Re: Let's see and talk revolvers.

sikacz wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:41 am The one shooting is a K-38. Escaped gas. It’s why you don’t put your fingers over the cylinder gap.
Based on Ian’s video, it would appear you have a gap-seal issue on your particular K-38, SikaCZ.

Were you shooting original ammo? Can you reload those brass empties to specs?
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Bisbee wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:16 pm
sikacz wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:41 am The one shooting is a K-38. Escaped gas. It’s why you don’t put your fingers over the cylinder gap.
Based on Ian’s video, it would appear you have a gap-seal issue on your particular K-38, SikaCZ.

Were you shooting original ammo? Can you reload those brass empties to specs?
Two different guns, a Nagant and a S&W K38. LoL.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

A-ha! Thought you owned one of those early 1900’s American made Nagant’s that Russia contracted Remington to, ah, er...

Oh never mind.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Let's see and talk revolvers.

tonguengroover wrote:
INVICTVS138 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:12 pm
tonguengroover wrote:
FrontSight wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:44 pm That's a very good price for a Vaquero, I'd buy that and I'm not a Ruger guy.
What? $795 or what I offered?
Probably too low. It’s not a horrible deal at $795. I’d say $750, while not a steal is a fair price since these aren’t exactly all over the place in quantity…

When someone offers me a Hundo less I move along, $50 I consider a counter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But but i read The Art of The Deal and my take away from it is L O W B A L L the sucker. Lol J/K
Besides its used.
Like i told the guy, theres a new Umberti 45 LC that looks just like it for $625 down the street.
Id prefer a Ruger and if its just a LC forever thats fine.
I really dont like used guns that much.
Yeah but those 2 pistols aren’t In the same league.

Ruger vaquero is worth a few Hundo’s more than any Italian-colt clone in my book. The only revolver I’ve ever gotten rid of was a Pietta. Don’t miss it. (I have a Taurus M82 .38 that is much better.) Semi-autos come and go but I usually hang onto the wheel-guns. Plus, the Ruger single actions are just much more user friendly; being safe to carry 6, and not having to half cock to load. Better mousetrap.

I really want that vaquero, lol. I love the case coloring. I’m moving right now so not in the budget. I’d snap that pistol up I. A heartbeat if it was local - definitely for $750.

Well heck. I always appreciate your input.
Dang thing is is a new one is msrp $1019.
A guy should be able to pick a new one up for 9 Benjamin's.
I haven't heard back about my offer yet. Maybe I insulted them. Lol
I'm gonna wait to see what happens with prices on July 4th before i either move on this or a 1911.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

The occasional cylinder hang-up on my Blackhawk turned into a complete failure to rotate. Rugged, they said. Nigh indestructible, they said. Well, we'll see if the stories about customer service are true. Was looking forward to spending some more range time with it now that we've gone endemic, but I'm not sure I'm going to get it back.

wings wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:09 am The occasional cylinder hang-up on my Blackhawk turned into a complete failure to rotate. Rugged, they said. Nigh indestructible, they said. Well, we'll see if the stories about customer service are true. Was looking forward to spending some more range time with it now that we've gone endemic, but I'm not sure I'm going to get it back.
Hope it goes well and you get your revolver back.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

wings wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:09 am The occasional cylinder hang-up on my Blackhawk turned into a complete failure to rotate. Rugged, they said. Nigh indestructible, they said. Well, we'll see if the stories about customer service are true. Was looking forward to spending some more range time with it now that we've gone endemic, but I'm not sure I'm going to get it back.
I bet a dollar you get it back within 2 weeks.

wings wrote:Me too. The action had smoothed up a lot the last few times out, and I really enjoy shooting it. The question is - will I regret stocking up ammo at post-pandemic prices, or was it a good idea to lay in some before inflation really kicks in?
“Stocking up” on .45 LC sheesh … that’s an expensive proposition either way & has been. They were at least $45/box 10 years ago.

I try to keep 200 or so reloads on hand because that is the one caliber I have that is truly “unobtainable” with price and local availability factored in. As it is I shot a bunch of my handloads recently and I’m down to about 50 rds.

Did we get a picture of it in this thread?

Did you check to see if the transfer bar was hitting the firing pin? Spring pin could be stuck. I've heard of that issue before.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

INVICTVS138 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:52 pm Yeah but those 2 pistols aren’t In the same league.

Ruger vaquero is worth a few Hundo’s more than any Italian-colt clone in my book. The only revolver I’ve ever gotten rid of was a Pietta. Don’t miss it. (I have a Taurus M82 .38 that is much better.) Semi-autos come and go but I usually hang onto the wheel-guns. Plus, the Ruger single actions are just much more user friendly; being safe to carry 6, and not having to half cock to load. Better mousetrap.

I really want that vaquero, lol. I love the case coloring. I’m moving right now so not in the budget. I’d snap that pistol up I. A heartbeat if it was local - definitely for $750.

Too funny...

I got rid of my Rugers and kept my Uberti's. I guess when I want a 19th century revolver, I want it a good bit more 19th century than Ruger makes. The Rugers are certainly more robust than any SAA or SAA clone, but for me that's not the point. For me its about shooting a historical gun, so if both the Vaquero and Cattlemen came out just yesterday and they were both price the same, I'd pick the Uberti every day of the week. If I wanted a modern revolver, I'd just buy a modern revolver.

But I do get the appeal of the Ruger. It's SAA-esque, and you can abuse it all day long and just get away with it. I know, I'm the gunsmith who keeps all the "prop" revolvers running at an old west gunfight re-enactment show in Virginia City. Uberti's are way tougher than you think, but the Rugers just can't be killed. I just serviced two single sixes that have been shooting black powder blanks almost daily for the past 6 months. But the two single sixes, although they looked like they had been dragged behind a truck on a gravel road, cleaned right up, and only had very minor rust pitting. What's more, once properly cleaned and oiled, the actions on both were just butter smooth, and the guns functioned perfectly.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

FrontSight wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:02 am
INVICTVS138 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:52 pm Yeah but those 2 pistols aren’t In the same league.

Too funny...

I got rid of my Rugers and kept my Uberti's. I guess when I want a 19th century revolver, I want it a good bit more 19th century than Ruger makes. The Rugers are certainly more robust than any SAA or SAA clone, but for me that's not the point. For me its about shooting a historical gun, so if both the Vaquero and Cattlemen came out just yesterday and they were both price the same, I'd pick the Uberti every day of the week. If I wanted a modern revolver, I'd just buy a modern revolver.

But I do get the appeal of the Ruger. It's SAA-esque, and you can abuse it all day long and just get away with it. I know, I'm the gunsmith who keeps all the "prop" revolvers running at an old west gunfight re-enactment show in Virginia City. Uberti's are way tougher than you think, but the Rugers just can't be killed. I just serviced two single sixes that have been shooting black powder blanks almost daily for the past 6 months. But the two single sixes, although they looked like they had been dragged behind a truck on a gravel road, cleaned right up, and only had very minor rust pitting. What's more, once properly cleaned and oiled, the actions on both were just butter smooth, and the guns functioned perfectly.
Yeah, well I am a Ruger fanboy but also being Italian I think dad would approve of me buying an Italian made gun here and there.
One of my biggest pet peeves is buying used guns. I got a real junker of a Smiffy semi-auto back in the day and took a huge loss on it. Like fitty bucks in 80' dollars. hehe
I'll usually only do it with a friend or one who will give me money back if I don't like it.
I like new guns better cus no one knows whats been done to a used gun.