Re: NASA's SpaceX Crew-5 Mission

Astronaut Koichi Wakata said in Japanese (mirroring his speech in English), “To the launch crew, it was an incredibly smooth launch. To everyone who was watching the launch thank you very much for listening and caring for us. Up to this point and going forward we will continue to do our best. Thank you for your support.”
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

I had this on my left screen as they were fueling just before launch. On my right screen I was writing a concept of operations document to - wait for it- fuel a rocket! Having Space X on the left screen was motivational. I got further today than I had expected.
'Sorry stupid people but there are some definite disadvantages to being stupid."

-John Cleese

NASA live:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=21X5lGlDO ... e=emb_logo

The Crew-5 astronauts are scheduled to dock with the space station at 4:57 p.m. ET on Thursday, October 6. NASA will livestream the procedure, including a commentary, via its YouTube channel.

The space station’s hatch is set to open at 6:42 p.m. ET, enabling the Crew-5 astronauts to enter the orbital outpost for the first time.

At 8:05 p.m. ET, all the station crew members will gather for a welcoming ceremony.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=21X5lGlDO ... e=emb_logo
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Mason wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:55 pm I had this on my left screen as they were fueling just before launch. On my right screen I was writing a concept of operations document to - wait for it- fuel a rocket! Having Space X on the left screen was motivational. I got further today than I had expected.
Well that just about made my day along with two dollar pints. Sweet!

Ladies first, especially if commander.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

papajim2jordan wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:15 pm
highdesert wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:28 am In spite of the Russo-Ukrainian War, we continue to cooperate with the Russians on the International Space Station. Elon Musk should stick with cars and space craft and drop his bid for Twitter.
I dunno. He made cars better, rockets better. Maybe he can pull twitter out the shitter.
Musk has said that he would allow Trump back on Twitter so it will change. Polling in 2020 and more recently shows that the most prolific users of Twitter are Democrats, we often see it quoted in news articles. Don't know if his ownership will mean it will be more balanced, but Musk will likely shake it up since politically he seems to be more center right now.

Reality is only 23% of US adults belong to Twitter. It's beloved by the media, entertainers, some politicians, government entities and others. They spread about as much fake news as other sites, so maybe he'll clean that up too.
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2 ... d-twitter/
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan