Ken Paxton Texas AG says he’s 'willing and able' to challenge a landmark Supreme Court ruling on gay rights

Sydney, Australia’s 9News reports that when Paxton, during an interview, was asked if he would be willing to take a challenge to Lawrence v. Texas to the U.S. Supreme Court, he indicated that he would. And Paxton also indicated that he would enforce Texas’ old sodomy law if Lawrence were overturned.

Paxton, during that interview, said, “My job is to defend state law, and I’ll continue to do that. That is my job under the Constitution, and I’m certainly willing and able to do that.”

When the U.S. Supreme Court handed down its 6-3 Lawrence ruling in 2003, Thomas was among the three dissenters; the other two were the late Justice Antonin Scalia and then-Chief Justice William Rehnquist. The majority opinion in Lawrence was written by Justice Anthony Kennedy, a right-wing libertarian and Ronald Reagan appointee who was a strong supporter of right-to-privacy decisions — and Kennedy, in Lawrence, used the right-to-privacy framework that had been a part of not only Roe, but also, other U.S. Supreme Court decisions such as 1965’s Griswold v. Connecticut (which established access to contraception as a constitutionally protected right for married couples), 1969’s Stanley v. Georgia and 1972’s Eisenstadt v. Baird (which expanded Griswold to unmarried couples).
More here: https://www.alternet.org/2022/06/far-r ... 0#cxrecs_s

Unfortunately Paxton is the darling of the Texas Repugs even when he is under indictment for security investment fraud and his batting average for winning cases would not let him play in the little league.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,