How to Watch the ‘Green Comet’ While You Still Can

Got my 1980's Celestron 4.5 inch ready!
How do I spot the green comet?
To catch the comet, look north.

This green comet is unusual because it’s well positioned near the North Star, which means most people in northern latitudes can see it. In fact, for anyone living in or above the continental United States, the comet is now visible all night long. That’s rare: Many comets are observable only in the evening or morning twilight because they’re hovering close to the sun.

But on Jan. 30, Comet C/2022 E3 (Z.T.F.) resided directly between the two stars at the end of the Big Dipper’s cup and Polaris, the North Star. Through Feb. 2, it is creeping along an imaginary line roughly parallel to the back of Ursa Major, also known as the Great Bear.

What equipment do I need?
Although this comet is technically visible to the unaided eye, it is likely that you will need a pair of binoculars.

“Even with relatively modest binoculars, the powdery, fuzzy or smoky character of the ‘star’ ought to make it clear it’s a comet,” Dr. Krupp said. And, their wide field of view helps you scan large areas of the sky at once.
The best bet to have clear skies will be in portions of Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin in the Midwest, the Southern Plains (including Texas), Southwest (including New Mexico) and the Central Rockies (including Colorado).

Is this my last chance?
https://www.nytimes.com/article/green-c ... =url-share
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”