Re: How’s the weather

Fall fell quickly here in North Central NJ. Days are mostly warm--not hot at all, but it gets cool quickly at sundown. We've seen low 40's at night already. Bit of a relief from the oppressive heat, though.

Didn't stop my 93 year old MIL from calling my wife in a panic asking if we were safe during the hurricane! "Mom, it's a THOUSAND miles away!" my wife assured her mom.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Fall is imminent here. Some Maple leaves on many trees are starting to go red. Sycamore is dropping leaves, but they're just brown. Still danged dry, but we're in the mid 80's, so that's nice. Still high 50's at night.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Now is the time for Ron DeSantis to put up or shut up! With Ian on the brink of a Cat 5 hurricane, I'm well aware of what a Cat 5 can do. Our 2nd home, Abaco, Bahamas, is STILL rebuilding 3 years after Cat 5 Dorian hit and stalled on 1 Sep 2019. Our main town, Marsh Harbour, looked like pictures of Hiroshima and Nagasaki after we nuked them, flat.

Just think how many families DeSantis could have helped with the $12 million he wasted on his stunt of flying 50 refugees from Texas to Martha's Vineyard. Allotting just $50,000 per family post storm would help 240 families recover. He just told people in the path of this almost-Cat5 storm that it was too late to evacuate--why weren't they already evacuated? A lot of people are going to die as a result. Was he too busy running against Trump and Abbott for the White House in 2024?

Or will he finally be like Chris Christie in front of SuperStorm Sandy in 2012--for 2 weeks out of the 416 weeks he was governor, he was magnificent. For the other 414 weeks he was a miserable, dreadful, often absentee governor, but those 2 weeks won him re-election ins 2013 (and, no, I didn't vote for him--he was a total fuckup for the other 206 weeks of his first term--did SO much damage to The Garden State.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Unlike Chris Christie, DeSatan will still be a fuckup, no matter what he does because he doesn’t give a damn about anybody but himself and his wanting to be the biggest asshole.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

DeSantis best be grateful Dark Biden is prez rather than turd. At least he didn't have to tongue Biden's ahole to get FEMA and disaster relief.

Biden needs to go to Mar-A-Lardo when this is over and toss paper towel rolls over the gates to assist in clean up. FDT !!!!!
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Wino wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:18 pm DeSantis best be grateful Dark Biden is prez rather than turd. At least he didn't have to tongue Biden's ahole to get FEMA and disaster relief.

Biden needs to go to Mar-A-Lardo when this is over and toss paper towel rolls over the gates to assist in clean up. FDT !!!!!
He doesn’t need to throw the paper towel rolls, let TOS use his stash of classified documents to mop up the mess.
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

sikacz wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:03 pm
TrueTexan wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:02 pm Beautiful fall day today in our backyard
backyard.jpg
Beautiful landscape!
Oh, yes. Looks very Texas. Very fascinating flower, sikacz.

Direct quote from our local weather: one to two degrees above normal. There's a book title for you, or a dissertation.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Yes beautiful pictures including a Monarch butterfly if my eyes don't deceive me.

Most of this weak the weather was miserable, hot and humid but today it's cooled back down and no a/c so far. A little rain would be nice but I don't want to anger the weather gods by asking for everything.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:01 pm Yes beautiful pictures including a Monarch butterfly if my eyes don't deceive me.

Most of this weak the weather was miserable, hot and humid but today it's cooled back down and no a/c so far. A little rain would be nice but I don't want to anger the weather gods by asking for everything.
Yep, the butterfly was just taking off again. LoL.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:58 pm
highdesert wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:01 pm Yes beautiful pictures including a Monarch butterfly if my eyes don't deceive me.

Yes, surprised you grow Mexican Bird Of Paradise where ever you are. They like grow wild around my house.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

tonguengroover wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:35 pm

Yes, surprised you grow Mexican Bird Of Paradise where ever you are. They like grow wild around my house.
Years ago when I first moved to Southern California near San Diego I was amazed to see Bird of Paradise everywhere even in vacant lots. Same with geraniums and pelargoniums. All three are from South Africa which has a similar climate.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

tonguengroover wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:35 pm

Houston has a pretty good climate. This was in the arid garden section of the McGovern Centennial Garden. It’s one of our favorite parts of the garden.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

A lot of storm clouds passed over since early this morning, rain wasn't in the forecast for today. Then about 1 pm the thunder started with still mostly blue skies. Then heavy rain and then hail and piles of hail. Radar shows the storm moving southeast.

Hi 90's low RH. Prediction of heavy rains early next week. Not holding my breath that will happen. Still in severe drought for area.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

It is 59 degrees and it’s to be in the 80s today cooler next week. Fall is coming.