Re: FBI Raids Trump/Mar-A-Lago!

The National Archives asked nicely and got nowhere, DOJ asked nicely and got nowhere. Someone inside and it could have been a Secret Service agent was the FBI's source. He's known for having loose lips and apparently is loose with highly classified intelligence documents.
Donald Trump once boasted to a reporter about the nuclear information he had.

In Bob Woodward's 2020 book "Rage," the journalist detailed a conversation with Trump in 2019 in which the then-president described a secret nuclear weapons system he credited himself with creating. "I have built a nuclear — a weapons system that nobody's ever had in this country before. We have stuff that Putin and Xi have never heard about before. There's nobody — what we have is incredible," Trump reportedly said. Woodward wrote that sources confirmed the new weapons system existed, but were "surprised Trump had disclosed it." It's not clear what kind of nuclear weapons Trump was referring to.
https://sports.yahoo.com/trump-once-rev ... 19057.html
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

John Bolton had the correct answer as to why turd took all this to Mar-A-Lardo - "Because he thought he could and get away with it." In his eyes he is invincible - let's hope he is very incorrect !!
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

The magistrate judge not only granted the Justice Department’s request for a search warrant, he determined that the department did not need to give Mr. Trump notice of the search on the grounds that doing so could result in adverse actions such as destruction of evidence, evidence tampering and intimidation of potential witnesses, according to the warrant.
Well I’ll be... Finally, a no-knock search warrant I approve of!

A shame they waited for TOS to leave before going in. I would have paid money to see agents use a breaching ram and a flash-bang tossed through the front door.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

highdesert wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:44 am We don't know for a fact that nuclear secrets was the target of the FBI warrant, WaPo is a reputable news source and they have reported it. I want to see more facts, "former officials" and "committee documents" from one party are political not non-partisan. There are plenty of opinions, how about some facts.
As of last night...TOT and his right wing lemmings went from 'hoax' to 'planted' to trump admitting the FBI grabbed this stuff, 'but it was all declassified'..which is BS..trump can't point at a bunch of boxes getting loaded onto trucks on Jan 20, 2021, and say-'poof, all are declassified'.
Besides, doesn't matter...even IF 'declassified', still not trump's property. And if they deal with national security=violates the Espionage Act..

Question is WHY keep all this crap? Ego? Bragging rights to MBS? Sell or give to Putin....?

Georgia, NY, J6 investigation, tax returns to J6...and now espionage...wonder when he'll pop up in SA or Moscow...

Now he claims he gave a "standing order" to declassify stuff so he could take them home to "work." My guess is there will be lots of chin music and zero paper work evidence. If he traded nuke secrets to MBS and Jared got $2B, then they all need to go to jail and the orange guy needs to swing on TV like Saddam.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Here's How Republicans Are Brushing Off The FBI Search Of Trump's Residence

Republicans have been furiously working to explain away the unprecedented FBI search of former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence in search of classified documents this week.

They’ve expressed no concern over what documents Trump may have had at the resort ― which is also accessible to the public ― even though The Washington Post has reported that nuclear secrets may have been among the papers.

Instead, they’ve relentlessly criticized the FBI and vowed to investigate the agency as soon as they get the power to do so.
Here are some of the excuses they are using to excuse TOS.

FBI Agents Went Rogue-They did this without proper authority.
FBI Agents Planted Evidence- The FBI planted the boxes of classified materials.
Nuclear Secrets May Not Be That Secret- But, you can see the documents on the internet.
The FBI Loves Democrats- Especially Hillary
Obama Took Documents With Him, Too- Well he did it too.
Maybe It Was Aliens- Those sneaky liberal green men.

Full Article here with an explanation of the excuses. https://www.huffpost.com/entry/republic ... e6f6acfdfa
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

This should also be a wakeup call for Congress to enact legislation on the process for classifying and declassifying intelligence and documents. It's never really been a problem in the past and then there is Trump, Congress needs to pass a law.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Just when you believe this loser has reached his nadir of criminality, he moves the goal post of depravity.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

I am surprised that TOS hasn't whipped out a piece of paper that says as President he has pardoned himself from any and all charges that maybe brought against him because he is immune from any actions that were committed during his time in office and after he was illegally removed from office.

Edit: He has issued and unsigned document that as president he can declassify and and all documents.
Trump issues unsigned statement offering yet another excuse for possession of classified info

On Friday evening, Trump's organization reportedly gave an exclusive new statement to far-right writer John Solomon, who proceeded to read it on-air on Fox News. Solomon is one of Trump's representatives to the National Archives and Records Administration, along with Kash Patel.

"As we can all relate to, everyone ends up having to bring home their work from time to time. American presidents are no different. President Trump, in order to prepare for work the next day, often took documents including classified documents from the Oval Office to the residence," Trump admitted, even though some of the documents recovered are supposed to remain in a SCIF or "Secure, Compartmentalized Information Facility."

"He had a standing order that documents removed from the Oval Office and taken into the residence were deemed to be declassified," the unnamed spokesperson said.
That would mean that all of the documents in question are now in the public domain.
"The power to classify and declassify documents rests solely with the President of the United States. The idea that some paper-pushing bureaucrat, with classification authority delegated by the president, needs to approve of declassification is absurd," the statement falsely claimed.

The president does not have the power to unilaterally declassify nuclear weapons information.
https://www.rawstory.com/donald-trump-2657857598/

Just throwing out more Bullshit to his MAGA idiots to believe.
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Unsigned. So, that happened.

No, I did not take the last beer. Here's a doc. Not signed, though.

"Beer run!"

On edit, this, from David Reiss, M.D. @DMRDynamics
Schrödinger's Treason:

When you didn't take, accidentally took, innocently used, declassified and then took, took and then declassified, the documents that you never took and were illicitly planted in your house by the FBI - all simultaneously.
CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Wino wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:55 am
F4FEver wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:23 am
featureless wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:28 pm Just a bit of caution in the jubilation. Nearly a third of this country think the election was rigged. Many believe their messiah is being persecuted by an illegitimate government. Civil War is being tossed all over social media right now. Be fucking careful out there, friends. Shit just got weirded. Our masks, cars, dress and carriage identify us as not "them." And they are royally pissed.
Yup...I'm glad I live in a VERY blue town in a blue state but some of these ass-holes may very well travel to 'blue bastions' to reek havoc. Stay prepared, stay vigilant.
When the orange turd gets charged..it's going to get even more 'interesting' when trump the traitor calls on followers to come to help him...
................and he will ask them to protect and defend him. He will destroy this nation for his own ego. I'm doubtful sanity will ever prevail in USofA again.

Now I have to go pull my PT100 .40S&W from safe, reload three extended mags for my second EDC. Sadly, things are about to go side ways whether turd is indicted or not.
It may be better if they go 2nd Civil War prematurely instead of waiting for State Legislative Republicans to steal the 2024 election.

CDFingers wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:07 am Now he claims he gave a "standing order" to declassify stuff so he could take them home to "work." My guess is there will be lots of chin music and zero paper work evidence. If he traded nuke secrets to MBS and Jared got $2B, then they all need to go to jail and the orange guy needs to swing on TV like Saddam.

CDFingers
Now we're talkin', git a rope!

Seems he is having trouble finding lawyers that are capable of any defending strategy in the case against him.

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-lawyers-2657859785/

He goes through lawyers faster than he goes through Sharpies. He needs lots of them since he is facing court cases in Florida, Georgia, New York and DC. Along with others to be named.

John Kelly: Trump ‘didn’t believe in the classification system’

Former White House chief of staff John Kelly explained to The Washington Post that his former boss did not understand why America's secrets are classified.

Kelly's comments were included in a Washington Post deep-dive by reporters Josh Dawsey, Rosalind S. Helderman, Jacqueline Alemany and Devlin Barrett titled, "Trump’s secrets: How a records dispute led the FBI to search Mar-a-Lago."

"A Trump adviser said the former president’s reluctance to relinquish the records stems from his belief that many items created during his term — photos, notes, even a model of Air Force One built to show off a new paint job he had commissioned — are now his personal property, despite a law dating to the 1970s that decreed otherwise," the newspaper reported.
“His sense was that the people who are in the intel business are incompetent, and he knew better,” Kelly said. “He didn’t believe in the classification system.”
https://www.rawstory.com/john-kelly-donald-trump/

TOS believes he is able to make his own rules and not have to follow other rules and laws. A Medical term for this is a Sociopath also called narcissistic personality disorder or antisocial personality disorder.

At least one lawyer for former President Donald J. Trump signed a written statement in June asserting that all material marked as classified and held in boxes in a storage area at Mr. Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence and club had been returned to the government, four people with knowledge of the document said. The written declaration was made after a visit on June 3 to Mar-a-Lago by Jay I. Bratt, the top counterintelligence official in the Justice Department’s national security division.

The existence of the signed declaration, which has not previously been reported, is a possible indication that Mr. Trump or his team were not fully forthcoming with federal investigators about the material. And it could help explain why a potential violation of a criminal statute related to obstruction was cited by the department as one basis for seeking the warrant used to carry out the daylong search of the former president’s home on Monday, an extraordinary step that generated political shock waves. It also helps to further explain the sequence of events that prompted the Justice Department’s decision to conduct the search after months in which it had tried to resolve the matter through discussions with Mr. Trump and his team.

An inventory of the material taken from Mr. Trump’s home that was released on Friday showed that F.B.I. agents seized 11 sets of documents during the search with some type of confidential or secret marking on them, including some marked as “classified/TS/SCI” — shorthand for “top secret/sensitive compartmented information.” Information categorized in that fashion is meant to be viewed only in a secure government facility. The search encompassed not just the storage area where boxes of material known to the Justice Department were being held but also Mr. Trump’s office and residence. The search warrant and inventory unsealed on Friday did not specify where in the Mar-a-Lago complex the documents marked as classified were found.
The warrant said F.B.I. agents were carrying out the search to look for evidence related to possible violations of the obstruction statute as well as the Espionage Act and a statute that bars the unlawful taking or destruction of government records or documents. No one has been charged in the case, and the search warrant on its own does not mean anyone will be.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/13/us/p ... l-fbi.html

Greengunner wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:55 pm So now multiple news sources are reporting that classified documents were removed from Mar-a-Lago, including "top secret" documents that are only supposed to be available in special government facilities.

If I've got this correct, when Trump left office, he took fifteen boxes of documents from the white house, in clear violation of the presidential records act. He ignored multiple requests to return the documents. When the white house finally got the fifteen boxes back, they found that the boxes contained classified documents, bumping things up to a whole new legal level. They also discovered that he hadn't returned everything. Finally, a judge signs off on a warrant and the FBI searches the resort and recovers, you guessed it, more classified documents, some marked top secret.

Am i missing something? If not, why isn't he already in cuffs?
No kidding. Now TOT says 'they were all declassified', which is nonsense and also dangerous because trump is too stupid to recognize what some of these documents talked about..like sources of info(dangerous to them if made public). BUT, doesn't matter if 'declassifed', if dealing with national security, violates the Espionage Act.

BUT, why the farge did trump keep this stuff and transport to M-Loco? I suspect I know...juicy info to the likes of SA, Russia and maybe Israel.

Bisbee wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:39 pm Truly bonehead on 45’s part.

Too lazy to follow national security protocol when leaving the WH.

Make a stink when FBI agents come to retrieve sensitive nuclear or espionage information.

Accuse Dems of personal persecution and demand unsealing the search warrant.

Have the DOJ reveal your bonehead move to the world by unsealing the search warrant.

Appear an asshat to all Conservatives and Americans of conscience.

Investigated for obstruction of justice and violating the Espionage Act to face criminal prosecution.

Claim complete cooperation with federal investigators like a simp.
Gotta again, ask why would trump take all this SI/TS/Secret stuff home to 'the southern 'wh'? Why do that? He knew what was in those boxes...why take 'em?

I suspect as info to be shared with the likes of MBS, Putin and the people running the show in Israel.

highdesert wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:32 am This should also be a wakeup call for Congress to enact legislation on the process for classifying and declassifying intelligence and documents. It's never really been a problem in the past and then there is Trump, Congress needs to pass a law.
There is a process.
First, a U.S. president does have uniquely sweeping declassification abilities, though there is a process that involves written documentation and several other steps.
It's not the case that a president can declassify documents with just verbal instructions. His instruction to declassify a given document would first be memorialized in a written memo, usually drafted by White House counsel, which he would then sign.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-classified-records/

DJD100 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:05 pm
CDFingers wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:07 am Now he claims he gave a "standing order" to declassify stuff so he could take them home to "work." My guess is there will be lots of chin music and zero paper work evidence. If he traded nuke secrets to MBS and Jared got $2B, then they all need to go to jail and the orange guy needs to swing on TV like Saddam.

CDFingers
Now we're talkin', git a rope!
TOT now says this
"As we can all relate to, everyone ends up having to bring home their work from time to time. American presidents are no different. President Trump, in order to prepare for work the next day, often took documents including classified documents from the Oval Office to the residence," Trump admitted, even though some of the documents recovered are supposed to remain in a SCIF or "Secure, Compartmentalized Information Facility."
OK, but after January 20th, 2021, you weren't POTUS anymore..why did ya keep this stuff? Maybe he really thinks he's still president and 'had work to do'....

BUT, doesn't matter if declassified, still violates the Espionage Act if kept after Jan 20, 2021

F4FEver wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:33 am
No kidding. Now TOT says 'they were all declassified', which is nonsense and also dangerous because trump is too stupid to recognize what some of these documents talked about..like sources of info(dangerous to them if made public). BUT, doesn't matter if 'declassifed', if dealing with national security, violates the Espionage Act.

BUT, why the farge did trump keep this stuff and transport to M-Loco? I suspect I know...juicy info to the likes of SA, Russia and maybe Israel.
Why do some people take or buy stuff and just hide in their homes for years and is only found when they die. Not that it is displayed or taken out and used. It is call hoarding. In TOS case, there is the little kid saying its mine and nobody else can have it, behavior when told they need to share. Just like the playground bully that says you play by my rules, or I will take my ball and bat home and you won’t be able to play ball.

TOS needs to be placed in a secure facility that is for those needing long term mental health care. Where he can interact with the other patients that think they are Christ, Napoleon, or other figures of history. There he can shuffle flushable paper signed with a crayon all day as president.