Re: Post Your Cartoons and Yuk Yuks

tonguengroover wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:17 pm Yes... hehe I wonder if you can even buy caps anymore. As you can see I was well armed at around 5 years old.
https://www.hobbytown.com/toysmith-roll ... 91/p684678
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

SubRosa wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:00 pm I think we should do a wholesale buy on cheap blow-up dolls, fill 'em with Helium, and stage a news event: Rapture!

Tee hee.
If the dolls were true to the Repugs they would just deflate and go down.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

CDFingers wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:38 am

Maybe it is.

CDFingers
I'm not a Christian, devolved from Atheist to Devout Agnostic, and am ethnically Ashkenazy Jewish, but I'm troubled by one of the key teachings of Jesus that simply is ignored and comes straight out of the Gospel of St. Mark quoting Jesus just before he teaches them "The Lord's Prayer":
5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

9 “This, then, is how you should pray:

“‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us today our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,[a]
but deliver us from the evil one.

14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

So give this, and the final 2 sentences, when I see some asshole fascist claiming to be a preacher DEMANDING that all of us who vote against the MAGAts be executed, it's clear that they have thrown away ALL of the "steak" Jesus taught them and kept the "sizzle"--all you need to do is believe in Jesus and you receive a Get Out Of Jail Free card for any and every despicable thing you do, whether it's rape, cheating on your wife, FORCING a woman to have an abortion, holding a gun to her head, cheating thousands who can't afford it out of what they need to live, making people homeless, and bringing about the death of a million JUST because you can't admit you were wrong.

As Gandhi said, "I like your Christ, but I don't like your Christians." Something about them not being very Christ-like.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Those holey cats took over Egypt dontcha know. Looks like they’re still there trying to make a comeback or something.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi