Re: 6 dead in Nashville school shooting, the shooter is female.

26
Bisbee wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:55 pm There’s a reason I stayed silent on this shooting. Regarding the shooter, I am honestly stumped. This tragedy is a whole bag of FUBAR such that White Cristian Conservatives playing the victim card from evil Liberals couldn’t have planned this better (unless the mass killer attacked everyone with a long sushi knife).

And to think I worried for a small second about the fallout for the Asian community over the double mass shootings in California.
Usually the victims are Black, Latino, Asian, LGBTQ+, Jews, Sikhs, Middle-class Liberals, but I don't remember a "Christian" school being shot up before.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Re: 6 dead in Nashville school shooting, the shooter is female.

27
There have been shootings at Christian churches before. A Taiwanese Presbyteriian Church was attacked by a Mainland Chinese shooter. I don’t recall any rhetoric by the GQP against Communists at the time, nor much “prayers” for the victims by white Christians. Republican state representative, Young Kim, simply said there is no place in society for any type of hate and the community needed to stand together…
-Yeah, thanks for that.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_La ... s_shooting
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Re: 6 dead in Nashville school shooting, the shooter is female.

28
Not that it matters, but read the shooter was transgender. I’m not clear of origin to now. Name used was female, picture shown female, but pronouns male. I’m wondering in which direction the individual was transitioning to and hormones they might have been on? Was this an assigned female at birth on hormone replacement therapy with testosterone? Medical history since parents were of the opinion that they should not have had access to guns. I’m wondering why?
Image
Image

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Re: 6 dead in Nashville school shooting, the shooter is female.

32
featureless wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:17 pm The ugly truth is 3 9 year olds were slaughtered and 3 adults in premeditated fashion. There is no past history of mistreatment or misunderstanding that justifies that.
Don’t think there is. Simply want to get a clear picture not justifications. The media is not clear and confusing as always.
Image
Image

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Re: 6 dead in Nashville school shooting, the shooter is female.

34
sikacz wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:48 pm
featureless wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:17 pm The ugly truth is 3 9 year olds were slaughtered and 3 adults in premeditated fashion. There is no past history of mistreatment or misunderstanding that justifies that.
Don’t think there is. Simply want to get a clear picture not justifications. The media is not clear and confusing as always.
I know that.

I must admit, I'm miffed at the apologies for using the wrong gender and deadname by some of the media groups out there. Really? Kid killers don't deserve any respect in my book. I don't give a shit what orientation, race, class, gender or otherwise. Can someone explain to me why my gut is wrong on that?

Re: 6 dead in Nashville school shooting, the shooter is female.

35
featureless wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:02 am
sikacz wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:48 pm
featureless wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:17 pm The ugly truth is 3 9 year olds were slaughtered and 3 adults in premeditated fashion. There is no past history of mistreatment or misunderstanding that justifies that.
Don’t think there is. Simply want to get a clear picture not justifications. The media is not clear and confusing as always.
I know that.

I must admit, I'm miffed at the apologies for using the wrong gender and deadname by some of the media groups out there. Really? Kid killers don't deserve any respect in my book. I don't give a shit what orientation, race, class, gender or otherwise. Can someone explain to me why my gut is wrong on that?
I just see it as sloppy reporting. Personally think all naming of perpetrators ought to be left out, but information given simple and clear. A killer any killer doesn’t deserve respect or any fame. Their manifestos should certainly not see the light of day. My interest is not to correct or respect the individual just an academic interest. Since this case has possible medical treatment issues I would like to understand if there was a way to prevent this individual from going down this path. This will unfortunately put a whole group of people under a spotlight. To prevent injustice to those that had nothing to do with this we need to understand this individual and why it happened if we can. I don’t think your gut is wrong, respect is not deserved for this individual, but clarity and information is needed to protect the innocent.
Image
Image

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Re: 6 dead in Nashville school shooting, the shooter is female.

38
featureless wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:17 pm The ugly truth is 3 9 year olds were slaughtered and 3 adults in premeditated fashion. There is no past history of mistreatment or misunderstanding that justifies that.
I'm not saying it's justified, because it never is. Let's be clear about that.

It's questioning what lead them to be SO motivated to such rage and fury they were willing to slaughter 9 year olds and former teachers.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Re: 6 dead in Nashville school shooting, the shooter is female.

39
Biden's mantra about banning AWs sounds more like what Trump would say, rather than a politician who is presenting new solutions. It's like he's given up, his way or he washes his hands of the problem.

Shooters/killers are white, black, Latin and Asian, male and female, straight and LGBT, young and old. They've taken human life needlessly, it's not self defense. There is no doubt that mental health is a factor in many shootings, but that doesn't excuse the murders they have committed. In the end law abiding gun owners will get tarred like they are potential mass murderers, anti-gunners and Democratic politicians will use every tactic to try and shame us into surrendering our firearms. Like Biden, anti-gunner have only one solution.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: 6 dead in Nashville school shooting, the shooter is female.

40
highdesert wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:40 am Biden's mantra about banning AWs sounds more like what Trump would say, rather than a politician who is presenting new solutions. It's like he's given up, his way or he washes his hands of the problem.

Shooters/killers are white, black, Latin and Asian, male and female, straight and LGBT, young and old. They've taken human life needlessly, it's not self defense. There is no doubt that mental health is a factor in many shootings, but that doesn't excuse the murders they have committed. In the end law abiding gun owners will get tarred like they are potential mass murderers, anti-gunners and Democratic politicians will use every tactic to try and shame us into surrendering our firearms. Like Biden, anti-gunner have only one solution.
His comments are typical of the type individual he is. Recall his statement to any potential voter that questioned his policies and stated positions, “vote for the other guy”. It’s his way or the highway, he has no capacity to reevaluate a position he holds. That is an unacceptable trait in a president or any voted office holder.
Image
Image

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Re: 6 dead in Nashville school shooting, the shooter is female.

41
Hiker wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:19 am My prediction is that the Repulsicans will use this to get all trans and non-binary people declared mentally ill, and therefore should not have access to firearms or firearm rights.
Hawley the traitor is already wanting this to be investigated as a 'hate crime', undoubtedly because she identified as 'Trans'. I guess he's OK with some white guy killing Asian women, or black church goers, those aren't 'hate crimes'. What an ass, hawley

Re: 6 dead in Nashville school shooting, the shooter is female.

42
featureless wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:40 am
F4FEver wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:12 am
sikacz wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:06 pm And biden immediately responds with calls to pass “my AWB”, what an ass.
You all single issue voters better get ahead of this..

An ass, eh? Did you call trump and an 'ass' when he called for 21yo minimum age, RFL, UBC? How about his bump stock ban?
Didn't think so.
I guess it's a better idea to turn your back on pissed off moms and dads and just shrug...'oh well...root causes'.....that's almost as bad as 'thought and prayers'.
Is 3 9yo dead, is that the price you pay for the 2A? Where did she get he guns? Maybe we ought to ask that question but yup, better not, that 'infringes' on the 2A, eh?

Neutrality damages the oppressed....If the GOP candidate makes the 2A their number one priority, but still believed in the big lie.....you would vote for them no doubt..even if they were a traitor..sad....
Sika needs no defense from me, but I guarantee he raged at Trump.

I understand your frustration. We all feel the grief and loss at these events. I'll caution you that many of the restrictions I believe you'd like to see imposed (guessing though, as I don't often see you propose solutions -- and that is not intended as a dig) won't solve the problem and will unnecessarily restrict access by law abiding. It's a tricky balance, and one that was done at the writing of the 2A, but when we restrict rights to accommodate criminal misuse of them, we lose freedom in all rights. And we give those willing to operate outside of the law a leg up. They know most of us will follow the law so the exploit those areas we don't tread.
You are eh? Seems his rage is directed at President Biden. His policies, his sound bites...His railing about Biden stopping russia attempts to invade and occupy a sovereign nation...Yet, ignoring the many ways Biden is trying to preserve the rights of women, trans people, anybody of color.
Comments like that just make think biden is too senile to hold office. He needs to have better control of those scattered random thoughts that percolate out of his pie hole.
His comments are typical of the type individual he is. Recall his statement to any potential voter that questioned his policies and stated positions, “vote for the other guy”. It’s his way or the highway, he has no capacity to reevaluate a position he holds.
I am all for UBC w/o private sales. 21yo minimum age. A well written and implemented RFLs. Somehow prevent a person with DOCUMENTED ager, violent 'thoughts and deeds' from easily buying 7 guns. Does that mean I may have to wait 3-4 days to get that AR? So what...I think 'life liberty and the pursuit of happiness is more important than whether or not I can buy an AR...

There are many, many places where "we restrict rights to accommodate criminal misuse"..not just guns.

Re: 6 dead in Nashville school shooting, the shooter is female.

44
sikacz wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:07 pm Not that it matters, but read the shooter was transgender. I’m not clear of origin to now. Name used was female, picture shown female, but pronouns male. I’m wondering in which direction the individual was transitioning to and hormones they might have been on? Was this an assigned female at birth on hormone replacement therapy with testosterone? Medical history since parents were of the opinion that they should not have had access to guns. I’m wondering why?
If it didn't matter to you, you wouldn't have mentioned it. 'Hormones'? Really..Josh Hawley school of post tragedy BS....

Oh no...you mean a more comprehensive and complete background check? 'Slippery slope' Not very 2A of you...Maybe an auto no for trans people..including those being threatened by death in Texass...ya know, their 'rights'?

Re: 6 dead in Nashville school shooting, the shooter is female.

45
F4FEver wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:01 am
You are eh? Seems his rage is directed at President Biden. His policies, his sound bites...His railing about Biden stopping russia attempts to invade and occupy a sovereign nation...Yet, ignoring the many ways Biden is trying to preserve the rights of women, trans people, anybody of color.
You do realize Biden is the president, yes? :) I don't subscribe to the notion that "dear leader is beyond reproach" no matter which party holds the office and this is very much not the "we love everything about Biden cuz he's a Democrat" gun club.

Universal background checks would not have stopped this. The guns were acquired legally. Adding voluntary mental health treatment to the list of disqualifiers would have serious negative consequences for an already shitty system. Can you imagine knowing you need mental health treatment but the first step to entry is waiving your 2A rights? For much of this country, that would bar them from ever seeking help. Then what you've created is a bunch of untreated gun owners. Sound better?

Re: 6 dead in Nashville school shooting, the shooter is female.

46
featureless wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:46 am
F4FEver wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:01 am
You are eh? Seems his rage is directed at President Biden. His policies, his sound bites...His railing about Biden stopping russia attempts to invade and occupy a sovereign nation...Yet, ignoring the many ways Biden is trying to preserve the rights of women, trans people, anybody of color.
You do realize Biden is the president, yes? :) I don't subscribe to the notion that "dear leader is beyond reproach" no matter which party holds the office and this is very much not the "we love everything about Biden cuz he's a Democrat" gun club.

Universal background checks would not have stopped this. The guns were acquired legally. Adding voluntary mental health treatment to the list of disqualifiers would have serious negative consequences for an already shitty system. Can you imagine knowing you need mental health treatment but the first step to entry is waiving your 2A rights? For much of this country, that would bar them from ever seeking help. Then what you've created is a bunch of untreated gun owners. Sound better?
Yes, as Lara Smith the spokesperson for the club reminds us, this is the Liberal Gun Club, not the Democratic Party's Gun Club. Liberal is a broad term just like conservative, we don't all agree on the same issues but we don't need to, because the Democratic Party doesn't run this club.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: 6 dead in Nashville school shooting, the shooter is female.

47
featureless wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:46 am
F4FEver wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:01 am
You are eh? Seems his rage is directed at President Biden. His policies, his sound bites...His railing about Biden stopping russia attempts to invade and occupy a sovereign nation...Yet, ignoring the many ways Biden is trying to preserve the rights of women, trans people, anybody of color.
You do realize Biden is the president, yes? :) I don't subscribe to the notion that "dear leader is beyond reproach" no matter which party holds the office and this is very much not the "we love everything about Biden cuz he's a Democrat" gun club.

Universal background checks would not have stopped this. The guns were acquired legally. Adding voluntary mental health treatment to the list of disqualifiers would have serious negative consequences for an already shitty system. Can you imagine knowing you need mental health treatment but the first step to entry is waiving your 2A rights? For much of this country, that would bar them from ever seeking help. Then what you've created is a bunch of untreated gun owners. Sound better?
I have to take issue with this. Yes, the guns were acquired legally...in Tennessee. Apparently, they bought a whole bunch of guns rapidly. Could they have gotten them in New Jersey so easily? No. Simply No.
UBCs DO need to be comprehensive and UNIVERSAL.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Re: 6 dead in Nashville school shooting, the shooter is female.

48
YT, are you saying there was no background check on the purchases? My understanding is they were through a store and would have been a background check. And all you need is one.

Just checked, all sources say legal purchased at gun stores, so federal FFL background check applied.

And a "whole bunch a guns quickly" has little to do with it. You only need one. There were apparently three on the body. Seeing 7 were purchased.

Re: 6 dead in Nashville school shooting, the shooter is female.

49
I diagree with sikacz about Biden's character and several other points I won't belabor, but I did want to highlight this:
sikacz wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:23 am Personally think all naming of perpetrators ought to be left out, but information given simple and clear. A killer any killer doesn’t deserve respect or any fame. T
I totally agree, and have often had the same thought! I'd go even further: We amend the social contract and media rules of engagement: If you commit a mass murder, your name will be scrubbed from every public record everywhere. If you wrote books, they'll be removed from the library. Your name will be taken off citations of articles you've written and awards you've won. Anything you ever did gets erased.

It wouldn't stop mass shootings, but I think, over time, it would put a significant dent in them. It would also demonstrate that all of us can agree about something, that we can actually work together, unite around a common purpose.

It would show that news outlets have a commitment to public welfare that transcends the profit motive.

Re: 6 dead in Nashville school shooting, the shooter is female.

50
SunRiseWest wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:15 pm I diagree with sikacz about Biden's character and several other points I won't belabor, but I did want to highlight this:
sikacz wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:23 am Personally think all naming of perpetrators ought to be left out, but information given simple and clear. A killer any killer doesn’t deserve respect or any fame. T
I totally agree, and have often had the same thought! I'd go even further: We amend the social contract and media rules of engagement: If you commit a mass murder, your name will be scrubbed from every public record everywhere. If you wrote books, they'll be removed from the library. Your name will be taken off citations of articles you've written and awards you've won. Anything you ever did gets erased.

It wouldn't stop mass shootings, but I think, over time, it would put a significant dent in them. It would also demonstrate that all of us can agree about something, that we can actually work together, unite around a common purpose.

It would show that news outlets have a commitment to public welfare that transcends the profit motive.
LoL. I agree on these points. Message to others, common ground is not impossible.
Image
Image

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CDFingers and 1 guest