Re: FBI Raids Trump/Mar-A-Lago!

As expected, here we go.
Republicans Promise Retaliation Against Justice Department Over Trump Raid

Congressional Republicans vowed payback for the Justice Department after federal law enforcement agents searched former President Donald Trump’s home in Florida.

“The Justice Department has reached an intolerable state of weaponized politicization,” House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) said in a statement.

McCarthy didn’t mention Trump, but the statement was a clear reference to news that the FBI had searched Trump’s home at his Mar-A-Lago resort in Palm Beach. The investigation reportedly pertains to records Trump brought to his private residence from the White House, though the Justice Department has not issued a statement or confirmed any details.
Despite the lack of information about the search, McCarthy and other Republicans suggested it was fundamentally improper to investigate possible wrongdoing by the former president ― in other words, that Trump should be above the law.

McCarthy said that if Republicans win control of the House in November’s midterm elections, they will task committees with investigating the Justice Department’s investigation of Trump.

“When Republicans take back the House, we will conduct immediate oversight of this department, follow the facts, and leave no stone unturned,” McCarthy said.

To Attorney General Merrick Garland, McCarthy said, “preserve your documents and clear your calendar.”
Full article here: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/republic ... 32ad75c11d

Nixon in Hell is going, " Damn Repugs, they wouldn't do that for me."
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

TrueTexan wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:41 pm
FrontSight wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:30 pm
Greengunner wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:21 pm I still say he’ll never be held accountable for anything, but if I end up eating my hat on that one, I’ll enjoy every bite. Here’s hoping I’ve got it all wrong.
Depends on what you call held accountable. He WILL be charged, and most likely convicted. But the next Republican will pardon him on day one. So he will never see the inside of a jail.
Well he might see the jail cell for a year or so while Biden is still in office. Of course he will appeal any conviction all the way to the SCOTUS with hope his court toadies will reverse the decision.

Now we can hope, he might try and act as the martyr and just be left behind in the dustbin of history.
I don't see Trump being charged, brought to trial, convicted, and sentenced inside of 2 years. He has a lot of legal options to drag this out for a long time. I can see him tried, and possibly convicted in that time, but sentenced and sent to jail; no. If convicted before Biden leaves office, Trump will get a delay in serving his sentence which will buy him time for the next President to take office.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

While everyone else on The Hill plays politics, the wheels of justice slowly grinds and grinds forward. This seizure of documents was impactful to TOS: 1) Potential evidence have been gathered to prosecute him for sedition; 2) Psychological impact of federal law enforcement legally penetrate his home is priceless. 45 is not a detail oriented individual and this “raid” may make him slip up and badly.

We should all understand that this is our moment to show Kevin that Americans have learned the lessons of McCarthyism. When you allow bullies to run roughshod over government, the whole of society goes to hell. It takes courage to stand up to bullies and move forward with only facts and the Rule of Law. It is good to listen to protestors who may be gullible enough to defend #45, always good to let them speak their piece. But we cannot back down when they commit illegal acts or brazenly threaten. The prosecution and sentencing to prison of Jan 6 rioters will also help introduce the fear of ghad (or at least the fear of the law) into them to think twice about any protection afforded by herd mentality.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

tonguengroover wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:52 pm The crazies will come out of the woodwork and start some shit before ToT goes to jail.
Question is, is it going to be mayhem in the streets or an organized attack on government buildings and dem politicians.
I think both.
I hope that doesn't happen, but if it has to happen then so be it. This prosecution needs to happen or our Constitution is meaningless.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

tonguengroover wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:52 pm The crazies will come out of the woodwork and start some shit before ToT goes to jail.
Question is, is it going to be mayhem in the streets or an organized attack on government buildings and dem politicians.
I think both.
Instead of the Reichstag Fire we get the Mar-A-Lago weeny roast.
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

I think both.
It will not mayhem in the streets because most TOT supporters feel they still have too much to lose; more wealthy than BLM supporters in other words who may be more willing to burn it all down in frustration due to generational poverty.

It will also not be an organized attack because those willing to commit violence cannot organize without the FBI finding out. (See Jan 6.)

What is left are small individuals who are so frustrated and desperate to be heard that they commit lone-wolf attacks because of evil messaging. Oklahoma bombing kind of attacks. Minority church shootings and the such. Beatings of defenseless Asians. Possibly random shootings on freeways...
Last edited by Bisbee on Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Bisbee wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:52 pm
What is left are small individuals who are so frustrated and desperate to be heard that they commit lone-wolf attacks because of evil messaging. Oklahoma bombing kind of attacks. Minority church shootings and the such. Beatings of defenseless Asians. Possibly random shootings on freeways...
Or as we know as Business as usual.

Donald Trump’s team and allies are moving swiftly to draw political benefit from an unannounced search by FBI agents at the former president’s Mar-a-Lago home on Monday. And they’re keeping tabs of Republicans who aren’t, in their view, sufficiently rushing to his defense. For hours, word of the search was kept to a close group of aides, lawyers, and Trump family members as it was taking place in real time. Then, Trump confirmed the news in a lengthy statement, only after it leaked out late in the afternoon that agents had left Mar-a-Lago. The bombshell set off frantic, hasty-arranged calls among Trump allies to discuss how to calibrate a response. And, soon enough, a clear narrative emerged from them: The search represented a deliberate political targeting, one that underscored the Democrat’s perception of Trump as a political threat.

“They’re going to drastically use this to rally their allies, GOP leaders on Capitol Hill and juice for his political agenda and run for 2024,” said a person close to the Trump operation. “If there was a 99 percent chance it’s 100 percent now. He makes it part of his platform – going after the FBI.” Trump called it not “necessary or appropriate.” His allies called it the weaponization of law enforcement and an escalatory move by a federal government they conspiratorially say is out to destroy Trump ahead of any presidential run. The FBI and DOJ have declined to comment on the search. Biden administration officials said they had no advance notice of it. Alongside the anger towards the FBI, the sense among Trump allies was that the search could be a potential political boon for the ex-president.
While Trump’s team was bullish about the political benefits of being targeted by the FBI, the situation comes with clear and obvious downsides. Legal experts said that it would be highly unlikely that the agency would have taken such action without clear evidence of wrongdoing — noting the rarity of a former president being targeted so aggressively. The search would require the signoff of a federal judge or magistrate, who would issue the warrant based upon evidence of a potential crime.

On top of that, Trump is embroiled in a number of legal dramas and headaches, in addition to being the focus and target of the House January 6 committee. Focus groups of Trump 2020 voters have shown that even they have grown wary of the drama that accompanies his political ventures and are ready to move on.
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/08/0 ... n-00050485

Behind the scenes I assume that DeSantis, Pompeo and other 2024 hopefuls are cheering the FBI, publicly they have to support Trump. His new war on the FBI I don't think will play well with the public, but we'll have to see what the polls show.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

A week of Mondays for the turd - raid on home; committee gets tax returns; Rudy told to get to Atlanta best he can - try hitch hiking dumb fuck!!; 36K files turned over to AG in NY. Hope his week continues down hill for the rest of his miserable fucking life. FDT

I'm hoping Garland has a smoking cannon !!
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Wino wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:05 pm I'm hoping Garland has a smoking cannon !!
I doubt he has much else other than what we have already seen. There's more than enough to get a conviction on conspiracy to defraud the US government. He will lose in court, like he always does. Of course any conviction of a president will be appealed and eventually end up in SCOTUS...and then we'll see what they're made of.

Wino wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:55 am
F4FEver wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:23 am
featureless wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:28 pm Just a bit of caution in the jubilation. Nearly a third of this country think the election was rigged. Many believe their messiah is being persecuted by an illegitimate government. Civil War is being tossed all over social media right now. Be fucking careful out there, friends. Shit just got weirded. Our masks, cars, dress and carriage identify us as not "them." And they are royally pissed.
Yup...I'm glad I live in a VERY blue town in a blue state but some of these ass-holes may very well travel to 'blue bastions' to reek havoc. Stay prepared, stay vigilant.
When the orange turd gets charged..it's going to get even more 'interesting' when trump the traitor calls on followers to come to help him...
................and he will ask them to protect and defend him. He will destroy this nation for his own ego. I'm doubtful sanity will ever prevail in USofA again.

Now I have to go pull my PT100 .40S&W from safe, reload three extended mags for my second EDC. Sadly, things are about to go side ways whether turd is indicted or not.
I'm ALWAYS carrying..and put my Ruger Carbine in car...Just got it from son..the breakdown model. 9mm...

I think both.
I think both also..J6 committee needs to be careful. 'Organized'', probably small, may be armed but most of these far right weirdos don't really want to go tow to toe with the military and end up dead. Will there be mayhem? No doubt...

I agree with Bisbee..as far as a felony criminal conviction of TOT...I don't think that's something SCOTUS even deals with, do they?

F4FEver wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:33 am
Wino wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:55 am
F4FEver wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:23 am
featureless wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:28 pm Just a bit of caution in the jubilation. Nearly a third of this country think the election was rigged. Many believe their messiah is being persecuted by an illegitimate government. Civil War is being tossed all over social media right now. Be fucking careful out there, friends. Shit just got weirded. Our masks, cars, dress and carriage identify us as not "them." And they are royally pissed.
Yup...I'm glad I live in a VERY blue town in a blue state but some of these ass-holes may very well travel to 'blue bastions' to reek havoc. Stay prepared, stay vigilant.
When the orange turd gets charged..it's going to get even more 'interesting' when trump the traitor calls on followers to come to help him...
................and he will ask them to protect and defend him. He will destroy this nation for his own ego. I'm doubtful sanity will ever prevail in USofA again.

Now I have to go pull my PT100 .40S&W from safe, reload three extended mags for my second EDC. Sadly, things are about to go side ways whether turd is indicted or not.
I'm ALWAYS carrying..and put my Ruger Carbine in car...Just got it from son..the breakdown model. 9mm...
I always carrying all the time as well. Usually my new Max-9 or the SP 101. I may start carrying my BUG BACK IN bag I call it. The back pack has my Kel-Tec Sub 2k with a happy stick and three Glock mags.
This bag is to make sure I can get back home to where all the goodies are.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

Here's a funny. TOS may have just screwed himself back in 2018.
Trump Made It A Felony To Mishandle Classified Documents In 2018

Oddly enough, one of the multiple laws covering the mishandling of government information is one that Trump himself amended during his tenure in the Oval Office, as pointed out by Tennessee state Sen. Jeff Yarbro (D) on Twitter.

Tucked into a bill Trump signed into law in January 2018 was a provision increasing the punishment for knowingly removing classified materials with the intent to retain them at an “unauthorized location.”

Previously, someone found guilty of this crime could face up to one year in prison. When former CIA Director David Petraeus was charged in 2015 with mishandling classified data, he pleaded guilty under this statute to avoid a felony charge, as Politico pointed out. A similar situation unfolded a decade earlier, when former national security adviser Samuel Berger pleaded guilty to removing terrorism-related materials from the National Archives in 2005.

Now, a person convicted of violating this law can face up to five years in prison ― making it a felony-level offense to mishandle classified documents under 18 U.S.C. 1924.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-ma ... 3dd5b4f229

Now when he is whining about how the law is unfair and unjust while having a meltdown, we can say you signed the law and the law won.

Now the judge that issued the Warrant is getting death threats against him and his family.
'I see a rope around his neck': Trump supporters issue violent threats against judge who approved Mar-a-Lago warrant

The judge who signed the search warrant for the FBI to search Mar-a-Lago is facing violent threats from Donald Trump's supporters, Vice News reported on Wednesday.
https://www.rawstory.com/trump-supporte ... ten-judge/

Of course these idiots don't realize that making threats against a Federal Judge or Magistrate, can get them meeting with the US Marshalls and a time in jail.

Trumpworld is abuzz with speculation about which close aide or aides has "flipped" and provided additional sensitive information to the FBI about what former President Trump was keeping at Mar-a-Lago, sources tell Axios. Trump's orbit is always an environment rife with mistrust and paranoia. Now, that's intensified. Monday's search revolves around the handling of government records — and whether Trump has been honest with federal officials. In a detail that seems too novelistic to be true, a focal point of the search was ... the Mar-a-Lago basement. Christina Bobb, a lawyer for Trump, told The Washington Post his lawyers held discussions with the Justice Department this spring over materials held at Mar-a-Lago.

Bobb said Trump's legal team searched through two to three dozen boxes in a basement storage area, hunting for documents that could be considered presidential records, and turned over several items. Bobb told The Post that in June, Trump lawyers showed DOJ investigators the boxes, and they looked through the material.

She said the investigators didn't think the storage unit was properly secured. So Trump officials added a lock. FBI agents broke through that lock during the search, Bobb said. The FBI removed about a dozen boxes that had been stored in the basement storage area, she said.
https://www.axios.com/2022/08/10/trump- ... fbi-search
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

TrueTexan wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:27 pm Now the judge that issued the Warrant is getting death threats against him and his family.
'I see a rope around his neck': Trump supporters issue violent threats against judge who approved Mar-a-Lago warrant

The judge who signed the search warrant for the FBI to search Mar-a-Lago is facing violent threats from Donald Trump's supporters, Vice News reported on Wednesday.

Of course these idiots don't realize that making threats against a Federal Judge or Magistrate, can get them meeting with the US Marshalls and a time in jail.
Violence, the first refuge of the unintelligent.

FrontSight wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:56 pm
TrueTexan wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:27 pm Now the judge that issued the Warrant is getting death threats against him and his family.

Violence, the first refuge of the unintelligent.
Bullies and thugs, I liken them akin to stray dogs, easily feeling threatened, barking and growling all the time in defense. Only a handful would actually bite. But group them together and they all become dangerous as a mindless pack following the most aggressive one.