Re: FBI Raids Trump/Mar-A-Lago!

As TOS whines and whimpers, we must remember that the FBI and DOJ had to go to a Federal magistrate or Judge and show good cause to issue the search warrant.

So TOS can just suck it up or shit and fall back in it. The search will be done.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Personally, I wish they had simultaneous raided every where he resides, including NYC Tower. Hopefully, they find all those burner phones used on J6.

On another good news note - J6 has already received Alex Jones cell phone records from lawyers in his law suit. Not to mention 36K worth of records from Cushman & Wakefield in NY AG case released. This has to be akin to Poe's Pit & Pendulum for the orange asshole disaster ex-prez.

I'm going to have more trouble than usual sleeping tonight I'm so giddy !!! LOL
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Greengunner wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:21 pm I still say he’ll never be held accountable for anything, but if I end up eating my hat on that one, I’ll enjoy every bite. Here’s hoping I’ve got it all wrong.
Depends on what you call held accountable. He WILL be charged, and most likely convicted. But the next Republican will pardon him on day one. So he will never see the inside of a jail.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

FrontSight wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:30 pm
Greengunner wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:21 pm I still say he’ll never be held accountable for anything, but if I end up eating my hat on that one, I’ll enjoy every bite. Here’s hoping I’ve got it all wrong.
Depends on what you call held accountable. He WILL be charged, and most likely convicted. But the next Republican will pardon him on day one. So he will never see the inside of a jail.
Well he might see the jail cell for a year or so while Biden is still in office. Of course he will appeal any conviction all the way to the SCOTUS with hope his court toadies will reverse the decision.

Now we can hope, he might try and act as the martyr and just be left behind in the dustbin of history.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Just a bit of caution in the jubilation. Nearly a third of this country think the election was rigged. Many believe their messiah is being persecuted by an illegitimate government. Civil War is being tossed all over social media right now. Be fucking careful out there, friends. Shit just got weirded. Our masks, cars, dress and carriage identify us as not "them." And they are royally pissed.

There is an honorable way out which, had he the courage and dignity, he might avail himself of...maybe even get himself a state send off.

But this is trump. Honor and courage are not within his character.
So hopefully there'll be another sort of state send off in his future.
Subliterate Buffooery of the right...
Literate Ignorance of the left...
We Are So Screwed

featureless wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:28 pm Just a bit of caution in the jubilation. Nearly a third of this country think the election was rigged. Many believe their messiah is being persecuted by an illegitimate government. Civil War is being tossed all over social media right now. Be fucking careful out there, friends. Shit just got weirded. Our masks, cars, dress and carriage identify us as not "them." And they are royally pissed.
Yes, out in the rural parts, ‘round the State of Jefferson and such places, it may be a concern when you go into town in your blue pickup with the LGC sticker to pick up a bale of hay. But just know that these TOS supporters are genuinely feeling on the defensive and fear you more than they let on. Like a dog that barks and growls as it slowly backs itself into a corner. Their fear is not entirely rational (if at all) and may lead them to do irrational things. But the less you react to their fears and intimidation, the stronger you will be to form an appropriate response.

Be mindful. Be a Jedi.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Yes, but he won't be able to hold a federal office, which is the minimum good newz!

featureless wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:28 pm Just a bit of caution in the jubilation. Nearly a third of this country think the election was rigged. Many believe their messiah is being persecuted by an illegitimate government. Civil War is being tossed all over social media right now. Be fucking careful out there, friends. Shit just got weirded. Our masks, cars, dress and carriage identify us as not "them." And they are royally pissed.
Get them out in the open where they can be dealt with if they're breaking the law.

We'll need more prisons LOL, "Build Back Better"!

