Kiltlifter Cheater Chili

Fall is in the air. Mornings are crisp er and it's below 100°.

Chopped onions, garlic, 1 1/2 lbs if hamburger, 1/2 lb of chorizo, 2 cans diced fire roasted tomatoes, heaping tablespoon of Santa Cruz red chili powder, large 26 oz Ranch style beans and 2 bottles of Kiktlifter. Salt n pepper to taste.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”
Attachments
20221001_175848_resized.jpg

Re: Kiltlifter Cheater Chili

Cooking with beer is always fun, as each beer has its own taste after it cooks down. Hops bitterness can come through if you choose heavy hopped beers. I like to cook with stouts. Always buy more cooking beer than you need. True story, bros.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Sounds good, I always like Chili with beef, not beans only. I have a gringo stomach so I'd back off the chili powder, but increase the beer.

We don't have Kiltlifter here either, but CDF is right about beers. I was thinking about two to three bottles of very hoppy IPA or a Double IPA in the chili and three or four bottles for the cook. :)
Last edited by highdesert on Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

It does add a lot of flavor. I think the microbes in beer add depth of flavor. Ale definitely works better than Bud Light. hehe
Kiltlifter is lighter than some Scottish brews for sure. It's made in Phoenix.

When you add the beer to the mix starting out it gets this orangish head on it then turns red as it cooks out. I think its from the fat in the chorizo. It cooks down pretty fast.
Today it should be better so we're going to make some corn fritters on out aebleskiver pan. Yums

Might get some delivered. https://www.gopuff.com/p/four_peaks_kil ... _EeDMz_9O8
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

A Texas thing use Shiner Bock in the chili. Also no beans in real chili, unless you call it Chili with beans to make it stretch further. Then you have to beg forgiveness or the Chili Queens of San Antonio will arise from their graves and slap you silly.
Also you only use ground beef if you can't find a suitable chuck roast and round steak to slice and dice.

Carroll Shelby not only knew race cars but also great chili as one of the founders of the original Terlingua, Texas Chili Cook Off
https://www.astray.com/recipes/?show=Ca ... %27s+chili
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

I'm giving away a secret, but....

Try mixing the spices and garlic together in the beer and leave it to "steep" for a few hours (or even overnight)' this lets the spices intermingle flavors, and the beer can slowly soak out the subtler aspects.
"...no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States." ― Article VI, United States Constitution

tonguengroover wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:51 am
CDFingers wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:46 am Bud LIght is for boiling hot dogs in.

You can counter the bitterness of hops with something like soy sauce or one turnip. A small one.

CDFingers
Or brats. But I don't let Bud Lite in the house.
Miller lite then. LoL.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.