Re: How’s the weather

TrueTexan wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:34 am Sorry to hear about the AC. We had warmer days here spring has arrived.
Sad part both system were top of the line and installed 2 years ago. Didn’t expect them to start having issues this early.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Sorry to hear of your a/c problems, I remember when you had them installed you posted a picture of them. Curious, what brand are the a/c units, I'll have to replace mine eventually and I want to know if there are any brands to avoid. A/c isn't an option where I live.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:47 pm Sorry to hear of your a/c problems, I remember when you had them installed you posted a picture of them. Curious, what brand are the a/c units, I'll have to replace mine eventually and I want to know if there are any brands to avoid. A/c isn't an option where I live.
It was or should’ve been a good brand, Trane. Once the sensors or whatever else is wrong I’ll let y’all know. Hope this won’t be a reoccurring problem. Being in a modern house in Houston without AC isn’t very viable either, not long term anyway.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:53 pm
highdesert wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:47 pm Sorry to hear of your a/c problems, I remember when you had them installed you posted a picture of them. Curious, what brand are the a/c units, I'll have to replace mine eventually and I want to know if there are any brands to avoid. A/c isn't an option where I live.
It was or should’ve been a good brand, Trane. Once the sensors or whatever else is wrong I’ll let y’all know. Hope this won’t be a reoccurring problem. Being in a modern house in Houston without AC isn’t very viable either, not long term anyway.
Yep, there is a historical name for places like that, sweatshops.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

sikacz wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:53 pm
Yes, Trane, Carrier, Lennox, Rheem ...all reliable US manufacturers. Mine is a Bryant which is owned by Carrier. You're located basically on the Gulf and summer heat and humidity must be unbearable without a/c.
https://www.forbes.com/home-improvement ... ng-brands/
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:50 pm
sig230 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:39 pm Yeah but he lives way up north near the arctic.
LOL, you mean he's at the artic end of the Gulf Coast, instead of the equatorial end of the Gulf Coast where you live.
LoL. I’m looking into rain and cloud dances….

Just had a message from my SIL. They live in North Logan, Utah. Utah set a new record for the amount of snowpack. The last front that moved through this week dropped another foot of wet snow on top of what was already there. They are forecasting more snow in the mountains through April.I told her that the skiers should be happy. She pointed out the heavy wet snow they just got on top of the powder snow is very dangerous for avalanches. she said last year on this date it was 74F today it is 36F.

Today we are suppose to be 75F
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Going to be a warm sunny day, mid 80’s projected. AC tech said the parts are in and I have an appointment on Monday. Hopefully the sensors are the only issue. I’m a bit pessimistic that there’s something else wrong as well.

Cloudy day, but one of our systems is supposed to be totally fixed other works but needs a vacuum sensor. Seven days on the part. Glad the larger unit works though. Shall see how long.

I'm just hoping that we get a gradual warming and not heat waves. It was in the low 30s this morning when I was walking, I looked up at the mountains and there is still a lot of snow up there. High maybe 50F today, I'm fine with it.

We didn’t get the severe weather that hit the Midwest and south. We just get lots of dust from west Texas

The Governor of Kentucky declared a state of emergency a few hours ago. It is predicted to be worse than the storm we had a few weeks ago that killed 5 people, one of whom was in my neighborhood.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Yes stay safe, the crazy weather continues. Earlier in the week we had very high winds and an ugly storm that passed over, not gray rain clouds but black clouds. Thursday we had frost in the morning and low 20s temps and it's spring.