Yes, Trumps supporters are already out protesting the "raid" as Trump hyped it. This is from one analysis of the Presidential Records Act (PRA) and Trump's potential liability. Trump is not the first president to violate the act.
First, the purported violations are more brazen. Previous administrations sought to wage the PRA battle through implementation guidelines with suspect classifications of what counted as a “Presidential record,” as well as through decision-making about whether to create a record in the first instance. The Trump administration, in contrast, issued facially valid (albeit skeletal) PRA implementing guidelines but appears to have proceeded to violate those guidelines flagrantly and routinely. In addition to Trump’s shredding habits, ample evidence suggests that Trump officials used messaging services with automatic message-deleting apps to communicate, as well as personal email accounts. There have been other instances of individual officials violating the federal records laws in one-off heists, but nothing quite like the reportedly routine and open violations of the PRA by the president himself.

Second, and relatedly, Trump and his aides were warned about their violations of the PRA early on in his administration. The Washington Post reports that “[a] former senior administration official said Trump was warned about the records act by McGahn [WH Counsel], as well as his first two chiefs of staff, Reince Priebus and John F. Kelly, who lamented to allies that Trump would ‘rip up everything,’ according to a person who heard his comments. Passantino also warned other aides about preserving documents.” But Trump and his aides continued to destroy records in spite of those warnings.

Third, Trump’s destruction of presidential records is part and parcel of a modus operandi that he has apparently adhered to for decades to avoid transparency and accountability. Trump has long eschewed email use, reportedly for fear of being hacked and, more importantly, “to shield himself from lawsuits.” He has also championed the use of non-disclosure and non-disparagement agreements to prevent individuals with knowledge of his affairs from coming forward, and continued to do so while in office. (In the interests of transparency, the authors note that their organization, Protect Democracy, is representing former Trump campaign staffer Jessica Denson in an ongoing class-action challenge to the campaign’s non-disclosure agreement.) Most recently, former President Trump has (unsuccessfully) attempted to invoke executive privilege to try to shield his administration’s records from the Jan. 6 select committee. As much as Trump purports to value free speech (and especially his own), he has long taken draconian measures to silence perceived enemies and to prevent the public from ever learning facts that do not comport with his narrative.
There are several provisions of federal criminal law imposing liability on officials who violate the PRA and the FRA. 18 U.S.C. § 641 makes it a felony to, among other things, dispose of any record that belongs to the United States. 18 U.S.C. § 1361 makes it a felony to injure property of the United States.

More specific to records, 18 U.S.C. § 2071 makes it a felony to willfully and unlawfully remove, mutilate or destroy—or to attempt to remove, mutilate or destroy—any record deposited in any public office or with any public officer of the United States. That same provision also makes it a felony for anyone having custody of such records to remove, mutilate or destroy those records and imposes severe consequences: a violation requires the individual to “forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States.”
https://www.lawfareblog.com/trumps-pres ... -solutions

DOJ is just gathering evidence, there is a long way to go before your "favorite person" is frog marched to prison. I doubt that will ever happen.

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Don't like the pardon part but anything to keep this virus out of the WH is OK with me.

Yup...I'm glad I live in a VERY blue town in a blue state but some of these ass-holes may very well travel to 'blue bastions' to reek havoc. Stay prepared, stay vigilant.
When the orange turd gets charged..it's going to get even more 'interesting' when trump the traitor calls on followers to come to help him...

F4FEver wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:23 am
Yup...I'm glad I live in a VERY blue town in a blue state but some of these ass-holes may very well travel to 'blue bastions' to reek havoc. Stay prepared, stay vigilant.
When the orange turd gets charged..it's going to get even more 'interesting' when trump the traitor calls on followers to come to help him...
................and he will ask them to protect and defend him. He will destroy this nation for his own ego. I'm doubtful sanity will ever prevail in USofA again.

Now I have to go pull my PT100 .40S&W from safe, reload three extended mags for my second EDC. Sadly, things are about to go side ways whether turd is indicted or not.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Apparently the FBI was at Maraloco most of yesterday, it's closed for the summer so just has a small staff including Secret Service agents. The story didn't break until after 6 pm EDT. Trump's in New Jersey. Everyone wants to see the application for the warrant, don't know if DOJ will release it.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan