RWNJ shoot power substation to stop drag show-40,000 folks in the dark

You just can't make this stuff up! Three substations out of commission from gunfire. All to stop a drag show.

https://myfox8.com/news/north-carolina/ ... cials-say/
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Re: RWNJ shoot power substation to stop drag show-40,000 folks in the dark

The article link didn’t mention the drag show. If that was the case and they catch the perpetrator then tie them down spread eagle and let the performers stomp the perpetrator with their spike heels.

Edit did find the reference at this link.

https://www.rawstory.com/north-carolin ... ut-police/
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

The main media did not mention the drag show either. But of course reddit had it and rawstory. I will remain skeptical until certainty happens. From rawstory:
“Is it possible? Yes, anything’s possible,” he said. “But we’ve not been able to tie anything back to the drag show.”
CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

https://www.fayobserver.com/story/news/ ... 699328007/

Here's a local news source that goes into detail about the possible connection to the drag show. So far the only evidence is rather weak, but it does bear investigating.

BTW - The drag show went on for 45 minutes more using light from people's cell phones. :D
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

No offense taken since I too doubt it was related to the show. But that article is the only source I've seen talk about the possibility in detail and it's is what leaves me really skeptical of the idea. I don't trust rawstory to do anything other than hyperbole, and any Fox affiliate is on my untrustworthy list too
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

The reason I say it needs investigating is

1) there were protesters of the drag show
2) one of the leaders of the protesters indicated being pleased by the event
3) there has been a months long wave of increasing attacks, including violent attacks, on the LGBT community
4) right wing nut jobs have both the means and the motive to carry out this attack, and have actually tried similar things in the past at other locations

With that confluence of factors it would be unjustifiable for the police to simply rule out the possibility that the attack was related to the drag show.
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

This is from the News & Observer, the Raleigh newspaper.
Fields [Moore county sheriff] said Sunday that state and federal investigators are looking into protesters of a Saturday drag queen show at Sunrise Theater in downtown Southern Pines, but that so far they have not been able to make that connection. Earlier in the day Saturday, protesters had gathered outside the theater, upset about a drag show planned for the small venue later that night.

On her Facebook page, Emily Grace Rainey, an outspoken opponent of the drag show, posted an invitation to the protest at the theater. After the lights went out out, Rainey, who became known in Moore County during the pandemic for her opposition to mask mandates, posted on Facebook that, “The power is out in Moore County and I know why.” Later, she posted that the Moore County Sheriff’s Office had come to her house to ask about the outage. “I welcomed them to my home,” wrote Rainey, who organized a group of Moore County residents to travel to Washington on January 6, 2021. “Sorry they wasted their time. I told them that God works in mysterious ways and is responsible for the outage. I used the opportunity to tell them about the immoral drag show and the blasphemies screamed by its supporters.” Rainey said, “I told them God is chastising Moore County, thanked them for coming, and wished them a good night. Thankful for the LEOs service, as always.” Without naming her, Fields indicated in Sunday’s press conference that the information Rainey posted online was “false.” He said officers “had to go and interview this young lady and have a word of prayer with her, but it turned out to be nothing.”

The drag show started at 7 p.m. and was underway when the power went out. Headliner Naomi Dix of Durham kept the show going until almost 9 p.m. “I asked that everyone turn on their phone flashlights to illuminate the room,” Dix said. “I then lead the crowd in singing Beyoncé’s ‘Halo.’” Adrienne Wood and Phoenix Rashash, two friends who were at the drag show, attended the sheriff’s news conference. They said law enforcement needs to take a hard look at the timing of the outage, which happened just as the show was getting underway. “You don’t go shooting up power stations just for fun,” said Rashash, who works for the theater.
https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local ... rylink=cpy

No connection so far.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

papajim2jordan wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:41 pm Thankfully they just shot transformers and not trans performers.
...this time.

Even though there doesn't seem to be hard proof in media sources, there is enough circumstantial suggestion to give pause. And, it is worth mention that media sources would be hesitant to publish the assumption lest they be considered allies of the drag queens by enemies of everyone in the LGBTQ+ communities. No need to give the idjits even more reason to visit violence on my neighbors.

Having been on the periphery of Pride events a couple times, and watched some of the organized drag queens in action, I can't for the life of me imagine them being a threat to kids. Now, clergy, on the other hand...
Eventually I'll figure out this signature thing and decide what I want to put here.

Here is additional info:
Rainey claims to be the head of the Moore County Citizens for Freedom (MCCF). The group is a "nonpartisan network of Moore County Citizens dedicated to the promotion of conservative values in Moore County, NC, through education and activism," according to its Facebook page.
A woman who vehemently and repeatedly protested a drag show scheduled in Southern Pines claims that deputies questioned her in regard to the mass power outages in the county, after she posted on social media that she knows why the outage happened.
https://www.wral.com/moore-county-woman ... /20612783/
Last edited by Hiker on Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

BearPaws wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:50 pm
papajim2jordan wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:41 pm Thankfully they just shot transformers and not trans performers.
...this time.

Even though there doesn't seem to be hard proof in media sources, there is enough circumstantial suggestion to give pause. And, it is worth mention that media sources would be hesitant to publish the assumption lest they be considered allies of the drag queens by enemies of everyone in the LGBTQ+ communities. No need to give the idjits even more reason to visit violence on my neighbors.

