Re: House J6 Insurrection Hearings thread

Bisbee wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:15 pm It was not lost on me today that Acting Attorney General Rosen revealed 45 was pressuring to have a statement released by the DOJ that would simply cast doubt on the veracity of the election in GA which he can use to prop up all other kinds of fabrication of election fraud. This is exactly the same gameplay that he (and Oozing Giuliani) used in trying to have similar statements about Hunter Biden investigations released from the government of Ukraine (by holding hostage military aid to the country already approved by Congress) directly pressuring President Zelenskyy to do so, in order to prop up a smear campaign against then Candidate Biden. Again, using the powers of his office and US government corruptly for personal gain for which he was impeached and clearly didn’t learn anything from.
But he did learn. He learned that nothing would happen even if he really did shoot someone on 5th Ave at mid-day on the middle of the week.

And unless things really do change and move beyond rhetoric and accusations so far it looks like nothing will happen to him this time.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

And unless things really do change and move beyond rhetoric and accusations so far it looks like nothing will happen to him this time.
Well i dunno. Im not a lawyer and the wife isn't a constitutional lawyer but a lawyer nonetheless, its comforting to hear her actually giggling aloud to todays testimony. And the tone of the giggles were ones of theres blood in the water.
Certainly there's accusations but those are backed up by others testimony.
I bet theres recordings with 45 on b the other end of the line.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

Another smoking gun
Mo Brooks texts email to CBS containing instructions from Donald Trump on how to request pardons

On Thursday evening, CBS News Chief Election and Campaign Correspondent Robert Costa posted a January 11th, 2021 email sent by United States Representative Mo Brooks (R-Alabama) to then-Special Assistant and Oval Office Operations Coordinator Molly Michael on behalf of himself and congressional allies with instructions from former President Donald Trump on how they should request pardons for their roles in the January 6th insurrection.

The extraordinary memo was texted to CBS by Brooks and contains numerous typos as well as references to constitutional clauses that do not exist.
Full article and text here:https://www.alternet.org/2022/06/mo-bro ... p-pardons/

Since Mo Brooks was defeated, in his senate race, he is willing to testify.
https://people.com/politics/mo-brooks-w ... n-6-panel/
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

I have described turd and his sycophants as a xenomorps - from Wiki - "they lack a technological civilization of any kind, and are instead primal, predatory creatures with no higher goal than the preservation and propagation of their own species by any means necessary, up to and including the elimination of other lifeforms that may pose a threat to their existence." That's the short of it - for a longer explanation see following link:

https://www.salon.com/2022/06/27/dr-lan ... and-trial/

Excerpt:
I have been frustrated for so many years now, really since 2016. I've said this so many times in various settings, but people don't quite get it. Donald Trump is not like other human beings, and you can't treat him as if he is. The news media refused to accept that. He is a severe sociopath, and his willingness to see others suffer and die pushes him into the realm of a psychopath. He lacks the core of normal empathy, and the ability to appreciate that other people have rights. He is a very sick man. Yet the media and others treated him like an ordinary person.
For this nation to survive he MUST be prosecuted and convicted. Anything short of this will be the end of this democratic republic.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Wino wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:19 am I have described turd and his sycophants as a xenomorps - from Wiki - "they lack a technological civilization of any kind, and are instead primal, predatory creatures with no higher goal than the preservation and propagation of their own species by any means necessary, up to and including the elimination of other lifeforms that may pose a threat to their existence." That's the short of it - for a longer explanation see following link:

https://www.salon.com/2022/06/27/dr-lan ... and-trial/

Excerpt:
I have been frustrated for so many years now, really since 2016. I've said this so many times in various settings, but people don't quite get it. Donald Trump is not like other human beings, and you can't treat him as if he is. The news media refused to accept that. He is a severe sociopath, and his willingness to see others suffer and die pushes him into the realm of a psychopath. He lacks the core of normal empathy, and the ability to appreciate that other people have rights. He is a very sick man. Yet the media and others treated him like an ordinary person.
For this nation to survive he MUST be prosecuted and convicted. Anything short of this will be the end of this democratic republic.
I agree, which is why I don't have much hope for the future. I would be absolutely shocked if he was prosecuted for anything, regardless of the evidence.
Whatever I said above, just pretend I included the obligatory “both sides,” especially if I said something mean about Trump (don’t want to hurt any feelings).

www.schayden.com

OMG! At the break: we had a four year old who assaulted his SS detail physically while in the Beast, who regularly threw food at the walls in anger...

My guess is this will compete for headlines with Roe for about, say, four months. The hapless Repubs each should have to walk up those thirteen steps on live TV.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

This is the same story we’ve heard throughout his entire presidency. Everyone around him was terrified of him and terrified that they’d all end up in prison. They constantly scrambled trying to stop him from doing dangerous, impulsive, and illegal things, and he shrugged them off knowing full well that he’d never actually be held accountable for anything. He’s been right every time. I’m going to guess that he’s still right. I’ve seen this movie before. Fool me once and all that.
Whatever I said above, just pretend I included the obligatory “both sides,” especially if I said something mean about Trump (don’t want to hurt any feelings).

www.schayden.com

“The John Dean of the Watergate Investigations” just finished her testimony in front of the Jan 6 Commission for the American people. Thank you, Cassidy Hutchinson.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

1st - I understand that Cassidy is no saint by a long freaking shot...remember who she worked for
2nd - She probably made a deal to testify (speculation, don't know if she actually has)
3rd - A defense attorney would have most of what she said thrown out as hearsay

But here's the part that is damaging. She gives people, places and times; and they all match up with what everyone else has stated. That means she's not lying. It also means most elements can be corroborated by evidence to multiple other people and sources. I'll bet even the location data on her phone confirms everything as well So despite the fact that she's Cruella DeVille dressed up as Snow White for the public, she is VERY credible as a witness. When you add her testimony to the vast preponderance of other evidence, is it "reasonable" to think this was anything other than a planned attack on the capitol with the intent of holding on to power. So to the charge of conspiracy to defraud the government, I think it shouldn't be all that hard to get a conviction on Trump. It would be a circumstantial case mostly, but there are buckets of circumstantial evidence that would be awfully hard to reconcile with any other theory...that's what convictions are made of.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

House J6 can't prosecute nor make "deals". J6 is really just a toothless and pathetic attempt at finding the truth. Only DoJ can make a difference and I do not expect Garland to have the huevos to indict turd for anything no matter how egregious. We are truly double fucked.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.