Trump talks with white nationalist Nick Fuentes at Mar-a-Lago dinner

Former President Trump dined and conversed with white nationalist Nick Fuentes and rapper Ye, formerly known as Kanye West, at his Mar-a-Lago resort on Tuesday night, according to two sources familiar with the matter.

Why it matters: Trump's direct engagement with a man labeled a "white supremacist" by the Justice Department, one week after declaring his 2024 candidacy, is likely to draw renewed outrage over the former president's embrace of extremists.
What they're saying: "Kanye West very much wanted to visit Mar-a-Lago. Our dinner meeting was intended to be Kanye and me only, but he arrived with a guest whom I had never met and knew nothing about," Trump said in a statement.
Fuentes told Trump that he represented a side of Trump's base that was disappointed with his newly cautious approach, especially with what some far-right activists view as a lack of support for those charged in the Jan. 6 Capitol attack.

Trump didn't disagree with Fuentes, but said he has advisers who want him to read off teleprompters and be more "presidential." Notably, Trump referred to himself as a politician, which he has been loathe to do in the past.
Fuentes also told Trump that he would crush potential 2024 Republican rivals in a primary, including Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis. Trump asked for Fuentes' opinion on other candidates as well.
Trump at one point turned to Ye and said, "I really like this guy. He gets me," according to the source.
Full article: https://www.axios.com/2022/11/25/trump ... s-ye-kanye

Anybody that kisses TOS ass will automatically get an approval.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: Trump talks with white nationalist Nick Fuentes at Mar-a-Lago dinner

wings wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:14 pmYou mean 2020?
No, I mean 2016. Trump won because he said the quiet part out loud. Lots and lots and lots of people voted for him because he was unabashedly racist and they found it identifiable and refreshing. Some people didn't quite like the racism but voted for him anyway. Absolutely no one didn't know.

I'm not at all surprised he's being so loud and proud about it right now. It's worked for him in the past. I think he believes he lost in 2020 because of Covid, and because he listened to advisers who told him to tone down the racism (he knows damn well there wasn't any fraud).
Whatever I said above, just pretend I included the obligatory “both sides,” especially if I said something mean about Trump (don’t want to hurt any feelings).

www.schayden.com

How funny. I have liked and paid attention to cats all my life. When living in the southern islands of Japan I noticed several stray cats that lived close to the docks to pilfer fish from the daily catch all had that bobtail. I thought it was a genetic defect from too much inbreeding on the islands. Now I find out it is considered a genetic trait of a breed!
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

“This is a f**king nightmare,” an anonymous longtime Trump adviser told NBC News. “If people are looking at DeSantis to run against Trump, here’s another reason why.”
David Friedman, who was Trump’s former ambassador to Israel, blasted the dinner at Mar-a-Lago. “Even a social visit from an antisemite like Kanye West and human scum like Nick Fuentes is unacceptable,” Friedman said in one of several tweets.
The former president has a long history of failing to unequivocally condemn hate speech. During his 2016 campaign, Trump waffled when asked to denounce the KKK after he was endorsed by the group’s former leader, saying in a televised interview that he didn’t “know anything about David Duke.”
Outgoing Republican Rep. Adam Kinzinger, who voted to impeach Trump, blasted the former president for “hanging with the David Duke of weak soft boys of today.” Fellow Republican Rep. Liz Cheney, who is losing her seat after speaking out against Trump, tweeted, “First [Greene] and now [Trump] hanging around with this anti-Semitic, pro-Putin, white supremacist. This isn’t complicated. It’s indefensible.” Former New Jersey governor Chris Christie, who has been highly critical of Trump since he lost the 2020 election, said the meeting with Fuentes was “another example of an awful lack of judgment from Donald Trump, which, combined with his past poor judgments, make him an untenable general election candidate for the Republican Party in 2024.” Trump’s secretary of state Mike Pompeo, a potential 2024 rival, denounced antisemitism without directly referencing the dinner or the president. “Antisemitism is a cancer,” Pompeo wrote. “We stand with the Jewish people in the fight against the world’s oldest bigotry.”
https://www.timesofisrael.com/white-hou ... visionist/
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Allies so shaken by Trump dinner a top campaign aide will now 'be present with him at all times'

Top allies of Donald Trump were so disturbed by his decision to have dinner with white supremacist Nick Fuentes last week that the ex-president and 2024 GOP candidate will now have a handler with him around the clock.

The Associated Press also reports the campaign has also changed the protocols for visitors and will start to vet guests who come to see Trump, after the few procedures in place allowed antisemite Kanye West to bring along three guests.

"In an acknowledgment of the severity of the backlash and an effort to prevent a repeat, Trump’s campaign is putting new protocols in place to ensure that those who meet with him are approved and fully vetted, according to people familiar with the plans who requested anonymity to share internal strategy," the AP adds, revealing the campaign apparently does not trust the 76-year old ex-president to make decisions about who he should or should not spend time with.
TOS also had two more dinning partners, far right wing provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos, who has supported adult men having sex with young teens, and Karen Trump 2016 aide Karen Giorno, who was reportedly involved in a pay-for-pardon scheme.

Full article: https://www.rawstory.com/allies-so-shak ... all-times/

I guess they will need a dog collar for a Saint Bernard to fit around his fat neck. Also better still add a short leash and a muzzle.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

This will all be a nothing burger by the time the Republican primaries start. Trump voters estimated to be 20-25% of US voters are already true believers, this isn't going to change their minds. Democrats will still be yelling about it in 2024, but more important issues will be front and center by then.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

FrontSight wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:34 pm I think I'm shocked than anyone is shocked
No kidding and no 'handler' will ever rein in the orange turd. They will 'mention' that him saying or doing something isn't a great idea and they will be gone. Just like the 'adults' in the room in his cabinet like Kelly, Mattis and McMaster. And people forget that west(ye) was 'vetted', expected at dinner and he is a admitted anti-semite and bigot. And idiot, perfect for trump the traitor.
And, unfortunately, people will still vote for the racist prick in chief, trump...these GOPathetic really hate the people trump hates...and will support trump in spite of his lies, treason, racism, ignorance.