Herschel Walker, Georgia Senate Candidate, Gets Tax Exemption For Home... In Texas

Herschel Walker, the Republican candidate for a U.S. Senate seat, is set to receive a tax exemption for maintaining his primary residence in Texas even though he is running for election and living in Georgia, according to public records.

CNN first reported Wednesday that Walker is set to get a homestead tax exemption in Texas for 2022, saving him about $1,500. The exemption applies only to Texans’ primary residence. Tax records show that Walker took the tax break in 2021 and 2022, even though he registered to vote in Georgia and has been campaigning there against Democratic Sen. Raphael Warnock.

It’s unclear if Walker will run afoul of Texas tax laws, and the Texas comptroller’s office notes that you can still receive the break if you don’t establish a principle residence elsewhere, if you intend to return to the Texas home and “you are away less than two years.” The U.S. Constitution also mandates only that Senate candidates reside in the state they will serve when once they’re elected.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/herschel ... d8e6cd7558

Well unlike TOS that seems to have primary residences in New York, Florida, and New Jersey depending on the season, Hershel can't have it both ways.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: Herschel Walker, Georgia Senate Candidate, Gets Tax Exemption For Home... In Texas

Questions swirl around Herschel Walker as new report shows his Georgia residence was rented out for over a decade

Where Herschel Walker lives has been a question since before he officially announced his candidacy as a Republican for a U.S. Senate seat in Georgia. Numerous reports have looked into claims he lives in Texas and not the Peach State, which some Georgia voters might find problematic, but new reporting exposes what could lead to tax or voting fraud investigations.

Walker’s Georgia home, according to reporting from The Daily Beast‘s Roger Sollenberger, is owned by his wife, who for years has rented it out.

When Walker announced his candidacy, after a strong push from Donald Trump, it “was widely known at the time that the Republican hopeful had been living in Texas for decades, though he has claimed to maintain a residence in Atlanta for ’17 years.’ Less widely known, however, was that Walker’s wife collected tens of thousands of dollars in rental income for that residence, according to his 2021 financial disclosure forms.”

While it is unclear if the home was rented out when Walker officially launched his Senate run, the “house doubled as the Walker campaign’s first official address when he launched his bid in August 2021. Fulton County tax and property records show the home is solely owned by Walker’s wife, Julie Blanchard, who also collected rental income from 2020 and 2021 ranging from $15,000 to $50,000, according to the disclosure—defining the asset as ‘Georgia residence.'”
Full story: https://www.rawstory.com/questions-swir ... -a-decade/
'I live in Texas': Herschel Walker repeatedly revealed he doesn't actually reside in Georgia

Herschel Walker told a campaign audience earlier this year that he had special insight about the U.S.-Mexico border because he lives in Texas.

However, the Donald Trump-endorsed Republican is running for U.S. Senate in Georgia, where officials are facing pressure to investigate exactly where he resides as voters are already casting ballots for the Dec. 6 special election, reported CNN.

“I live in Texas,” Walker said in January, during a speech to University of Georgia College Republicans. “I went down to the border off and on sometimes."
“Everyone asks me, why did I decide to run for a Senate seat? Because to be honest with you, this is never something I ever, ever, ever thought in my life I’d ever do, and that's the honest truth,” Walker said. “As I was sitting in my home in Texas, I was sitting in my home in Texas, and I was seeing what was going on in this country. I was seeing what was going on in this country with how they were trying to divide people.”
https://www.rawstory.com/herschel-walker-texas/

Walker took so many hits during his football career that he can't remember where he lives.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,