Re: Glock switch

Now I get the name. When we built the house we are in now, wife wanted hardwood, but it was out of reach financially. We went with the snap together stuff, Pergo I think it's called. Installation cost was my back and knees. I hate it, super slick when my shoes are wet, adding sore butt to final cost. Shoulda gone wood instead of whatever that stuff is.

When I worked electrical, I watched the sub-flooring being laid and the framing go up, only to drill holes through and nail boxes onto them. Then later scrape out from all those boxes the joint compound placed lovingly there by the drywall finisher.

The fellow I worked with was from El Salvador, spoke better English than many West B.G. Virginians and was a code expert, who taught me how to read and interpret NEC-speak.

Our guardian government sent him back and we are diminished because of it.
Getting old, or is it just me?

tonguengroover wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:32 am
Ok, the trades were killed by illegal immigration, and the out-sourcing of manufacturing so you need to deal with that!
Being in the trades I would say illegals did screw up the building trades even into flooring as it kept the wages artificially very low and in the framing area you couldn't make a living off what they paid. Especially down here along the border. The builders loved it. Now they hate the laws AZ has enacted. ASnd with covid all of them either went to other states or back to Mexico.
There's still many around working under a contractor thats paying them cash so they don't get caught. But wages have definitely gone up.
There's no doubt "illegal" immigration killed the trades, and the unions, as most construction now is done with scab illegals willing to work for much less while living multiple generations in small homes/apartments and sending their money back south. Typically there are only a couple of union journeymen acting as supervisors on today's building sites around here.

This all started decades ago and at the time the union construction workers would picket etc, though to no avail, and now nobody even bothers. I'm in the SF CA Bay Area, not on the southern border, with many friends in the trades (who now employ mostly illegals as they can't compete otherwise).

It's bad!

It's the same with other domestic manufacturing, or what is left of it after the greedy sent it overseas decades ago. Similar things are present in various service job sectors as well.

There are not infinite jobs, resources, electricity, homes available for unrestricted illegal immigration, regardless of who is hoping for friendly voters in the future or increased profits now, and that's not even including COVID etc, not to mention the environmental impacts of "illegal" immigration.

I can't stand Gov Abbott, but I do think it's funny that he's busing illegals to DC and NYC, and now the DC and NYC Dems are whining about it.

There are likely at least 20 MILLION illegals in the US currently, with more arriving every day, it's simply unsustainable. Save the DACA kids, give a Green Card to some who have been here forever and prospered without being criminals, and close the freakin' border already!

Add some more people to improve the flow through the immigration courts, and manage the situation humanely (not like Der Trumpenfuhrer).

Immigrants here NEED to be legal, or they need to be gone, and Mexico south needs to know that regardless which corrupt party is in power, illegal immigration has ended.

DJD100 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:37 pm
sikacz wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:49 pm Address the underlying causes, stiffer penalties will do nothing.
You say this often, with no details?

How about some details, how exactly will you "Address the underlying causes"?
You should read all the material the leadership here has already compiled. I took it for granted you could read. That’s all I need to say, plus you don’t seem to grasp a simple concept, underlying causes. How much of an explanation do you need. The topic has been addressed many times and in detail. So read and stop pushing the bloomie points.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:19 pm
sikacz wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:49 pm Address the underlying causes, stiffer penalties will do nothing.

You should read all the material the leadership here has already compiled. I took it for granted you could read. That’s all I need to say, plus you don’t seem to grasp a simple concept, underlying causes. How much of an explanation do you need. The topic has been addressed many times and in detail. So read and stop pushing the bloomie points.
That's it, you have nada?

DJD100 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:38 am

Except he's pointed out where the watering trough is, it's up to you to drink from it. He's under no obligation to put a bucket of water at your feet.

BKinzey wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:33 am

Except he's pointed out where the watering trough is, it's up to you to drink from it. He's under no obligation to put a bucket of water at your feet.
Got it, not open to discussion LOL!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

theliberalgunclub.com/about-us/root-cause-mitigation-2/

?

The juvenile was released to his mother and James Keys was slated into the Franklin County Jail for felony of the second- degree improper discharge of a firearm and felony of the second-degree inducing panic.
What? Don't they have a Juvie detention center, jees.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

DJD100 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:19 pm
That's your interpretation. With your attitude, why should I help you?

BKinzey wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:41 pm
DJD100 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:19 pm

That's your interpretation. With your attitude, why should I help you?
You shouldn't even consider it obviously (my attitude LOL...), as the topic is obviously not open to discussion, rather it's only open for one viewpoint to be read, so we're done here.

Back on topic!