was "I'm trapped in the basement with no phone and no weapons!!" Luckily she survived unscathed but my Wife has a phone and a revolver with speed loader hidden in the laundry. One for her bedside/carry - one to sit hidden in reserve.

Gaad I love that Girl. Hope is not a Plan. Gaad help the asshole that kicks the door in and finds her in the basement.

VooDoo

I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
Attachments
LCRx.38.jpg

Ohhh Maaannn.....I told Mama about this and now she wants a gold LCRx. Told me I can sell one of them to fund the gold one. Titanium Nitride? No, *WaIt!*

"Oh Honey! Is it real Gold?"

"Of course it is, Lambie Pie. Nothings to good for you!" :roflmao:

VooDoo

sig230 wrote:Today's Heavy Metal. The 1965 S&W Model 28 "Highway Patrolman" that I bought while in California in late 1967 or early 1968.
28-in-Azula.jpg
Yeah - I love it & the gun leather. I make almost all my holsters In the “pancake” style.

S&W m28 has been on my list for quite a while.

INVICTVS138 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:35 am
sig230 wrote:Today's Heavy Metal. The 1965 S&W Model 28 "Highway Patrolman" that I bought while in California in late 1967 or early 1968.

28-in-Azula.jpg
Yeah - I love it & the gun leather. I make almost all my holsters In the “pancake” style.

S&W m28 has been on my list for quite a while.

I found yet another Box of Shame in the guest bedroom store room and I'll be going through it to see what other forgotten gems might be buried among the dregs.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

I see that Ruger has released a version of the Wrangler with two cylinders--one for .22LR, the other for .22WMR.

I'm given to wonder whether the cylinder for .22WMR would fit/function in my Wrangler with the bird's head grip. I may have to ask next time I'm at my local gun merchant...
Eventually I'll figure out this signature thing and decide what I want to put here.