To indict or not to indict, that is the question

The Georgia runoff mulligan election is today. Starting tomorrow, the midterms are officially over, and with them the last excuse to delay indictments.

I'm pleased to read the breaking news that the DOJ special counsel has subpoenaed communications in several states. I'm hoping to see the Georgia investigation start dropping indictments soon.

It's shit or get of the pot time.
Whatever I said above, just pretend I included the obligatory “both sides,” especially if I said something mean about Trump (don’t want to hurt any feelings).

www.schayden.com

Re: To indict or not to indict, that is the question

TrueTexan wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:12 pm Also theJan. 6 Committee Says It Will Make Criminal Referrals To The Justice Department.
I thought the 1/6 committee wouldn't amount to much but I was pleasantly surprised by how thorough and well laid out it all was. Even if they didn't change any minds, they've made the DOJ's job easier and they've laid it out and recorded it for posterity.

It's no secret that I've been skeptical about the future of our democracy and about the possibility of Trump ever facing any meaningful consequences (I still am), but I'm slightly more optimistic than I was a month ago.

The clock is ticking though.
Whatever I said above, just pretend I included the obligatory “both sides,” especially if I said something mean about Trump (don’t want to hurt any feelings).

www.schayden.com

FrontSight wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:23 pm If Trump isn't indicted, along with Eastman, Meadows, and Clark then our republic is over. It will set the precedent that they can do this every fucking election. If they don't indict, then Democracy in the US just hit its expiration date.
Agreed.

www.schayden.com

Greengunner wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:46 pm
FrontSight wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:23 pm If Trump isn't indicted, along with Eastman, Meadows, and Clark then our republic is over. It will set the precedent that they can do this every fucking election. If they don't indict, then Democracy in the US just hit its expiration date.
Agreed.
Tend to lean to this direction. Our society is too divided.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

As YT pointed out, it's all about the evidence. A criminal referral from Congress doesn't mean that DOJ will seek an indictment of any of those they investigated, Congress investigates but it's up to the executive (DOJ) to prosecute. There is a new "sheriff in town", a special counsel. Just because Trump made his 2024 announcement doesn't put him out of reach of federal prosecutors, they could indict him until the Republican Convention in Milwaukee during the Summer of 2024. If he's the Republican nominee in 2024 it's unlikely they'd indict him until after the 2024 presidential election and if he wins it's a different ballgame.
Special counsel Jack Smith has subpoenaed local election officials in Wisconsin, Michigan, Arizona and Pennsylvania, asking for communications with or involving former President Donald Trump, his 2020 campaign aides and a list of allies involved in his efforts to try to overturn the results of the election. The requests, issued to Milwaukee and Dane counties in Wisconsin; Wayne County, Michigan; Maricopa County, Arizona; and Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, are the first known subpoenas by Smith, who was named special counsel last month by Attorney General Merrick Garland.

Smith is overseeing the Justice Department’s investigation into the presence of classified documents at Trump’s Florida estate as well as key aspects of a separate probe involving the violent storming of the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, and Trump’s frantic efforts to remain in power. The subpoenas, some of which were first reported by The Washington Post, are the clearest indication yet that Smith’s work will include an examination of the fake electors that were part of Trump’s efforts to subvert the election count and certification. All of the states where requests were sent are states that Trump and his allies targeted as they tried to overturn the democratic vote.
https://apnews.com/article/wisconsin-ar ... ce=Twitter
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Warnock won, BTW. BUT even with the latest judgement against the trump organization, trump's impeding indictments for J6, Espionage Act, Obstruction, election and witness tampering...then his love affair with west and fuentes and his calling to suspend the constitution to have him installed as dictator.....

EVEN with all this, the pathetic GOP would STILL vote for this asshole if he is the GOPathetic nominee. Only hope is that the orange turd is NOT the nominee, or if he is, a part of the GOP will NOT vote for him(and maybe not vote)..or the turd splits to a 3rd party...or trump is permanently out of any picture(best case)...

Many think the shoot up in North Carolina is a dress rehearsal for more domestic violence at the behest of trump the traitor.....

F4FEver wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:48 am
Warnock won, BTW. BUT even with the latest judgement against the trump organization, trump's impeding indictments for J6, Espionage Act, Obstruction, election and witness tampering...then his love affair with west and fuentes and his calling to suspend the constitution to have him installed as dictator.....

