Interarms/Walther PPK/S

Surfacing from deep lurk mode...

So I recently moved back to my hometown of Eau Claire, Wisconsin. There's a gun store there that I find interesting. Not one to talk politics in (HAH!) but they have a decent selection, acceptable prices on used firearms and a very good gunsmith onsite. I went there shortly after I moved back and saw this...
IMG_20221108_13492146890.jpg
It's now home.
IMG_20221207_143936150.jpg
IMG_20221207_144014790.jpg
After a serious bunch of online searching, I believe it dates to January/February 1985. Came with 2 mags and I replaced the recoil spring just in case. I also picked up an Azule IWB holster for it though my camera backpack has a near perfect zippered pocket to hold it as well. I've run a bit of hardball through it. My next visit to the range (hopefully tomorrow) will test it with Underwood 380ACP +P 90gr Hornady XTP JHP at a claimed 1200 fps. A bit hot for 380 but it gets better reviews than the hot Buffalo Bore +P. (One video on YouTube showed 20+ inches of penetration in one kind of gelatin and good expansion through denim into another kind) Yes, I know, there is not SAMMI spec for 380 +P so this is just advertising copy. OTOH, if it really is 1200 fps rather than the more typical (Federal hardball) 980 fps, well, that's a significant boost in energy, roughly equal to a basic .38 special which is no joke.

The IWB is from Azula. I like them.

A nice surprise, if it's ever necessary, for a fascist who expects a leftist to be unarmed.

Back to lurking.
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.
Alex White

Re: Interarms/Walther PPK/S

Those Azula holsters look terrific. I have a great OWB holster that's made in Turkey, it was made for my SIG, but it also works very well for my CZ P-01.

The Bersa (Argentina) 380 pistols like the Thunder and Firestorm are PPK copies, blowback design in 380 except they have an aluminum alloy frame which is lighter. Some have even said that the Makarov in 9X18mm is a rip off of the PPK (380 ACP/9X17mm), IIRC Radom in Poland and CZ in then Czechoslovakia also produced similar blow back style pistols in 9X17mm and 9X18mm.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan