Wisconsin Supreme Court candidate seeks permit to open gun range that serves booze

A conservative candidate for Wisconsin Supreme Court is seeking permits to open a gun range that also serves alcohol to patrons, reported Jezebel on Thursday.

"According to local news reports, Waukesha County Judge Jennifer Dorow, a conservative candidate, and her husband Brian, are developing an indoor gun range that would not only host weddings and other events, but would also serve alcohol," reported Susan Rinkunas. "The couple requested a Class B liquor license to sell beer and wine to members and guests in the 'clubhouse.' The range would also sell firearms and accessories on-site."

Per the report, they are assuring government officials they won't actually allow people to use the range after drinking.

"The Dorows said in city documents that they devised an 'alcohol safety policy' consisting of hand stamps to prevent members from entering the shooting range after drinking and a breathalyzer to be used on 'suspicious individuals.'"
https://www.rawstory.com/wisconsin-supreme-court/

If this isn’t trouble waiting to happen I don’t know what is. You don’t mix guns and alcohol.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: Wisconsin Supreme Court candidate seeks permit to open gun range that serves booze

I saw another article about that range. Personally I don't mix guns and alcohol ever. If they get their approvals from ABC and the county, then they assume liability. The media have hyped this in typical nanny way, they don't like it so it should be illegal for everyone.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: Wisconsin Supreme Court candidate seeks permit to open gun range that serves booze

highdesert wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:40 pm I saw another article about that range. Personally I don't mix guns and alcohol ever. If they get their approvals from ABC and the county, then they assume liability. The media have hyped this in typical nanny way, they don't like it so it should be illegal for everyone.
Yes. Not a fan of drinking and gun use. But, if they are packed and I don’t intend to touch them I don’t see a problem.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.