Re: Santos - Help me understand

Santos may owe thousands in unpaid traffic violation fines and fees across 2 states

When he left for Washington, D.C., U.S. Rep. George Santos also appears to have left a string of unpaid traffic violation fines and fees in two states, including red light, double parking, and overtime parking citations totaling thousands of dollars.

The embattled serial liar and freshman New York GOP lawmaker “may owe more than $3,400 in unpaid citations, according to records from New York City and Florida,” CBS News reports.

Included in that total is $1,299.10 from Florida for toll violations that “racked up late fees and were ultimately sent to collections agencies.”

It appears that in November of 2016, as soon as he got his New York driver’s license after having one in Florida, a car previously ticket via a red light camera whose plates match one registered to Santos “began piling up citations in New York City — 29 in the next two and a half years, according to city government records, which do not identify the drivers of vehicles being ticketed.”
https://www.rawstory.com/santos-may-ow ... es-report/

Why hasn’t his driver license been suspended? Even that wouldn’t stop this fool from driving. His excuse would probably be that he doesn’t have to obey the laws as he is a congressman.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Suspended? it should be revoked. Did you know that if you drive an uninsured vehicle in New York, or even have active plates you haven't turned in and canceled the insurance, they PRESUME you are driving an uninsured vehicle, AND the penalty is a one year MANDATORY revocation of your driver's license. Not a suspension, a revocation. And no state will issue you a license if it's revoked in any other state. Because the insurance companies own New York (and NJ, too).
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

YankeeTarheel wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:21 am Suspended? it should be revoked. Did you know that if you drive an uninsured vehicle in New York, or even have active plates you haven't turned in and canceled the insurance, they PRESUME you are driving an uninsured vehicle, AND the penalty is a one year MANDATORY revocation of your driver's license. Not a suspension, a revocation. And no state will issue you a license if it's revoked in any other state. Because the insurance companies own New York (and NJ, too).
They have always been heinous. In '86 or so, you wouldn't get a third ticket. They would break into your car, hot-wire it, and drive it away because it was cheaper than towing it. I was stupid and paid the fine-- what the smart people (with old cars) did was let their cars be sold at auction and buy them back for less than the price of the tickets. There were guys at our poker game who basically did that because it was cheaper than renting garage space. I think that loophole got closed after a couple of years!

Also: As far as I'm concerned, anyone stupid enough to get 29 tickets in NYC in 2.5 years has no place in politics. I only had those three in NYC and only one ticket in 30+ years living in Los Angeles. It's not that hard! If you're that lazy and careless, you don't belong in public office.

Santos believes he is above the law and can just lie his way out off any trouble.
He makes TOS look perfectly logical and sane telling his lies.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

This is what happens when one doesn’t suffer consequences for bad actions. The acts become more brazen and careless. The guy is a sociopathic narcissist. He literally has never developed a conscience and lacks anything resembling a moral compass.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

TrueTexan wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:56 pm Santos believes he is above the law and can just lie his way out off any trouble.
He makes TOS look perfectly logical and sane telling his lies.
Seems to be the trending new normal in US politics.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Bisbee wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:45 pm This is what happens when one doesn’t suffer consequences for bad actions. The acts become more brazen and careless. The guy is a sociopathic narcissist. He literally has never developed a conscience and lacks anything resembling a moral compass.
He's a criminal with a criminal mind. Trump Redux.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

YankeeTarheel wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:21 am Suspended? it should be revoked. Did you know that if you drive an uninsured vehicle in New York, or even have active plates you haven't turned in and canceled the insurance, they PRESUME you are driving an uninsured vehicle, AND the penalty is a one year MANDATORY revocation of your driver's license. Not a suspension, a revocation. And no state will issue you a license if it's revoked in any other state. Because the insurance companies own New York (and NJ, too).
Every time I hear about NY especially NYC, it seems that politicians and bureaucrats there have declared another war on their residents. Everyone is a suspected criminal, so throw the book at them. CA is bad, but NY and NJ look a lot worse. CA, NY and NJ are the same, squeeze every dime out of residents in the form of fees and taxes, slimy politicians.

It's up to US DOJ and the Nassau County DA to file charges if they feel they have a good case. Santos has done a lot of sketchy things so they have a lot to review. I expect he'll play his "gay martyr card" which is totally bullshit, the other candidate Zimmerman was also gay and dumber than Santos.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

NYC is the greatest city on the east coast and I'm lucky as hell to have grown up there. The city and its people, both friends and enemies, prepared me well for the world we're living in today.

Guns are important-- and more important to me now that I'm older-- but they're not everything. There are other reasons to fall in love with a place.

Connecticut and Massachusetts have terrible gun laws, too.

I'd like to see a lot of those laws change, and I think they might within my lifetime. But not soon.