Re: How’s the weather

It's overcast again today currently 72F with a high forecasted at 79F. We got some residuals yesterday from Tropical Storm Kay and thunder, lightning and some rain, but nothing so far today. Minimal amount of rain yesterday.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

The first leaf on my Maple bonsai turned yesterday. One block over is a Maple that started four days ago, and it's the earliest in the neighborhood every year. I'm looking forward to rain, but I'm not optimistic that it will come. Still, after two days below 90--today's high should be 80--I'm just fine. In cold areas the big thing is to throw a pan of hot water into the air and watch it freeze. Here, we watch beer evaporate from the refrigerator, more's the pity.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

68F in SATX headed for low 90's PM, cloudy, no rain forecast. Mid 50's just north of here in hill country area.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

It's actually raining right now. We might get like an entire inch. Good things will happen from that inch. Oh. Gotta go close the tops of the car windows. :-)

Sika's temp is in centigrade. I wondered whether winter had come early in TX. Laughed out loud.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Hot and muggy. Behind 15" on normal annual rain fall to date. Still need one more day to tie all time number of 100F days in a year. Close today (99F), but no cigar.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Wino wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:14 pm Hot and muggy. Behind 15" on normal annual rain fall to date. Still need one more day to tie all time number of 100F days in a year. Close today (99F), but no cigar.
Same here in north Texas.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Now this is more like it should be this morn - 65F 21%RH - no rain in site for 7 days, sunny skies. AC on Eco setting, doors and windows open. Now 87F 22%RH. Ideal.

Yes Floridians, please stay safe.

Back to hot weather here, it's been in the 90s during the day so a/c is back on. Yesterday I had to go to the hot lower desert where it was 110-112F. On the way home I got backed up in traffic, a truck with a horse trailer broke down on a 4 lane highway with a concrete barrier down the middle. A CHIP was trying to get vehicles around the breakdown, he was in full uniform with a campaign hat and the temp was 105F, probably hotter in the sun. He was a young guy, but I still felt sorry for him along with the horses in the trailer.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

With the hurricane landing on Florida we can expect that TOS will demand funds to repair MarALoco damage done. Also DeSatan will apply for FEMA funds even thought the state of Florida can afford to fly people from Texas to Martha’s Vineyards in chartered aircraft.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,