Re: Glock switch

Next up, The Ronco stove top uranium enrichment... Nuke-n-Go! Impress your friends, say goodbye to your old neighborhood! No more dreadin' Armageddon. Control your own destiny. Have the final say.

Needs a 3-D printable shoulder stock.
Getting old, or is it just me?

I’d really like to know how big of an “epidemic” these glock switches and 3D printers are. How many instances, how many deaths, the perpetrators background and so on, details that would tell if this kind of expenditure is worth the money, time and will it even be effective. Note criminals will not care how much it’s outlawed. Are we talking more than the suicide rates, more than car accidents or unintentional poisoning deaths? It really does matter. What are we doing to reduce the number of accidental poisonings that are nearly 90k? I do wonder the magnitude of the dreaded glock switch deaths that they would overshadow such numbers.
2E24CB3F-7316-4291-8B76-0329E0D9EEFF.png

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

DJD100 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:12 pm When the gangs spray and pray full-auto in public places, which they do and have been doing for quite a while with their own illegally manufactured throw-away weapons and some modified rifles, everyone suffers.
So what law is going to prevent them from manufacturing and doing what they have been doing? I don’t think there is one. Basically we need to address some fundamental questions including why gangs exist.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:44 pm
DJD100 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:12 pm When the gangs spray and pray full-auto in public places, which they do and have been doing for quite a while with their own illegally manufactured throw-away weapons and some modified rifles, everyone suffers.
So what law is going to prevent them from manufacturing and doing what they have been doing? I don’t think there is one. Basically we need to address some fundamental questions including why gangs exist.
Why Gang’s exist, Poverty, Lack of Education, Sense of Belonging, Power over others and the list can go on. Gangs have been around probably since the time of early man. Jane Goodall even noted it in the chimpanzees and Gorillas of Africa fighting each other in gangs for control of an area. In humans we can look to the late 19th and early 20th century New York with the rise of theFive Point gang that evolved into theMafia and the different Mafia families. Where you have Gangs you have Crime, Where you have Crime you have Gangs.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Yup. Prohibition have us organized crime (mafia style) which gave us the NFA and each decade after brought more gun control and war on crime. I'm not convinced it's helped solve the underlying problem. I can only imagine the black market crime associated with an assault weapon ban. Hell, California's handgun roster has resulted in LEO creating a black market for off roster handguns. So, if we want to reduce gun homicides and criminality in general, evidence points to needing to address societal issues rather than bans that create markets that creat crime.

featureless wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:52 pm California's handgun roster has resulted in LEO creating a black market for off roster handguns. So, if we want to reduce gun homicides and criminality in general, evidence points to needing to address societal issues rather than bans that create markets that creat crime.
Just a niggely little point, the LEOs are not creating the market, they are supplying it. The market was created the instant someone said, "I want. . . "
"Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” Matt. 25:40

Hasaf wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:48 pm
featureless wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:52 pm California's handgun roster has resulted in LEO creating a black market for off roster handguns. So, if we want to reduce gun homicides and criminality in general, evidence points to needing to address societal issues rather than bans that create markets that creat crime.
Just a niggely little point, the LEOs are not creating the market, they are supplying it. The market was created the instant someone said, "I want. . . "
Fair enough. They are illegally participating and profiting from said market as the largest source of off-roster guns. There just aren't that many gun lovers moving to the state and then selling their collection.

I don't believe the general public needs full-auto weapons.

That said, there's not much you can do aside from stiff penalties for those caught etc.

Poverty is NOT an excuse for bad behavior with firearms, sorry progressives, bad behavior with firearms is simply bad behavior.

Regarding gangs, a lot needs to be done, including education opportunities, stiffer penalties for violent felons/gang members (any gang, from MS-13 to the Oath Keepers etc), opportunity in the poor neighborhoods (though it would help if they don't riot and burn their neighborhoods down, which obviously inhibits investment), stiffer penalties for drug dealers, stiffer penalties for ducking child support, etc, etc, yada - yada.

To pay for all that, simply tax the uber-rich, to try and re-balance the wealth disparity here (which is insane)!

What was that term I learned here today? Performative sumthin or another?
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

There are auto sears for other handguns and rifles as well. None of this is really new. So if the technology is not new what has changed or is this just hype to create an issue to drive a political agenda. I say it’s the latter.

All you can do law-wise is drastically stiffen the federal penalties for possessing "illegal" weapons, and especially on those convicted of using a firearm in commission of violent felonies, i.e. one strike and you're out IMO, as we don't need more armed predators on the street.

As to why gangs exist, poverty, drugs, single parent families, wayward fathers and missing child-support, lack of education and job opportunities, long -term systemic racism precluding generational wealth, cultural BS (Rap glorifying crime and drug abuse etc), the list is endless!

What's your plan on combating the above problems, as it's a complex subject etc...

DJD100 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:13 pm What's your plan on combating the above problems, as it's a complex subject etc...
Off the top of my head.

Stop the war on drugs. Equilibria in enforcement, representation and sentencing. Rehabilitation rather than repeat incarceration. Invest in poor neighborhood schools, banks, groceries and youth activities. Local policing. Local teaching. Local preaching. Invest in poor neighborhood infrastructure and mass transit. Bring back the fucking trades so anybody who isn't interested or able to "do college" has alternatives.

featureless wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:33 pm
DJD100 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:13 pm What's your plan on combating the above problems, as it's a complex subject etc...
Off the top of my head.

Stop the war on drugs. Equilibria in enforcement, representation and sentencing. Rehabilitation rather than repeat incarceration. Invest in poor neighborhood schools, banks, groceries and youth activities. Local policing. Local teaching. Local preaching. Invest in poor neighborhood infrastructure and mass transit. Bring back the fucking trades so anybody who isn't interested or able to "do college" has alternatives.
Ok, the trades were killed by illegal immigration, and the out-sourcing of manufacturing so you need to deal with that!

Investment in poor communities requires law enforcement being able to stop rioters from burning and looting when they're PO'd (for righteous reasons and not, as criminal activity is criminal activity regardless of the motivation).

Schools yes, as long as the gangs don't own the schools and harass the teachers who care enough to work there.

Mass transit, sure, as long as it's safe to operate in the area, and it isn't in many currently (i.e. more LEO's needed on mass transit).

Free JC and higher, good idea for those that qualify, and it's common in many places already.

Local religion seems to be in place, which doesn't effect gangsta's and rappa's much.

Universal health care would be another idea...

Ok, so allow all drugs to infect everyone sans any laws? Addictive drugs for free from the gov then, like Holland? Who's going to pay?

Crack, Meth, and Opiates make people violent and psychotic when they're withdrawing, not wise to create more addicts IMO, better to up the penalties for dealers.

Complicated subject...

sikacz wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:49 pm Address the underlying causes, stiffer penalties will do nothing.
It puts more black kids and young adults in prison. The war on crime and elevated sentences are a large reason there are too few black fathers. So moms work 3 jobs and don't have eyes on the kids or energy to keep them on the school path. Which is part of the reason there's increased crime. It's a fucked up persecutory feedback loop.

featureless wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:09 pm
sikacz wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:49 pm Address the underlying causes, stiffer penalties will do nothing.
It puts more black kids and young adults in prison. The war on crime and elevated sentences are a large reason there are too few black fathers. So moms work 3 jobs and don't have eyes on the kids or energy to keep them on the school path. Which is part of the reason there's increased crime. It's a fucked up persecutory feedback loop.
Exactly, doubling down on sentences and punish is not a solution to all the social inequalities in our country. Yes, it’s complicated, but it’s also not complicated.

DJD100 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:30 pm
featureless wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:33 pm
Off the top of my head.

Ok, the trades were killed by illegal immigration, and the out-sourcing of manufacturing so you need to deal with that!

Investment in poor communities requires law enforcement being able to stop rioters from burning and looting when they're PO'd (for righteous reasons and not, as criminal activity is criminal activity regardless of the motivation).

Schools yes, as long as the gangs don't own the schools and harass the teachers who care enough to work there.

Mass transit, sure, as long as it's safe to operate in the area, and it isn't in many currently (i.e. more LEO's needed on mass transit).

Free JC and higher, good idea for those that qualify, and it's common in many places already.

Local religion seems to be in place, which doesn't effect gangsta's and rappa's much.

Universal health care would be another idea...

Ok, so allow all drugs to infect everyone sans any laws? Addictive drugs for free from the gov then, like Holland? Who's going to pay?

Crack, Meth, and Opiates make people violent and psychotic when they're withdrawing, not wise to create more addicts IMO, better to up the penalties for dealers.

Complicated subject...
I don't think immigration hurt the building trades, rather it helps fill an ever decreasing home grown supply of willing participants. Those I've met and worked with are talented, skilled, hard working people being taken advantage of by a system which coddles worthless pieces of shit while cutting off the life blood which made this country the beacon of hope it once was.

We benifited greatly by the influx of Europian scientists via Hitler, We should offer safe haven to those fleeing corrupt governments everywhere and benifit from new blood. We're going all Habsburg here. Soon we will have to pay someone to chew our food for us.

Probably an "illegal".
Getting old, or is it just me?

Being in the trades I would say illegals did screw up the building trades even into flooring as it kept the wages artificially very low and in the framing area you couldn't make a living off what they paid. Especially down here along the border. The builders loved it. Now they hate the laws AZ has enacted. ASnd with covid all of them either went to other states or back to Mexico.
There's still many around working under a contractor thats paying them cash so they don't get caught. But wages have definitely gone up.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”