Biden makes pact with Mitch McConnell

Now that Biden has made a pact with the devil, MoscowMitch to submit the nomination of Republican attorney Chad Meredith, a MAGA supporter, and an anti-abortion lawyer to a lifetime federal judgeship in Kentucky, news that comes less than a week after the U.S. Supreme Court ended the constitutional right to abortion.
In exchange, McConnell (R-Ky.) has purportedly agreed not to obstruct the president's future judicial nominations—a vow that was met with deep skepticism from outside observers, given the Kentucky Republican's long record of cynical machinations that have yanked the Supreme Court and lower courts to the right for decades to come.
Bet Mitch has all his fingers and toes crossed when he said yes.

https://www.rawstory.com/massive-betray ... ion-judge/
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: Biden makes pact with Mitch McConnell

VERY ambitious move, VERY high risk.
I don't think many hold out much hope McConnel will follow through.

However - If the longshot works, McConnel is probably the most effective Senate Minority leader in history. The prick is very good at his job, and it would be nice to have him sit one or two out.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

#MoscowMitch has never, in the over thirty-five years I've been watching him (He had been a local political hack before becoming a major political hack, er, Senator), acted in good faith. He is a crafty SOB, and is quite fond of zero-sum outcomes, and will rarely deal if he thinks he'll come out as the loser. Biden should have known this.

I never had much faith in Biden, but what little I had is now lost for good. He's no centrist.
Eventually I'll figure out this signature thing and decide what I want to put here.

tonguengroover wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:32 pm
sikacz wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:08 pm
Wino wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:14 pm Still, all in all, Biden beats the shit out of the orange turd being in power.
Anyone would have been better. That’s the lowest bar possible and biden is the second lowest.
So your pick was who?
There were other candidates, any of them would have been better. Our constitution did not outline a two party system, that was a development of the two main parties consolidating power. Using a previous president as an excuse to justify a current incompetent one is lame.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:23 am
Wino wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:14 pm Still, all in all, Biden beats the shit out of the orange turd being in power.
Anyone would have been better. That’s the lowest bar possible and biden is the second lowest.
So your pick was who?
There were other candidates, any of them would have been better. Our constitution did not outline a two party system, that was a development of the two main parties consolidating power. Using a previous president as an excuse to justify a current incompetent one is lame.
Lame?? Absolutely!!! Unfortunately, that's where we are today. How we got here is irrelevant at this point. What's important is whether we can exit this mess and still have a democratic republic. I say no, IF we DO NOT prosecute and convict turd for ANY of his crimes.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

So your pick was who?
Yes but please answer the question. Which one was your pick?
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

tonguengroover wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:07 am

So your pick was who?
Yes but please answer the question. Which one was your pick?
I’ve answered that question before leading up to and after. If you’re so keen on who I voted for read my posts. The election is over and the next election I will make a similar decision depending on the available candidates.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.