Re: New SARS type virus spreading in China

:clap2: Congrats

I used to go to the local Rite Aid for all my shots, but during the pandemic they started requiring appmts and only did shots on Thursdays. Tried the local Walgreens but they were too disorganized even in trying to make an appmt. For shots my local Walmart is the most efficient and I don't need an appointment, I usually go in when the open because it's slow time for staff. I don't have any prescriptions filled there.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

At least you got it done - aggravation aside!! Would take a team of oxen to drag me into a Walgreens as I've had nothing but grievance with them in past. Disorganized is a nice way to say fucked up.
Since 2006, Walmart Pharmacy patients have saved on prescriptions through the retailer's industry-changing $4 generics program. Customers will continue to benefit from that program in all Walmart pharmacies. And for those looking to save even more on their medications, membership has its benefits.
I do get my drugs from Walmart because of their 2006 drug program, which in turn forced all the drug rip off artist like Walgreens, CVS, et al to follow suit. Saved me a shit pot of money back in the days before Medicare and Part D and appreciative of their program. For vaxx I go to local grocer pharmacy as it is quick in & out, with or without appointment. 2006 was the last time I bought drugs from Walgreens.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

The lady dispensing shots had lots of military like patches on her coat. She pissed me off right away when after standing there for ten minutes in the back of a long line I went up and asked if there was a different line for vaccine appointments. She said " Stand in line like everyone else." I should have left then. Bitch.
Last time I got a booster there was one lady working there and she took me straight away. Course there was no line either when I got there. I've had flu shots at a different one with no problems and didn't even have an appointment.

Funny thing was I wrote up a nice little review on their specific Walgreens page. It wasn't pleasant. Shoulder a tad sore this morning but thats it.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

I agree Wino, the generics price at Walmart is a good deal, I looked at them when I was pricing generic albuterol emergency inhalers for my asthma. Manufacturers change the albuterol dispensers so they can extend their patents which keeps prices high. Walmart forced other pharmacies to offer similar generic pricing which is very good. I'm not a fan of the Walton family, but they appear removed from running Walmart and corporate management is very sensitive to price competition.

All my prescriptions I fill online it's free delivery, they also contact my doctor when prescriptions are low. It's less hassle for me.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

tonguengroover wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:45 am The lady dispensing shots had lots of military like patches on her coat. She pissed me off right away when after standing there for ten minutes in the back of a long line I went up and asked if there was a different line for vaccine appointments. She said " Stand in line like everyone else." I should have left then. Bitch.
Last time I got a booster there was one lady working there and she took me straight away. Course there was no line either when I got there. I've had flu shots at a different one with no problems and didn't even have an appointment.

Funny thing was I wrote up a nice little review on their specific Walgreens page. It wasn't pleasant. Shoulder a tad sore this morning but thats it.
I have this vision of 6" spiked heels, mini dress, black stockings and swastika patches!! Please tell me she had a crop whip!! LOL
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

tonguengroover wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:01 am Well it's not so much the form filling as them having no dedicated vaccine line.
The place was busy with people doing scripts. I get there 10 minutes early only to stand in line a half hour. Then another half hour sitting in a chair surrounded by sick people.
That’s the corporate based medical system for you.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:52 pm
tonguengroover wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:46 pm This is kicking in tonight. Sore aches an I gots da fever. Save me Alice.
Hang in there! Felt like crap for a day. Take some bourbon or whatever your fav libation is. Rest up.
Thank you Sikacz. Feeling better after I sweated it out over night. Your kindness is much appreciated.
I'm a real whimp when i get sick.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

tonguengroover wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:33 pm
sikacz wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:52 pm
tonguengroover wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:46 pm This is kicking in tonight. Sore aches an I gots da fever. Save me Alice.
Hang in there! Felt like crap for a day. Take some bourbon or whatever your fav libation is. Rest up.
Thank you Sikacz. Feeling better after I sweated it out over night. Your kindness is much appreciated.
I'm a real whimp when i get sick.
My wife says the same of me. LoL. Glad you’re obviously recovering. Getting the jab sure beats the alternative of getting Covid without any protection.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

highdesert wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:28 am
Wino wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:02 pm Hmmmm..............maybe should be masking up while on line ?? LOL

Just found out was was snookered by my grocer pharmacy. I specifically asked if this was BA5/6 and was told yes, then see on my new card it was B1 - not latest. Guess I'll end up with another booster next month after I get annual flu vaxx.
Sorry you got the wrong one Wino. I was afraid that might happen when I went in, so I had my old CDC card and the tech compared it to the state vaccination database and kept it until the pharmacist saw it. Then a clerk rang it up so they could bill my insurance carrier for the administration fee of $40.00 and she gave me a copy and it showed Moderna Bivalent. The Bivalent vaccines are the newest that include the original vaccine plus BA.4 & BA.5 variants. Try another pharmacy for the next booster?
https://www.fda.gov/media/161327/download
Mea culpa !! I was by pharmacy to day to check if they had the hi-dose flu vaxx for old farts (yes) and asked about my Covid shot - I thought it was B1 but she said no, it was Bi - which is the omicron BA5/6 shot - so they didn't snooker me, I snookered myself. So I'm good to go Covid wise. Didn't get the flu shot as they had people waiting for shots. Will try earlier tomorrow.

Wino wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:47 pm
Wino wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:02 pm Hmmmm..............maybe should be masking up while on line ?? LOL

Just found out was was snookered by my grocer pharmacy. I specifically asked if this was BA5/6 and was told yes, then see on my new card it was B1 - not latest. Guess I'll end up with another booster next month after I get annual flu vaxx.
Sorry you got the wrong one Wino. I was afraid that might happen when I went in, so I had my old CDC card and the tech compared it to the state vaccination database and kept it until the pharmacist saw it. Then a clerk rang it up so they could bill my insurance carrier for the administration fee of $40.00 and she gave me a copy and it showed Moderna Bivalent. The Bivalent vaccines are the newest that include the original vaccine plus BA.4 & BA.5 variants. Try another pharmacy for the next booster?
Mea culpa !! I was by pharmacy to day to check if they had the hi-dose flu vaxx for old farts (yes) and asked about my Covid shot - I thought it was B1 but she said no, it was Bi - which is the omicron BA5/6 shot - so they didn't snooker me, I snookered myself. So I'm good to go Covid wise. Didn't get the flu shot as they had people waiting for shots. Will try earlier tomorrow.
Glad to hear it. It seems flue shots and Covid shots are going to be in our future. Do what’s necessary.

sikacz wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:11 pm
Wino wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:47 pm

Glad to hear it. It seems flue shots and Covid shots are going to be in our future. Do what’s necessary.
That's good to hear Wino ! Yes COVID and flu shots will become our best friends, because those viruses mutate rapidly and we're in that vulnerable age range. Got my flu shot earlier this week, the Fluzone High-Dose Quadrivalent. I was going to wait until October, but we're starting to get cases here - it's the West Coast and there is a lot of travel from Asia.

New coronavirus subvariant BA.2.75.2 tops concerns as officials gear up for potential winter wave
https://archive.ph/6IykX
“As we get into this coming late fall and winter ... it is likely we will see another variant emerge,” Dr. Anthony Fauci, Biden’s chief medical advisor for the pandemic, said at a recent virtual talk of the Center for Strategic and International Studies. There is wide expectation for an increase in COVID-19 cases this fall and winter. New York is already recording an uptick since hitting a seasonal low in early September.
BA.2.75.2 has not been found widely in the U.S., and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is not counting it separately from the less worrisome but similarly named BA.2.75. “The one that we’ve been most concerned about recently is BA.2.75.2,” said Dr. Benjamin Pinsky, director of the Clinical Virology Laboratory at Stanford University. At Stanford’s lab, scientists have identified only one case of that subvariant, he said. The concern with BA.2.75.2 is that our collective antibodies — whether primed from past vaccination or a previous case — may be less able to recognize this new subvariant and ward off infection.
Dr. Eric Topol, director of the Scripps Research Translational Institute in La Jolla, said two of the more concerning subvariants are BA.2.75.2 and BQ.1.1. “They have already been established as the most extreme immune escape seen to date,” he said. And being more adept than BA.5 — the current dominant Omicron subvariant — “is not a good thing.” Immune escape means “our immune system doesn’t see it very well because it has a lot of different mutations. So it basically has a work-around,” Topol said. “We haven’t seen this one before, and so it has enough mutations to be able to get into us despite our immune response because our immune response — it has a blind spot.”
Stay aware as we go into the wave months.

Case loads are ticking up in Europe again and it's looking like the newest variant(s) have "improved" on the big O's immune evasion. I'm betting on another massive winter peak in the US. Who knows if it'll be more or less lethal. Who knows if it will even be reported on (without the hospitals being overrun, anyway).

It's getting harder and harder to find useful information. I guess I'll continue to mask for the rest of my life. How delightful.

featureless wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:04 pm Case loads are ticking up in Europe again and it's looking like the newest variant(s) have "improved" on the big O's immune evasion. I'm betting on another massive winter peak in the US. Who knows if it'll be more or less lethal. Who knows if it will even be reported on (without the hospitals being overrun, anyway).

It's getting harder and harder to find useful information. I guess I'll continue to mask for the rest of my life. How delightful.
You're right about Europe and that's where the East Coast's COVID cases came from originally, though we got some on the West Coast but we quarantined them. We could very well get another wave, like you I also continue masking and will until this is history. Even though I've now had 5 doses of the vaccines, I'm still concerned about new variants.

You and your family stay safe!

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-ne ... e-u-s-wave

If everyone who has the sniffles continues to mask up during flu season we will no monger have flu outbreaks anymore. Good habits like washing hands and wearing masks in public works for COVID or any other virus.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Got annual super duper flu shot this morning. When I got home, mail-in ballot in mail box. Completed and will hand carry to post office Monday. Fuck DeJoy !!

Heard this morning that San Diego has a lot of cases of flu in their schools, it's southwest of me. I too got my high dose aka super duper flu shot at least 14 days ago, so I'm ready.

Bisbee's right about masks and handwashing, but people think COVID is over and Biden said it was. It's a slow slog with the latest COVID boosters.

Finally saw some real data on a study regarding CV19 deaths were disproportionately wingers vs. lefties. Lit some incense.

Recent grocery shopping and for flu shot about 1/3 of people masking (including me), but few using hand sanitation stands or wipes upon grabbing their carts (I do). I also use the wipes to moisten my fingers so I can open those goddamn plastic bags for fruits and veggies. LOL

Wino wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:01 pm Finally saw some real data on a study regarding CV19 deaths were disproportionately wingers vs. lefties. Lit some incense.

Recent grocery shopping and for flu shot about 1/3 of people masking (including me), but few using hand sanitation stands or wipes upon grabbing their carts (I do). I also use the wipes to moisten my fingers so I can open those goddamn plastic bags for fruits and veggies. LOL
Good tip. I get some dirty looks when i spit on my fingers.