Having been on the periphery of Pride events a couple times, and watched some of the organized drag queens in action, I can't for the life of me imagine them being a threat to kids. Now, clergy, on the other hand...
Science textbooks, museums, experimentally repeatable evidence, reason... all threats to the clergy.
Getting old, or is it just me?

I am amused in a bad way how groups with "freedom" in the name seek to curtail others who are not like them. They are folks who believe "freedom for me and not for thee." They expect the rest of us to believe that. We have to call them out when we write letters to the editor and so on. The 14th Amendment is mighty. Cite it.

I see the argument as liberty vs. freedom, but I repeat myself.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Hiker wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:42 pm You just can't make this stuff up! Three substations out of commission from gunfire. All to stop a drag show.

https://myfox8.com/news/north-carolina/ ... cials-say/
An example of how far the US has slid towards oblivion...lots of guns out there in the hands of mean, ignorant, brainwashed, mostly white and male, people. Not the least of which are a bunch of right wing, heavily armed, maga(t) groups, who pray at the alter of this turd called trump.

ERIS writes
With that confluence of factors it would be unjustifiable for the police to simply rule out the possibility that the attack was related to the drag show.
The police, that's rich. Those 'men' are part of the problem. They are NOT there to help anybody but themselves and their 'ilk'.
Emily Grace Rainey..another maga(t)...an example of the fine 'upstanding' members of trump's clown car. Dangerous..

The thing that worries me - something similar went down in Ohio over the weekend.
50-70 members of the Ohio chapters of the Proud Boys and the Patriot Front stood along the roads leading up to the church, touting guns, tactical gear, and face masks that obscured their identities. Protesters chanted "life, liberty, victory" and "reclaim America," among other slogans, and some are seen giving a Nazi salute, according to footage recorded by Brendan Gutenschwager.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ohio-drag- ... iot-front/

Seeing more stickers, hats, and other gear lately, celebrating the recently deposed citrus.

Chill me: nothing to worry about, relax.
Prepper me: The former president, the one who encouraged armed sedition to prevent certification of the vote that deposed him, has called for overturning the Constitution of the United States - the one he swore to uphold - and taking control of the country by force.
Chill me: okay, okay. The .45 is loaded. Relax.

wings wrote:The thing that worries me - something similar went down in Ohio over the weekend.
50-70 members of the Ohio chapters of the Proud Boys and the Patriot Front stood along the roads leading up to the church, touting guns, tactical gear, and face masks that obscured their identities. Protesters chanted "life, liberty, victory" and "reclaim America," among other slogans, and some are seen giving a Nazi salute, according to footage recorded by Brendan Gutenschwager.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ohio-drag- ... iot-front/

Seeing more stickers, hats, and other gear lately, celebrating the recently deposed citrus.

Chill me: nothing to worry about, relax.
Prepper me: The former president, the one who encouraged armed sedition to prevent certification of the vote that deposed him, has called for overturning the Constitution of the United States - the one he swore to uphold - and taking control of the country by force.
Chill me: okay, okay. The .45 is loaded. Relax.
Boot lickers …

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They would shoot the protesters, claim self defense in court, and win. Didn't we learn anything from Kenosha?

Someone out there keeps these types on their payroll. I don't necessarily mean they're sponsored private paramilitaries - although they sure have that effect, don't they? I mean they have day jobs, and their employers either don't know or don't care. Somehow they remain employable. Couldn't afford the toys otherwise.

Eris wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:18 pm I say it's time to stop REacting and start PROactively fighting the Proud Boys and their ilk. We need to have armed protests outside the homes of the leaders of these hate groups. They need to be made to live in fear the same way they are doing to us.
An armed society is polite society philosophy, eh. I recall some here being opposed to being armed at demonstrations, and now a mod calling for a show of “force”. This does underline a primary reason I can’t vote for many of the current slew of dems, I choose to have the option to be armed.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Until there is a direction connection to the drag queen show, it's just speculation. An example of post hoc ergo propter hoc reasoning.
The Latin phrase "post hoc ergo propter hoc" means "after this, therefore because of this." The fallacy is generally referred to by the shorter phrase, "post hoc." Examples: "Every time that rooster crows, the sun comes up. That rooster must be very powerful and important!"
There is a power substation about 15 miles to the east of where I live. It's open like the Moore County ones, surrounded by cyclone fencing and that's it. I've always wondered about it, it's also about 15 miles from a military installation. It's not just shooting up a substation, someone could send up a drone into the power lines.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

sikacz wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:28 am
Eris wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:18 pm I say it's time to stop REacting and start PROactively fighting the Proud Boys and their ilk. We need to have armed protests outside the homes of the leaders of these hate groups. They need to be made to live in fear the same way they are doing to us.
An armed society is polite society philosophy, eh. I recall some here being opposed to being armed at demonstrations, and now a mod calling for a show of “force”. This does underline a primary reason I can’t vote for many of the current slew of dems, I choose to have the option to be armed.
Heh! Well, to be clear I'm only speaking for myself and not as a mod. If I were to truly uncensor myself I'd have to stop being a mod.
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed