Re: FBI Raids Trump/Mar-A-Lago!

TrueTexan wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:07 pm More drivel from TOS.

He now claims the Mar-A-Loco FBI raid was a military coup.
Donald Trump on Tuesday said that the search of his Mar-a-Lago estate was like a "military coup" even though he is no longer president of the United States
https://www.rawstory.com/donald-trump- ... I#cxrecs_s
"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less."
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master—that's all.”
That's exactly who TOS is: The lying, scornful, Humpty-Dumpty, seeking to be the master.

But he's run into a brick wall with Judge Dearie, the very Special Master HE, stupidly, included on his list, and the DOJ jumped on it! He may very well find himself in contempt, and every one of these shenanigans is likely to alienate even the most devoted appointee on the 11th Circuit. Even if he wins the 3 judge panel, he'll lose when all 11 rule, regardless of whether he or DOJ request the en banke review.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Appeals panel says judge erred in blocking DOJ probe of Mar-a-Lago documents - unanimous 3 judge decision - 1 Obama, 2 Turd appointed.
The panel ruled that Cannon erred when she prevented federal prosecutors from using the 100 documents — marked as classified — recovered from Trump’s estate as part of a criminal inquiry.

“[Trump] has not even attempted to show that he has a need to know the information contained in the classified documents,” the panel ruled in a 29-page decision. “Nor has he established that the current administration has waived that requirement for these documents.”

Stuff that up your ass turd and smoke it !!
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Wino wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:53 pm Appeals panel says judge erred in blocking DOJ probe of Mar-a-Lago documents - unanimous 3 judge decision - 1 Obama, 2 Turd appointed.
The panel ruled that Cannon erred when she prevented federal prosecutors from using the 100 documents — marked as classified — recovered from Trump’s estate as part of a criminal inquiry.

“[Trump] has not even attempted to show that he has a need to know the information contained in the classified documents,” the panel ruled in a 29-page decision. “Nor has he established that the current administration has waived that requirement for these documents.”

They ripped "Judge" Cannon a new asshole as well. They were only addressing the 100 classified docs, but they made it painfully clear they saw ALL of Cannon's decision to absolutely wrong.

The unspoken message is that Trump doesn't have a prayer if he calls for an en banc ruling--he will lose by a MINIMUM of 7:4, but probably more.
And I don't see the SCOTUS even accepting the case either.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Wino wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:53 pm Appeals panel says judge erred in blocking DOJ probe of Mar-a-Lago documents - unanimous 3 judge decision - 1 Obama, 2 Turd appointed.

Great to see along with Judge Dearie, thought to be a trump rubber stamper, actually is following the rule of law...and asking the trump clown car tough questions that they can't answer..for fear of lying in court to the SM...not a good thing.
Trump is now 'suggesting' that violence will prevent him from being prosecuted. As in, a J6 type 'riot' where he is to be in court..There is NO DOUBT, as he enters some Federal court, he will ask his maga(t)s to come 'save' him. And he thinks that will stop any process...
Gonna get interesting...

Past time to indict the turd now!! If his horde wants to start shit, let's get the show on the road. Screw the non-existing 60 day rule - bring it on. Force Dark Brandon to declare Martial Law, postpone election, and mass arrest, trials and convictions of any and all insurrectionist. Make his cultist walk the walk or STFU and throw the book at the orange turd and enablers of which they is so deserving. FDT
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Presidents can declassify documents on a whim, even just by "thinking about it," former President Donald Trump told Fox News' Sean Hannity on Wednesday. Trump appeared on Hannity's show to discuss the ongoing federal investigation into classified documents found in Trump's Mar-a-Lago home during an FBI raid.

"Is there a process? What was your process to declassify?" Hannity asked. "There doesn't have to be a process, as I understand it," Trump responded. "You know, different people say different things, but as I understand it there doesn't have to be." "If you're the president of the United States you can declassify just by saying: ‘It’s declassified.' Even by thinking about it," he added. "There doesn't have to be a process. There can be a process, but there doesn't have to be. You're the president, you make that decision…I declassified everything."
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump- ... g-about-it

Republican US senators are disagreeing with Trump.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/22/politics ... index.html
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:56 pm
Presidents can declassify documents on a whim, even just by "thinking about it," former President Donald Trump told Fox News' Sean Hannity on Wednesday. Trump appeared on Hannity's show to discuss the ongoing federal investigation into classified documents found in Trump's Mar-a-Lago home during an FBI raid.

"Is there a process? What was your process to declassify?" Hannity asked. "There doesn't have to be a process, as I understand it," Trump responded. "You know, different people say different things, but as I understand it there doesn't have to be." "If you're the president of the United States you can declassify just by saying: ‘It’s declassified.' Even by thinking about it," he added. "There doesn't have to be a process. There can be a process, but there doesn't have to be. You're the president, you make that decision…I declassified everything."

The 11th circuit basically said that's irrelevant bullshit. The Documents belong to NARA, classified or not, and are not Trump's.
Dearie's coming down on Trump's lawyers again today, demanding them to tell him if they believe the FBI lied about seized documents. He's boxed them in AGAIN! If they say "yes" he'll demand proof. If they say "no" that's another one of Trump's red herring lies in the dumpster.

YankeeTarheel wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:01 pm

The 11th circuit basically said that's irrelevant bullshit. The Documents belong to NARA, classified or not, and are not Trump's.

Dearie's coming down on Trump's lawyers again today, demanding them to tell him if they believe the FBI lied about seized documents. He's boxed them in AGAIN! If they say "yes" he'll demand proof. If they say "no" that's another one of Trump's red herring lies in the dumpster.
Trump's lawyers have now run up against judges who aren't going to believe anything just because Trump says it. Dearie and the two Trump appointees on the 11th Circuit are seasoned trial court judges, used to hearing bullshit and they detect it very quickly. He's pissing away RNC money like he did with the bogus post-election lawsuits in 2020.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

The special master overseeing the Mar-a-Lago documents investigation has ordered former President Donald Trump’s lawyers to back up out-of-court assertions that the FBI may have planted evidence at the property during their search last month. Judge Raymond Dearie, the court-appointed special master, said in a filing Thursday that Trump’s team needs to submit a sworn declaration saying if they believe the Justice Department included any items on their “inventory” of materials taken from Mar-a-Lago that were not actually seized during the search. The declaration must include “a list of any specific items set forth in the Detailed Property Inventory that Plaintiff asserts were not seized from the Premises on August 8, 2022,” Dearie wrote in the order.

This has come up as an issue in the case because Trump himself, some of his attorneys, and several of his outside Republican allies have publicly claimed that the FBI planted evidence at Mar-a-Lago during the August 8 search. However, they have offered no evidence to support these accusations. Thursday’s new order from Dearie came two days after he held his first in-person hearing with Trump’s lawyers and federal prosecutors, and it spells out his plan for how the special master review will move forward. On Wednesday night, Trump suggested that the FBI planted evidence during the search. He asked Fox News’ Sean Hannity, “Did they drop anything into those piles” of materials taken from Mar-a-Lago, “or did they do it later?” When asked by Hannity if there is video of that, Trump said, “Nah, I don’t think so.” The judge set a September 30 deadline for Trump’s lawyers to submit this sworn declaration. He also asked the Justice Department to submit declarations attesting to key facts regarding the search.
Dearie opened the door in a Thursday order to holding a hearing where “witnesses with knowledge of the relevant facts” could be called to testify about the Mar-a-Lago search and the materials that were seized. If this happens, it could become a put-up-or-shut-up moment for the Trump side, which has made a wide array of statements about alleged government improprieties out of court, but has been much more restrained in court, where it would be a crime to knowingly lie.
The judge also signaled that there might be some documents that are covered by executive privilege but can still be reviewed by the Justice Department, which is part of the executive branch. This would be a more nuanced view than what Trump’s team has offered – which is essentially that federal prosecutors shouldn’t be allowed to look at these privileged documents or to use them as part of the investigation. Dearie also raised the possibility of sending some of the proceedings back to Magistrate Judge Bruce Reinhart, who approved the search warrant after finding there was probable cause of multiple crimes taking place at Mar-a-Lago. That judge has since become the target of death threats and online vitriol from Trump supporters, and Trump has publicly pushed several false claims about him. Dearie has also hired a retired federal judge from the Eastern District of New York to assist his review and will also rely on staff from that district to work on the review of materials. Dearie said the judge, James Orenstein, “has experience with complex case management, privilege review, warrant procedures” and other relevant topics, and that he currently has a top-secret security clearance. The biography page at the law firm where Orenstein formerly worked says he served “on the prosecution team in the Oklahoma City bombings trials.” Attorney General Merrick Garland played a leading role earlier in his career in the Oklahoma City investigation.

Once the republicans take back the house, it'll be endless investigation into Hunter's laptop and endless investigations into the FBI and DOJ being mean to Trump. They will echo the narrative that Trump is being persecuted and do whatever they can to protect him and stymie the DOJ.

If we're lucky, the DOJ will file charges before 2024. If there is a democratic POTUS after the next election, I suspect Trump may be forced to plead guilty to a misdemeanor or two. Of course he'll never do jail time but he may have to admit that he was wrong, which is a big deal for him.

I hope his supporters don't kill anymore people, but we all know they will.
Whatever I said above, just pretend I included the obligatory “both sides,” especially if I said something mean about Trump (don’t want to hurt any feelings).

www.schayden.com

YankeeTarheel wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:01 pm

Of course. trump is saying that if he declassified them, by thinking about them, then they are 'his' and he can take them to the sea side resort. Does the orange turd think that if he 'declassified' something, that info, if in the hands of our enemies, wouldn't still be a threat to national security?
It shows trump's ignorance, how he thinks he's above the law, how he doesn't care about 'national security', just his fat orange ass.

It plainly shows TOS is squirming to be free of consequences for himself... the consequences for American Intelligence or the rest of the nation be damned. It’s what naturally occurs when the world’s most selfish narcissist comes to hold the world’s most powerful office. We as a democracy should never, ever forget this lesson.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Greengunner wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:01 pm Once the republicans take back the house, it'll be endless investigation into Hunter's laptop and endless investigations into the FBI and DOJ being mean to Trump. They will echo the narrative that Trump is being persecuted and do whatever they can to protect him and stymie the DOJ.

If we're lucky, the DOJ will file charges before 2024. If there is a democratic POTUS after the next election, I suspect Trump may be forced to plead guilty to a misdemeanor or two. Of course he'll never do jail time but he may have to admit that he was wrong, which is a big deal for him.

I hope his supporters don't kill anymore people, but we all know they will.

I have no doubt you're right, that's politics whether it's the US or another country. I do hope that the Democrats have copies of all the records of the Jan 6 committee stored at an undisclosed location preferably notarized, because the originals could accidentally get shredded. Politics is war, you don't have one battlefield with soldiers and armor, it's everywhere and belligerents don't wear uniforms.

YankeeTarheel wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:37 pm He also doesn't "get" that the Presidential Records Act does not recognize classification. Period. These are records of Trump's "Presidency" and they belong to the National Archives, not Trump.
The big, fat orange turd is speaking to his maga(t) base with this drivel. So, when he is charged, he can call for a J6 type 'rally' at the Federal Courthouse where he will be charged. It will be protected, with zip-tie handcuffs a-plenty. We'll see how many of these mouthbreathers actually show up.

Apparently he's having lawyer troubles along with his crimes. He he.

This has the original twitter link in it and has quotes from that thread:
During her side-hustle moonlighting as a reporter on far-right network RSBN, Trump attorney Christina Bobb now claims she was never on the Trump legal team handling the Mar-a-Lago case.
https://old.reddit.com/r/law/comments/x ... _reporter/

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Earlier Christina Bobb was an on-air host for OANN and a solid Trumper. She might not be a lead atty for Trump, but she's on the team.
The affair elevated Bobb’s role as one of Trump’s attorneys and as a person tightly tied to the investigation. She not only signed the receipt of the search warrant earlier this month, but The New York Times reported that Bobb, as custodian of the documents, signed a June statement asserting that, to the best of her knowledge, all classified material had been provided to the government. The statement was drafted by another Trump attorney.

If true, the revelation could open Bobb to potential legal exposure, though it’s as likely that she would serve as a witness – and be forced to testify against Trump – should any charges be brought against the former president, said Norm Eisen, former Obama administration ethics czar and counsel in the first Trump impeachment. Her signed June assertion may also, at least partially, support the underlying probable cause for the obstruction of justice allegation in the search warrant, he said.
https://archive.ph/c5Ova#selection-743.0-763.373

She won’t be charged with any crime such as obstruction, because TOS just had a thought to pardon her of any wrongdoing. Since he still thinks he is President that makes it so.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,