EVEN with all this, the pathetic GOP would STILL vote for this asshole if he is the GOPathetic nominee. Only hope is that the orange turd is NOT the nominee, or if he is, a part of the GOP will NOT vote for him(and maybe not vote)..or the turd splits to a 3rd party...or trump is permanently out of any picture(best case)...

Many think the shoot up in North Carolina is a dress rehearsal for more domestic violence at the behest of trump the traitor.....
Trump said at a campaign rally. “I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose voters.” He has done everything but shoot someone and still not charged with a crime.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

He should be indicted for the embarrassingly asinine special announcement for NFT fonyfuckincards. Hard to believe this ignorant dick was POTUS.

Turds nadir has no bottom.
Last edited by Wino on Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Wino wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:25 pm He should be indicted for the embarrassingly asinine special announcement for NFT fonyfuckincards. Hard to believe this ignorant dick was POTUS.

Turds nadir was no bottom.
Here' s Medias Touch making total fun of this crap.

What's important is to hammer the hapless Republican Party on this. Our eye should be to '24, to keep the Senate, take the House, and win the presidency. I know the Dems are not all tickety-boo. They are not. But when we compare the two, it's the difference between grating one knuckle while grating Parmesan and being thrown into a wood chipper while on fire. Focus.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

I like White House response to turds "special announcement""
Biden, who is not known for his online presence the way Trump is, tweeted:

I had some MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENTS the last couple of weeks, too…
✔ Inflation’s easing
✔ I just signed the Respect for Marriage Act
✔ We brought Brittney Griner home
✔ Gas prices are lower than a year ago
✔ 10,000 new high-paying jobs in Arizona
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Wino wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:11 pm I like White House response to turds "special announcement""
Biden, who is not known for his online presence the way Trump is, tweeted:

I had some MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENTS the last couple of weeks, too…
✔ Inflation’s easing
✔ I just signed the Respect for Marriage Act
✔ We brought Brittney Griner home
✔ Gas prices are lower than a year ago
✔ 10,000 new high-paying jobs in Arizona
But, that’s because TOS set things up to happen that way. So TOS will take credit for it. Do I really need this :sarcasm:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Wino wrote: He should be indicted for the embarrassingly asinine special announcement for NFT fonyfuckincards. Hard to believe this ignorant dick was POTUS.

Turds nadir was no bottom.
It's funny but here's the thing, thousands of people (tens of thousands?) will spend thousands of dollars (tens of thousands?) on these cards. As far as indictment goes, the clock is tick tocking away.

www.schayden.com

SunRiseWest wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:29 am
Not only that, but it will destroy what's left of the social contract. I wonder how someone from a disenfranchised community who went to prison for 8 years for some absurdly petty offense would feel if the whole crew-- particularly Orange-- doesn't go to jail.

My own humble opinion? The Republican party has lost it's right to exist. Not everyone in it-- the non-criminals can regroup as the Whigs or Tories. If I were the Supreme Being, I'd be okay with that. Hell, I wouldn't mind a William Buckley-style conservative party. I don't know that I'd vote for any of their candidates, but at least they'd have... you know, ideas. But I'm not under any illusions about that actually happening.

Sometimes I'm not sure I'm a liberal at all-- that I've been forced by circumstance to become something almost oxymoronic: A Law-and-Order Leftist. I don't know if that's a thing. I don't even know if that's thingish.
I’m a leftist and like the constitution to keep working. I suppose that’s law and order. Just don’t care for the way law has been twisted and manipulated by assholes, like tot.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Yes, Donnie's latest hustle.
Supporters of Donald Trump appear to be souring on the former president as his “major announcement” that he’s selling digital trading cards flops within parts of the MAGA movement. In a video announcement of the trading cards, Mr Trump said he was “hopefully your favourite president of all time – better than Lincoln, better than Washington”. “I’m doing my first official Donald J Trump NFT collection right here and right now. They’re called Trump digital trading cards,” Mr Trump said, adding that the cards would feature “really incredible artwork pertaining to my life and my career. It’s been very exciting. You can collect your Trump digital cards, just like a baseball card, or other collectables”.

Conservative commentator Ben Shapiro sarcastically tweeted: “Thank God, the digital trading cards are here. It was indeed a MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT.” The former president said “one of the best parts” is that “each card comes with an automatic chance to win amazing prizes like dinner with me. I don’t know if that’s an amazing prize, but it’s what we have”.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 46132.html

Not popular with his supporters according to the comments.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan