Re: House J6 Insurrection Hearings thread

At a minimum, if Meadows and Clark don't go to jail, then the Republic is over. The will be nothing preventing this bullshit in every fucking election.

As for The Orange Turd...That fucker ought to go to jail, but I think we all know he won't. Before he goes to trial, they'll offer him a cream puff deal if he just cops a plea on one felony (there is a LOT of precedent for this by the way). So I wouldn't kid myself about ever seeing The Orange Turd wearing all orange.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

CDFingers wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:38 pm The limo driver and the SS chief deny the incident in the Beast took place. Recess coming up. Just like a season ending cliff hanger. Who shot JR?

CDFingers
Yeah, but they weren't in The Beast, they were in a SUV so it could've easily happened (The Beast has a lot of comm equipment between the rear seating and the driver's compartment, and the SUV which is used for short trips like taking Trump to Walter Reed with COVID does not).

Don't forget a lot of the SS were supportive of the coup (Sercret Service LOL!), as Pence wouldn't get into a car driven by unknown SS to escape the rioters looking to hang him at the Capitol, because he knew they would've taken him to who knows where, and at worst off'd him, or at best stopped the vote counting etc,

So, it's feasable it could have happened in the SUV, where it wouldn't have been feasable in The Beast.

rolandson wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:55 pm Male spouselet and I watched. While ...entertaining and informative...I'll use his words to amplify my thoughts...

"Until we see the cuffs slapped on 'him', it's all just noise."

Neither of us believe that that, despite truly wanting it, will ever happen.
I don’t believe it’ll happen either.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Honestly, I think we're just screwed as a nation and past the point of repair. I sincerely hope I'm wrong in that but it's becoming more evident by the minute.

The Dems won't prosecute. Full stop. They're stuck back in the 50's thinking that there's some discourse to be had here about elections and the roles of these grifters and sycophants. There isn't, any longer IMO. They're past the point of caring and they have their eye on the prize. They (meaning the far right to the center-right) see him as like a second coming. I work with A LOT of people who have expressed as much. They see a chance for their vision of that "perfect white nation" and have now over-extended themselves. There's no going back for these people. I think they're in full commit mode. This is the America they want, and (maybe I'm wrong) the Left has been too weak and ineffectual to pump the brakes.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Well, hey now. Even if Garland won't prosecute for fear of appearances, I can't imagine a President DeSantis would allow someone like Donny to walk around free. It takes a Republican to prosecute one, those are the rules. Only in-tribal justice applies. The goal for the committee is to make Donny so toxic that donors won't touch him, and someone else can float to the top of the cesspool.

Now, I'm of the opinion that DeSantis and others are even more dangerous, because now they've seen what they can do if they bring a whit of competence to the table, to go along with the sociopathic disregard for human life and democracy. So that's where we are in the rise of fascism in America. Think late '90s Yeltsin consolidating power, with Putin waiting behind the curtain.

If the left doesn't pull together - and I don't know, maybe Dobbs has done it - and shut these guys down at the ballot box, no amount of prosecution will help. History has been served, but that's no comfort to the victims.

DJD100 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:36 am
CDFingers wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:38 pm The limo driver and the SS chief deny the incident in the Beast took place. Recess coming up. Just like a season ending cliff hanger. Who shot JR?

CDFingers
Yeah, but they weren't in The Beast, they were in a SUV so it could've easily happened (The Beast has a lot of comm equipment between the rear seating and the driver's compartment, and the SUV which is used for short trips like taking Trump to Walter Reed with COVID does not).

Don't forget a lot of the SS were supportive of the coup (Sercret Service LOL!), as Pence wouldn't get into a car driven by unknown SS to escape the rioters looking to hang him at the Capitol, because he knew they would've taken him to who knows where, and at worst off'd him, or at best stopped the vote counting etc,

So, it's feasable it could have happened in the SUV, where it wouldn't have been feasable in The Beast.
Actually, it was simpler than that. Grassley, who is both President Pro Tem and losing his marbles (and his spine), spilled the tea when he said on 5 Jan that HE would oversee the counting of the EV--meaning he KNEW that Pence would (somehow) not be doing it--and Grassley WOULD have illegally dis-allowed EVs from the states that went closely for Biden. Grassley is another traitor because he was part of the conspiracy to overturn the election.

Under the Constitution when the President of the Senate (the VP) cannot exercise a function, the Pro Tem steps in, particularly the overseeing of the counting of the EVs. It happened after the deaths of every President because there was no VP. It was also understood prior to 25A that if the replacement President died, the President Pro Tem would take over. 25A changed that to the Speaker, THEN the Pro Tem.

OTOH, the driver and the SS agent haven't been put under oath so their statements aren't binding. Under oath, facing felony perjury charges, their stories may WELL change.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

featureless wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:03 am Well, last night, I was so mad I threw my dinner at the wall. It felt very presidential.

This whole thing has been fascinating in the stomach turning sense.
I would have done the same thing. Except my wife would have made me clean it up.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

wings wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:01 am Well, hey now. Even if Garland won't prosecute for fear of appearances, I can't imagine a President DeSantis would allow someone like Donny to walk around free. It takes a Republican to prosecute one, those are the rules. Only in-tribal justice applies. The goal for the committee is to make Donny so toxic that donors won't touch him, and someone else can float to the top of the cesspool.

Now, I'm of the opinion that DeSantis and others are even more dangerous, because now they've seen what they can do if they bring a whit of competence to the table, to go along with the sociopathic disregard for human life and democracy. So that's where we are in the rise of fascism in America. Think late '90s Yeltsin consolidating power, with Putin waiting behind the curtain.

If the left doesn't pull together - and I don't know, maybe Dobbs has done it - and shut these guys down at the ballot box, no amount of prosecution will help. History has been served, but that's no comfort to the victims.
Sadly, ^^^THIS!^^^

YankeeTarheel wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:20 am
DJD100 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:36 am

CDFingers

Actually, it was simpler than that. Grassley, who is both President Pro Tem and losing his marbles (and his spine), spilled the tea when he said on 5 Jan that HE would oversee the counting of the EV--meaning he KNEW that Pence would (somehow) not be doing it--and Grassley WOULD have illegally dis-allowed EVs from the states that went closely for Biden. Grassley is another traitor because he was part of the conspiracy to overturn the election.

Under the Constitution when the President of the Senate (the VP) cannot exercise a function, the Pro Tem steps in, particularly the overseeing of the counting of the EVs. It happened after the deaths of every President because there was no VP. It was also understood prior to 25A that if the replacement President died, the President Pro Tem would take over. 25A changed that to the Speaker, THEN the Pro Tem.

OTOH, the driver and the SS agent haven't been put under oath so their statements aren't binding. Under oath, facing felony perjury charges, their stories may WELL change.
^^^THIS!^^^

FrontSight wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:10 pm At a minimum, if Meadows and Clark don't go to jail, then the Republic is over. The will be nothing preventing this bullshit in every fucking election.

As for The Orange Turd...That fucker ought to go to jail, but I think we all know he won't. Before he goes to trial, they'll offer him a cream puff deal if he just cops a plea on one felony (there is a LOT of precedent for this by the way). So I wouldn't kid myself about ever seeing The Orange Turd wearing all orange.
I didn't think this one through. Before they can even bring Trump to trial, we'll have a new Republican president who will immediately pardon Trump "So the country can heal"... 'cause we see how well that worked the last time. (hint, this is how Trump has known from the beginning, that whatever happens HE won't go to jail)
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

Rudy Giuliani botches attack on Cassidy Hutchinson

Former Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani on Wednesday tried to attack the credibility of January 6 committee witness Cassidy Hutchinson -- but he made a statement that appeared to be self-incriminating.
Writing on Twitter, Giuliani took issue with Hutchinson's claim that he sought a pardon from former President Donald Trump.
The January 6 Witch Hunt Cabal has now exceeded even its prior fraudulent," he said. "The last witness was a reckless liar. Contrary to her false testimony she was never present when I asked for a pardon."

The former New York mayor then added, "Actually, I told the President I did not want or need one."
The January 6 committee earlier this month revealed it had obtained an email from attorney John Eastman sent directly to Giuliani in which he explicitly said, "I’ve decided that I should be on the pardon list, if that is still in the works.”
https://www.rawstory.com/rudy-giuliani-2657582861/

Rudy, Rudy Rudy, When will you learn that silence is golden. Especially when it looks like you just might be following in your fathers footsteps.
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

I'm actually saddened to see the media key in on Trump's tantrums, that shit is fucking immaterial (with one minor exception). But let's be honest, if anyone has ever paid attention to presidents you would know that temper tantrums come with the job. There's a LONG list of presidents who were abusive to staff, threw temper tantrums; and there's only ONE reason why everyone thinks this is the first time a president has assaulted a SS agent. And that's professional discretion. USSS never, NEVER talks. Their number one job after physical security is reputation security (pie in the face, rumor mills, etc.). When something embarrassing happens with the president, its their job to NEVER talk about it.

As a former bodyguard myself who was trained by USSS, and worked alongside USSS I would be absolutely SHOCKED if this is the first time a SS agent was hit/pushed/shoved/slapped by a sitting president.

Anyhow...

That is so far down on the list of things that ought to disturb you about yesterday's testimony, and its a MASSIVE mistake to key in on what is essentially not out of the realm of "normal" for a president when we have SO MUCH truly law breaking and disturbing coup behavior that they should be talking about.

FrontSight wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:15 pm I'm actually saddened to see the media key in on Trump's tantrums, that shit is fucking immaterial (with one minor exception).

--snrp--

That is so far down on the list of things that ought to disturb you about yesterday's testimony, and its a MASSIVE mistake to key in on what is essentially not out of the realm of "normal" for a president when we have SO MUCH truly law breaking and disturbing coup behavior that they should be talking about.
I think the key takeaway is that he wanted his armed supporters to be able to go armed into the Capitol because they weren't going to hurt HIM. He knew they were his flying monkeys. With guns.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

The moment 45 was told about guns, knives, spears in the crowd of his supporters THEN DEMANDED the SS to remove the metal-detectors (“mags”) to allow ARMED SUPPORTERS to enter and fill the Ellipse grounds prior to his speech, that was the moment his ego betrayed his desire for a riot to disrupt and overturn the EV count for Biden at the Capitol.
“I don’t f---in’ care that they have weapons.”

“They’re not here to hurt me. Take the f---in’ mags away. Let my people in. They can march to the Capitol from here,” Hutchinson testified.
“Let my people in. They can march to the Capitol from here,” like some perverted Moses intent on overthrowing the Pharaoh rather than escaping.

At this point the Cheeto Mussolini could be indicted for inciting a riot. If Mark Meadows and his SS had not prevented him from going to the Capitol himself with “his people” (as he clearly wanted to) he would already have been impeached, REMOVED, then arrested for leading a failed coup against the United States.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

I can’t be alone in seeing the earth-shattering significance of the unscheduled Day 6 hearing giving us Hutchinson’s testimony yesterday... She’s like the rug that really ties the room together, man.

And now that the story of an actual conspiracy is out, the DOJ can pick up her boss and sweat him under the lights to turn state’s evidence for a criminal prosecution of 45.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Bisbee wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:34 pm Am I alone in seeing the earth-shattering significance of the unscheduled Day 6 hearing giving us Hutchinson’s testimony yesterday? She’s like the rug that really ties the room together, man.

And now that the story is out, the DOJ can pick up her boss and sweat him under the lights to turn state’s evidence for a criminal prosecution of 45.
Exactly! We can hope Meadows may just do a John Dean and spill his guts. I don't believe the Repugs hav the Code of Silence like the Mafia had.

On other relate Jan 6 news.
Attorneys scramble to block subpoenas of Georgia lawmakers in investigation into Trump's efforts to overturn election

Attorneys are attempting to block subpoenas for Georgia state legislators from the Fulton County special grand jury investigating former President Donald Trump's efforts to overturn Georgia's 2020 election results, 11Alive reports.

While it is not known exactly how many were subpoenaed, among the recipients are state Sen. William Ligon and Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan.

As 11Alive points out, attorneys claim the lawmakers cannot be questioned on anything relating to their legislative conduct, citing state constitutional privilege and immunity clauses, saying Georgia's constitution "grants unqualified legislative immunity to legislators and their staff for any conduct related to their activity as legislators."
https://www.rawstory.com/trump-georgia- ... 657585340/

So the lawmakers have almost the same immunity as police officers. Isn't that convenient, does that include illegal activities?