Re: New SARS type virus spreading in China

Spoke with druggist yesterday about flu and covid shots. She suggested I wait until end of Sept. early October on both. Covid booster had not been approved until late yesterday and she said the flu shots would be more inclusive in later versions. Since I've had 4x Pfizer I'll wait. I do have a scheduled 6 month follow up appt. with new GP or PA on 12th as my GP quit WellMed. Usually get my flu vaxx from them and Covid from druggist or health center.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Wino wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:30 am Spoke with druggist yesterday about flu and covid shots. She suggested I wait until end of Sept. early October on both. Covid booster had not been approved until late yesterday and she said the flu shots would be more inclusive in later versions. Since I've had 4x Pfizer I'll wait. I do have a scheduled 6 month follow up appt. with new GP or PA on 12th as my GP quit WellMed. Usually get my flu vaxx from them and Covid from druggist or health center.
Flu vaccines will be available from three different manufacturers, targeting four different strains of influenza.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/season/faq-flu- ... 20vaccine.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:00 am
Get everyone vaccinated with the new formulation before the expected Winter surge of COVID cases. We've seen those Winter surges already that overstress the healthcare system.
Unfortunately, there will be that large group, of brainwashed idiots, that are refusing to be vaccinated and keep incubating and spreading the virus.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, signed off Thursday on the recommendation of the agency's independent vaccine advisers in favor of updated Covid-19 vaccine boosters from Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna. The CDC's Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices voted 13 to 1 earlier in the day to recommend updated mRNA boosters for Americans this fall.
Walensky's decision means the shots could be available by Friday, according to pharmaceutical manufacturers, which began shipping the new doses after the US Food and Drug Administration authorized them Wednesday.

"The updated COVID-19 boosters are formulated to better protect against the most recently circulating COVID-19 variant," Walensky said in a statement. "They can help restore protection that has waned since previous vaccination and were designed to provide broader protection against newer variants. This recommendation followed a comprehensive scientific evaluation and robust scientific discussion. If you are eligible, there is no bad time to get your COVID-19 booster and I strongly encourage you to receive it." The updated boosters have instructions that tell our cells to make antibodies against two strains of the virus that causes Covid-19: the original strain and the BA.4 and BA.5 Omicron subvariants, which share the same spike.

Pfizer/BioNTech's updated vaccine is a 30-microgram dose authorized for people 12 and older. Moderna's updated vaccine is a 50-microgram dose authorized for people 18 and older.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/01/health/a ... index.html

Pfizer is saying they should be available by next week, I image Moderna is the same.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Have 10:30 AM appt. for tomorrow 9/14 for latest CV booster. Will wait until Oct. for annual flu shot as they don't have the latest supper duper old fart shot.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

My first four doses were all Pfizer, this was my first Moderna. Side effects for me was some minor fatigue and pain at the injection site that didn't start until the second day and lasted over four days. I didn't take any acetaminophen or ibuprofen. The pharmacist was good and pushed in the syringe plunger slowly, not quickly.

Dang!! Left upper arm sore as hell - otherwise no effects that I'm aware since I'm tired/exhausted most of the time, hard to say what's cause other than old age.

Had a hell of a time getting into V-Safe to report new booster - finally got thru late last night.

Hmmmm..............maybe should be masking up while on line ?? LOL

Just found out was was snookered by my grocer pharmacy. I specifically asked if this was BA5/6 and was told yes, then see on my new card it was B1 - not latest. Guess I'll end up with another booster next month after I get annual flu vaxx.

Wino wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:02 pm Hmmmm..............maybe should be masking up while on line ?? LOL

Just found out was was snookered by my grocer pharmacy. I specifically asked if this was BA5/6 and was told yes, then see on my new card it was B1 - not latest. Guess I'll end up with another booster next month after I get annual flu vaxx.
Sorry you got the wrong one Wino. I was afraid that might happen when I went in, so I had my old CDC card and the tech compared it to the state vaccination database and kept it until the pharmacist saw it. Then a clerk rang it up so they could bill my insurance carrier for the administration fee of $40.00 and she gave me a copy and it showed Moderna Bivalent. The Bivalent vaccines are the newest that include the original vaccine plus BA.4 & BA.5 variants. Try another pharmacy for the next booster?
https://www.fda.gov/media/161327/download

Wino wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:02 pm Hmmmm..............maybe should be masking up while on line ?? LOL

Refund!
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

Just got the jab for the Moderna Bivalent yesterday. Had a slight site reaction almost immediately, had to be shown to the head of the pharmacy. She said it happens and is not unexpected. Sore arm and feel like a wet dishrag today. Going to sleep as much as possible.
7553A3F7-3C49-4A05-B88D-635CB40D3DEB.jpeg
Medicine! (Bourbon)

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Texas AG says counties can spend COVID relief funds on extra pay for elected officials without public notice

While Texas counties have to notify taxpayers before increasing elected officials’ salaries, they likely don’t have to have to give such advance notice when using federal COVID-19 relief funds for certain pay increases, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton said in a nonbinding opinion this week.

Tyler County, located about 120 miles northeast of Houston, received more than $4 million in direct federal funding under the American Rescue Plan Act last year. Now, elected or appointed county officials who have worked during the COVID-19 pandemic could each receive up to $25,000 of that funding.

This week, Paxton’s office issued the nonbinding opinion in response to a February request from the Tyler County auditor.
https://www.texastribune.org/2022/09/22 ... y-general/

Just another grift from our indicted AG.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Got stuck this morning with the newest pfizer versiom making it the fourth covid vaccine.
The only pain I endured was the inconvenience of waiting for an hour when I had made an appointment days ago.
The incompetent people that run the pharmacy at Walgreens apparently does not believe in appointments.
No. You must stand in a long line with everyone else who decided to pick up a prescription.
Then fill out more forms, the same form you fill out online! Plus another to see if your up to date on all your other vaccines so they can sell you another I suppose. I didn't fill that one out.
I'll never go to a Walgreens again.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

tonguengroover wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:54 pm Got stuck this morning with the newest pfizer versiom making it the fourth covid vaccine.
The only pain I endured was the inconvenience of waiting for an hour when I had made an appointment days ago.
The incompetent people that run the pharmacy at Walgreens apparently does not believe in appointments.
No. You must stand in a long line with everyone else who decided to pick up a prescription.
Then fill out more forms, the same form you fill out online! Plus another to see if your up to date on all your other vaccines so they can sell you another I suppose. I didn't fill that one out.
I'll never go to a Walgreens again.
Had the same experience at Walgreens with my Moderna. They should have somewhere said they wanted you to print out the form from online. I’m not going to blame the pharmacy, I’m going to blame the people who don’t want a unified universal healthcare system where filling out asinine forms would be unnecessary. Once I was back in the Finnish system I never had to fill out forms for appointments like this or any other. The physicians and healthcare providers had direct access to my information and why the hell not, that what I was there for to get treated.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.