Re: Another one

featureless wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:41 am Can't have happened in California. We gots laws that prevent it.

Snark aside, glad there were no deaths reported. Hope they find the shooter. I lived there for a couple years in the mid 90s. It seems to be going downhill.
I agree, CA and NY have tough gun laws and shootings and mass shootings still happen.
https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/ne ... -nypd-says

I grew up about 30 miles east, Oakland has always been a tough town. School districts love their mega schools and complexes which are cheaper to build. It just adds to the impersonalized environment that alienates students. A 50,000 student university is different, students aren't required to attend college/university, it's completely optional.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

The company I used to work for would get a commercial job in Oakland, rough scary parts are real. We would hire guys to hump materials for us that lived around there.
One time this one guy says : " Its getting pretty dark, ya'll should't be here after dark" We asked why and he said "Cuz you is white dummy!" LOL So we split.
Don't have to tell me sumpin twice.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

highdesert wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:37 am NY Times has a paywall, most people don't have access.

Shootings at a mega school complex in Oakland, CA.
https://archive.ph/s5m6W
NYT website works fine if you disable javascript. archive.ph doesn't work at all if you disable javascript. Best to post both links.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

I'll go with gangs or drugs or both, same as LA, Chicago, Baltimore and most big US cities. But the Democratic officials will blame it all on guns, not on gangs or drugs or poverty or unemployment or...
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan